White out this weekend!!

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
When I saw the subject line, my first thought was "Oh crud. Who is White and why is he out for this Saturday?"

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

That’s the true Goat. A masterpiece.

You could scour the earth for the next 1000 years and never come across another person as perfect of a character for a part as James Gandolfini was as Tony.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm a big guy. I wear what I have. I look like the Michelin man in white. Maybe the stay puft marshmellow man from ghostbusters

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
That’s the true Goat. A masterpiece.

You could scour the earth for the next 1000 years and never come across another person as perfect of a character for a part as James Gandolfini was as Tony.
Have you watched "Many Saints of Newark." If not watch it. Tony is a little boy and teenager, but that actor gets Tony's demeaner.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Have you watched "Many Saints of Newark." If not watch it. Tony is a little boy and teenager, but that actor gets Tony's demeaner.
I’ve known it was out there, havnt seen it yet.

I plan to rewatch Sopranos again soon and will catch it after I dry my tears from the final episode

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
The white out is Penn State’s cowbell. They take pride in it. Can’t force stuff like that.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
When Penn State has a white out, they do it up good and you don’t see any other color shirt.

MS State. We will show up in all colors ‘white out’ or not. Do we lack school spirit? Do we just act hard-headed and say, “D*mn the marketing department? Why do we not go with the flow a DWS.

Personally, I will wear white. Your thoughts.
WHY WEAR A SHIRT?

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
I'm a grown *** man. I'll wear what I want. I put down the $$$ for tickets and bulldog club donations. White outs, maroon outs, striped sections....all of that stuff is stupid. Especially when we can't fill our stadium to begin with.
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’m always amazed at the amount of grown men that think being asked to wear a certain color shirt is a shot to their manliness. With that said, I don’t typically keep up with this type of stuff. The only way I know that there is a specific color shirt requested is if there is a thread here or Saturday morning before the game my wife tells me. But once I know, I’ll happily wear whatever color the athletic department ask me to wear. I think it’s silly but all they are trying to do is encourage fan engagement. Half this board complains non stop about the lack of marketing
It's not about "manliness." I don't care one way or another. When the stadium's only three quarters full, unless they're going to cover all the empty seats in white, it's wasted effort. It's just the nonsense of it all. It's not going to help the team one way or another. If you really want to help, buy tickets or give to the BI.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
I think it is a hard stretch to tell someone that is paying to come to a game that they do not have school spirit if they refuse to do anything given that most of those people are alumni. It is not like random people become state football fans in the way they do for Bama or LSU. Just my opinion, and for the record I will be attending the game and I have no idea what I am going to wear.
Why not put the 17ing white shirt on> Seriously why?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
When Penn State has a white out, they do it up good and you don’t see any other color shirt.
2 games per year Penn State does this: 1 white out and 1 stripe out.
We post "what to wear" for every single game. It's too much. I used to try and follow it but it really got old. Now I just wear whatever I feel like. If they want to do color coordination for 1 or 2 games, then I'd do my best to participate. But I'm just over the school mandating dress codes for every single game.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Why not put the 17ing white shirt on> Seriously why?
Again, obviously my point is being missed. I have no problems with the white shirt. It is the idea that if you do not take part in some arbitrary crap that you do not have school spirit. I was simply pointing out that my school spirit should not be questioned over something so pointless. That is my opinion. If you do not like it, then I am sorry.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
2 games per year Penn State does this: 1 white out and 1 stripe out.
We post "what to wear" for every single game. It's too much. I used to try and follow it but it really got old. Now I just wear whatever I feel like. If they want to do color coordination for 1 or 2 games, then I'd do my best to participate. But I'm just over the school mandating dress codes for every single game.
Now this I agree with - it really is too much to try and mandate all/most of the games. I bet if we did a white out or whatever once a year, most of the whiny bitching would go away and a lot of the whiny bitches would participate. (no offense)

Reactions: Drebin

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I’ve known it was out there, havnt seen it yet.

I plan to rewatch Sopranos again soon and will catch it after I dry my tears from the final episode
I streamed the whole series again this past summer. I do that every couple of years or so. Such a great show.

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Again, obviously my point is being missed. I have no problems with the white shirt. It is the idea that if you do not take part in some arbitrary crap that you do not have school spirit. I was simply pointing out that my school spirit should not be questioned over something so pointless. That is my opinion. If you do not like it, then I am sorry.
No need to be sorry. Sometimes joining in and participating is a good time though. Someone questioning your school spirit is irrelevant (seriously I agree ). What I'm saying is... Don't miss a good time over showing someone you don't give a **** what they think. Basically they are deciding what you wear then too aren't they? All Hail Satan!

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
No need to be sorry. Sometimes joining in and participating is a good time though. Someone questioning your school spirit is irrelevant (seriously I agree ). What I'm saying is... Don't miss a good time over showing someone you don't give a **** what they think. Basically they are deciding what you wear then too aren't they? All Hail Satan!
I am by no means trying to stop anyone from having a good time. To each his own on that. Someone questioning my school spirit is not irrelevant to me, especially after I am paying handsomely for the privilege of attending these games. I love your circular reasoning, but you are still missing my point. I could care less about a "good time." I will have my own great time with my wife and daughter in whatever color I choose to wear. Again, man, if that is how you have fun, then by all means have at it.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

MS State. We will show up in all colors ‘white out’ or not. Do we lack school spirit? Do we just act hard-headed and say, “D*mn the marketing department? Why do we not go with the flow a DWS.

Personally, I will wear white. Your thoughts.

After reading through this thread, it appears there are some people out there whose feelings get hurt when they see someone who is not wearing white.

Is that an accurate assessment of you control freaks?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
This is like a neutered version of people arguing about the COVID vaccine. And just as painful to read.

Reactions: MSUDOG24
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login