Who do y'all like in CWS semifinal?

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
They both have their "aces" starting today. Noland had better stats vs. the SEC than DeLucia. They faced off in Fayetteville. Ole Miss won 4-2. They both pitched Saturday (4 days rest), but DeLucia threw 114 pitches to Noland's 79. Technically, DeLucia is on short rest, and Noland is on normal rest. This will be DeLucia's first start on short rest. His only other appearance on "short rest" was mop up duty in a loss to Alabama: He got the last two outs and gave up an earned run.

Ole Miss has the advantage of playing 1 fewer game, so their bullpen is in pretty good shape. The only bullpen arm in question is Washburn, but they probably won't need him if DeLucia can give them 5+ ip. Arkansas's bullpen is also in pretty good shape. The only availability in question is Taylor, LHP. He threw 31 pitches last night. He has appeared on back-to-back days after throwing at least 31 pitches twice this season (Texas A&M and Oklahoma State). Both times he got at least 4 outs and didn't give up any earned runs.

I think it's going to come down to two things: Can DeLucia give them 5+ quality innings? And which offense shows up?

Ole Miss has the advantage of playing 1 fewer game, and Arkansas has the advantage of coming off a win rather than a deflating loss (bases loaded, 0 outs with a chance to clinch the final series).

Go Hogs. Then, Go Sooners.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Nothing is a safer bet than Ole Miss right now. Bianco should be coach of the year. Just an amazing job he's done. No place in this country deserves a championship for than the humble town of Oxford.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Arkansas has the advantage of coming off a win rather than a deflating loss (bases loaded, 0 outs with a chance to clinch the final series)

One thing about this, I feel like om has what everyone claimed we were missing this year - veteran leadership. Does that keep them from coming out flat? We'll find out soon.

Aug 22, 2012
Ideal scenarios:
1. Oklahoma beats Arkansas (perfect)
2. Oklahoma beats Ole Miss (not perfect but nice)
3. Arkansas beats Oklahoma (not great, but tolerable)

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I don't know how you don't go ahead and extend his contract for 4 years.

bruiser.sixpack

Aug 13, 2009
I don’t really care for with either choice. They both suck our exhaust fumes in the overall scheme of things.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
DeLucia threw 114. I think this could be a difference in the game. I am guessing that Arkansas will intentionally get his pitch count up and he won't last past five innings

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Well, we were in a similar position last year......

They both have their "aces" starting today. Noland had better stats vs. the SEC than DeLucia. They faced off in Fayetteville. Ole Miss won 4-2. They both pitched Saturday (4 days rest), but DeLucia threw 114 pitches to Noland's 79. Technically, DeLucia is on short rest, and Noland is on normal rest. This will be DeLucia's first start on short rest. His only other appearance on "short rest" was mop up duty in a loss to Alabama: He got the last two outs and gave up an earned run.

Ole Miss has the advantage of playing 1 fewer game, so their bullpen is in pretty good shape. The only bullpen arm in question is Washburn, but they probably won't need him if DeLucia can give them 5+ ip. Arkansas's bullpen is also in pretty good shape. The only availability in question is Taylor, LHP. He threw 31 pitches last night. He has appeared on back-to-back days after throwing at least 31 pitches twice this season (Texas A&M and Oklahoma State). Both times he got at least 4 outs and didn't give up any earned runs.

I think it's going to come down to two things: Can DeLucia give them 5+ quality innings? And which offense shows up?

Ole Miss has the advantage of playing 1 fewer game, and Arkansas has the advantage of coming off a win rather than a deflating loss (bases loaded, 0 outs with a chance to clinch the final series).

Go Hogs. Then, Go Sooners.

We lost game 1 in the bracket final to Texas then walked em off to go to the finals. The difference maker was Will Bednar who went on to win tourney MVP. I think it will come down to which one of these #1s is this year's Will Bednar. I think the other factor is the closers. This will likely be a nail biter down to the end and might come down to who has the best closer. Arky's closer choked mightily last night and they had to pull him after 2 batters which was not a good sign at all. Don't know if they would go back to him again tonight in a similar situation. I don't think I would.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
They are both on equal rest, unless you're giving Noland a few extra hours because they played early. But yeah Ole Miss has the advantage in the pen, and Arkansas on the pitch count 'freshness' of their ace's arm.

This one is a coin flip. I don't think momentum matters. The ball will just bounce a certain way.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login