Which one of you want to tell Lunardi?

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Or it could just be that we haven’t been that talented before.

MSU basketball fans are the champs of overhyping our talent then melting when we play to our actual level.

Before this season started most outside observers had us near the bubble. It’s what we are. But we’re going to go on melting every week here when we do what bubble teams do.

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Hope they make it happen. Big game Wed. BPI gives MSU a 78% chance to win. Seems a little high to me.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
We were a five seed a few years ago, so at least he’s done it. But let’s not talk about how that game turned out

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We might have been overhyped but we’ve lost a lot of games to teams who don’t have the same talent as us.

That didn’t start with Howland either.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Here is the deal, are we, as it stands today, in a position to get to the tourney, maybe. We are right on the line.
We have a **** ton of opportunities to screw this up, and we will most likely.
This team has the talent to get there, but unless we change something in either intensity, press, execution, a different offense, etc we will lose quickly and be out of that tourney before we blink.

So, first goal has to be to revamp our attack on offense and defense.
Then, the goal is make the tourney, which if you do revamp the O and D, that will take care of itself.
Then the goal is to get some wins in the tourney and make the 2nd weekend at least.

I watch Gonzaga and others, we are not to that level. Could we be with this roster? Yes. But I will tell you, I would rather watch Gonzaga play than to drive 3 minutes to campus and watch us implode yet again.

Feb 23, 2008
The good news is there’s a lot of basketball left to play.

The bad news is there’s a lot of basketball to left play. Howland doesn’t exactly instill a ton of confidence based on prior performances down the stretch of the season. I get it that we’re more talented but so is everyone else in the conference since Howland got here.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
The bad news is there’s a lot of basketball to left play. Howland doesn’t exactly instill a ton of confidence based on prior performances down the stretch of the season. I get it that we’re more talented but so is everyone else in the conference since Howland got here.

Agreed. That was very succinct and exactly what I was trying to say.

patdog

May 28, 2007
What does he know? Do his algorithms take the Howland factor into account?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login