Which one of you guys....

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
....is gonna rush out and buy John Cohen's house?

Interesting that he's not keeping his place in Starkville. I would have assumed he might retire there after Auburn scapegoats him for whatever impropriety that Hugh and their boosters get him into.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Comparing the two at the asking price, Prime's is the more impressive place. The Cohen Crib seems a little underwhelming to me.

Prime’s is definitely more impressive. But its also listed at 50% more for about the same square footage in a less desirable area.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Prime’s is definitely more impressive. But its also listed at 50% more for about the same square footage in a less desirable area.
Well, the desirable area thing is certainly in the eye of the beholder. Cohen's place is in a more desirable area for me, because Starkville is home. But there are worse places than Canton. And 42 acres is nice.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
No way I'm buying a house that cost over a mil with scored concrete floors. For that kind of change I want wood floors. Outdoors area is very nice. I especially like the pull down screens to keep out bugs. Still, as someone said, kinda underwhelming for the price.
Deion's place has that rustic look. Pretty nice if you like that style. 42 acres is attractive too. Someone will snatch that deal up. I'd give it serious thought if I win the lottery.

Last edited:
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
42 acres vs 3

Average cost per acre of farm land in MS is about $3100 per acre. That represents about a $121,000 difference in land value in the 39 acres. And that’s assuming the land in rural Canton is valued the same as in Cohen’s neighborhood (Browning Creek?), which isn’t likely. Either way, not nearly enough to account for the half million in price difference.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Prime's old house is not in a great area. For those who travel that stretch of 43, it's a couple miles behind Buckethead's on the Rez.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s within 15 minutes of a MUCH more desirable area. Only downside is Canton public schools. But if you’re buying that house you’re probably sending your kids to St Andrew’s anyway.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Interesting that he's not keeping his place in Starkville. I would have assumed he might retire there after Auburn scapegoats him for whatever impropriety that Hugh and their boosters get him into.
He will want a more expensive place when he returns with his Auburn money.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
C'Mon John! The first thing they tell you is take down the family photos.

Generic art to stage it? Sure. 20 pictures of you and Nelle? Only a real narcissist would do that.***

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Average cost per acre of farm land in MS is about $3100 per acre. That represents about a $121,000 difference in land value in the 39 acres. And that’s assuming the land in rural Canton is valued the same as in Cohen’s neighborhood (Browning Creek?), which isn’t likely. Either way, not nearly enough to account for the half million in price difference.
The quality of the finishes themselves may account for $50 a sq ft of the difference. Cohen's outdoor living area is nice, and it's got nice custom cabinetry, but a lot of it is spec house quality finishing (e.g., the scored concrete floors). Assuming there aren't quality issues that you can't see in the pictures, Sanders's house really looks to be very high end.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Every coach’s house I’ve ever seen in Starkville looks like it was built 2000-2010 and hasn’t had an update since.
Croom's old house is on the market...and it's about the fourth or fifth time it's hit the market.

Reactions: Faustdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The quality of the finishes themselves may account for $50 a sq ft of the difference. Cohen's outdoor living area is nice, and it's got nice custom cabinetry, but a lot of it is spec house quality finishing (e.g., the scored concrete floors). Assuming there aren't quality issues that you can't see in the pictures, Sanders's house really looks to be very high end.

Exactly my point. Deion’s house is nicer but also way more expensive. Just about any of us would rather have a $1.5 million home than a $1 million home, same for just having $1.5 million in cash vs. $1 million. Its not exactly earth shattering news that Deion’s house is nicer / better.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
It’s within 15 minutes of a MUCH more desirable area. Only downside is Canton public schools. But if you’re buying that house you’re probably sending your kids to St Andrew’s anyway.
It's really funny comparing a map of the Canton school district boundaries with a map where you can see where high density residential neighborhoods are. As soon as you cross into Canton district, it turns from family sized neighborhoods and house to big *** rich people houses on giant lots.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Better choices available for a mil….already sold a house in Starkville once. It wasn’t that big but sold in less than 10 days. Locations around the university are prime and would certainly be more preferable than any place in Canton, MS.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login