Where is the Will Rogers thread this week?

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
It's a crime how we waste talent making them sit the bench as a backup receiver and just a kick off return man
Griffin really does get very few quality touches. He’s just another rando to Leach. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off.

Oct 17, 2022
Will is physically pretty limited but the real issue is the O line. If the O line can protect everything works, but this O line without Sharp just isn’t very good. The main Reason we looked good in that three game stretch was the o line held up well.
we will never have the o line to stop the top sec d lines when we have a statue back there. this team goes as far as the o line takes them.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Will is physically pretty limited but the real issue is the O line. If the O line can protect everything works, but this O line without Sharp just isn’t very good. The main Reason we looked good in that three game stretch was the o line held up well.
we will never have the o line to stop the top sec d lines when we have a statue back there. this team goes as far as the o line takes them.

Not saying that this is entirely wrong by any stretch, but I do struggle with blaming the O line for two reasons

1) UK was credited with one sack and one hurry last weekend. It wasn't '21 Bama where the opposing defense sacked Rogers 9 times, and I felt like there were three things that really killed our passing attack last week. Giving up on the running game, awful blocking from our RBs, and Will's constant confusion as to where pressure would be coming from. Sharp's absence was noticeable, but I don't feel like the O line was as horrible last week as some are saying

2) Even if we agree that O line pass blocking was the problem, what's the easier fix here? Building a 2-deep O line that can give our QB 3-5 seconds of a clean pocket against SEC defense or having a QB that can can actually move? Again, I'm not talking dual threat or an elite athlete, just someone where the play isn't immediately dead the second he starts rolling

Oct 17, 2022
stat sheet saying one sack one hurry is not the way Will reacted to UK pressure. He threw it away and failed to look down field because of pressure multiple times. yes A more mobile qb would help alleviate this. O line is a B with Sharp and Lasoya at guard, without Sharp it’s a C-, compounded with Johnson’s absence as a blocking back and power runner.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
It sometimes appears Rogers is more focused on making sure he knows where his 2-3 dump-off receivers are than his 2-3 downfield receivers are. We've had a number on downfield guys open that he just didn't pick up.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login