Where's the economic market folks at today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Well let's say the bill to support your own generation was $10k (the generation before you having paid for itself). And you paid $5k and wrote an IOU for your kids to pay $5k. Now your kids are paying $10k for themselves plus $5k for you (or really $10k plus another $5k IOU, or however you want to frame this part).

Then you run around in retirement claiming you paid $5k so you did your part Yada Yada Yada.

Get it yet? You paid less taxes than you would have if your generation wasn't passing the bill off to the next one.

Yes of course I get what you are saying. But don't blame me for what a bunch of stupid, greedy and corrupt politicians have done over the years (on both sides). That is not me. All I did was work a long time to pay taxes for the stupid politicians to squander away, and then go on a deficit spending binge. And I don't "run around" in retirement claiming that I did something great for the next generation. If I had the power, we would not be passing debt down to our children and grand children. But I did do my part by paying taxes and voting, that's all I could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login