Which is worse Schlossnagle to Texas or Cremins back to GT

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Cremins to be is much worse
Schlossnagle is far worse, in my opinion. This is a guy who just built Texas A&M into a national title contender, lost the winner-take-all game for the national title, ranted on and on about how A&M was his home, then turns around the next day and leaves for his program's hated rival.

Cremins never coached for Carolina. He just changed his mind and returned to Georgia Tech, a program that's not one of our rivals.

I really don't think the two even compare. The comparison here is Dawn Staley leaving for Clemson after losing the national championship game next April. Could you imagine the outrage and anger?

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Schlossnagle is worse, and he laughs just as I imagined he would, LOL

Feb 26, 2024
Definitely Schlossnagle - especially for the way he scolded the reporter and vehemently denied he was leaving. This was obviously in the works at least during the MCWS finals and no matter what he says or denies, it had to affect the degree to which he was focused on A&M during those games. You cannot try to make excuses for him (He says he wanted to work for his old friend etc etc). He has no integrity at all. I’m no fan of A&M but almost feel sorry for that fan base!

GCJerryUSC

Joined Aug 19, 2001
Jan 17, 2022
Cremins hurt USC with that dumb move but he hurt himself even more. His "wife" wouldn't back her husband and move with him to USC. He was having trouble getting a good staff to come to USC. He took the easy road.
If he had manned up and stood behind his word, he might have eventually turned USC into a contender. USC fans loved him.

Mountain guy

Jun 14, 2023
Cremins hurt USC with that dumb move but he hurt himself even more. His "wife" wouldn't back her husband and move with him to USC. He was having trouble getting a good staff to come to USC. He took the easy road.
If he had manned up and stood behind his word, he might have eventually turned USC into a contender. USC fans loved him.
Wouldn't you think he would have worked these out or at least considered them before he initially committed?

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Is Cremins a Benedict?
Cremins made a mistake in that situation. He knows it. He admits it. But I guarantee you that he sometimes thinks about that. I know as I've gotten older, knowing that my exit ramp on this road trip called "life" gets nearer and nearer, I think about the multiple mistakes I have made and regret. I envy those who say they have no regrets in their lives. I like Cremins and appreciate the great memories he gave me as a player and, I wish him well.

mickray

May 20, 2023
It has been said that most regret what they did not do more so than what they did. (within reason, I suppose, of course).

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Cremins was starting to trend down anyway. Still would have been a high profile pickup for us, but he only went to one NCAAT after that point. Unlikely he would have much great success here.

Reactions: Tngamecock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
He wasn't, he never made a comittment to USC so no harm no foul.
Is it common to have the introductory presser before anything is signed? Never really thought it about it much. Guess I just always assumed contracts had been hashed out and signed before a school wanted to go through the dog and pony show of a presser. But Cremins hadn't signed anything before we had the presser.

I was miffed at the time, but being a grown man now and hearing Cremins side of it, I can understand.

kidrobinski

Jan 30, 2022
What Cremins did was much more personal to me than what Schlossnagle did.
You're not (I assume) an a&m fan, but yeah it was personal if you were there for his time as a player, and it hurt like the beejeesus when he backed out. Him or really any of those players on the McGuire-Roche teams 'coming home' so to speak was the most euphoria I've had sportswise since those teams. Spurrier's hiring announcement was close I suppose, Cremins departure certainly ended up hurting more, but I believe most rational mature adults understood his event more,

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I find it interesting that it has come out Schloss had probably made the deal before the regionals and they kept it out of the media!

Also, if we don't get Mainieri, I would think he's a top candidate for A$M!

Shannonl

Feb 1, 2022
So you would have "manned up" and left your "wife"? Nice.

Some of us USC fans still love him. I spent some time with him when he was coaching the '96 Olympic team. He's a great guy and a huge Gamecock fan.

CAROLINA COCKTAIL

Joined Feb 15, 2018
Jan 17, 2022
Cremins to me is much worse

Mr Cremins destroyed my belief in loyalty. It was a situation that only shocked, surprised and .... yeah, those two cover it.

As luck would have it, I sat next to Mr Cremmins in Acct 101, profs reqmnt. He was a Soph, an unknown. He was an OK guy! I would have said we knew each other. NO!!! I was not a part of the "guys" ... he was cool!!!

SCREW HIM and his adultuous ways!!! if you can't control your DICK, you have no business being a head coach!!!

CAROLINA COCKTAIL

Joined Feb 15, 2018
Jan 17, 2022
I never really felt like Cremins was a ahole for doing what he did. That's the difference to me

BUT, HE WAS!!!

It was simple because he could not control his sexual involvement in Columbia, S.C.... and his wife would not allow it!!! Why is that difficult to accept!!!

CAROLINA COCKTAIL

Joined Feb 15, 2018
Jan 17, 2022
Cremins made a mistake in that situation. He knows it. He admits it. But I guarantee you that he sometimes thinks about that. I know as I've gotten older, knowing that my exit ramp on this road trip called "life" gets nearer and nearer, I think about the multiple mistakes I have made and regret. I envy those who say they have no regrets in their lives. I like Cremins and appreciate the great memories he gave me as a player and, I wish him well.

May he burn in HELL for his sins!!!

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
I find it interesting that it has come out Schloss had probably made the deal before the regionals and they kept it out of the media!

Also, if we don't get Mainieri, I would think he's a top candidate for A$M!
Uhhhh….pretty sure we got him a week or two ago. You posted this yesterday. What am I missing?

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Uhhhh….pretty sure we got him a week or two ago. You posted this yesterday. What am I missing?
Not sure what you mean. seems pretty clear to me! Schloss was in talks with Texas weeks ago and if Mainieri had not been hired here I would think he would have been a candidate for Texas A&M.

Last edited: