Who would YOU put in the CFP with a TCU loss?

Who’s in?

• TCU

• Bama

Results are only viewable after voting.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
not your prediction of what the committee will do, but what you think they should do

ETA: For the purposes of the poll, disregard a blowout loss or a fluky 1-point loss. Just a K-State win.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
TCU has arguably one good win (vs KState), which would be nullified with a loss today.

Tennessee over Bama for me.
Same record. SC loss is bad, but they won the head to head.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Bama.....just to piss everyone off.
So we hate Bama, but want to see them in the playoff yet again? 17 that. I wouldn’t be able to stand it if Bama back doored their way into the playoff again. TCU looking good so far so hopefully they’ll win and this will all be moot.

ETA: Alabama and TCU both played at Texas. TCU beat them handily while Alabama was extremely lucky to win on a last second field goal.

Last edited:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
not your prediction of what the committee will do, but what you think they should do

ETA: For the purposes of the poll, disregard a blowout loss or a fluky 1-point loss. Just a K-State win.
Without a doubt. TCU

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
In 2017 Herbstreit said he thought Alabama should be in over Ohio State, then a few seconds later had to step off the set when Alabama was in over Ohio State.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
I think Bama would beat TCU. I'm pulling for TCU, but they just don't look as big physically than the other playoff teams and I think they will get knocked around vs UGA or Michigan.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
TCU has arguably one good win (vs KState), which would be nullified with a loss today.

Tennessee over Bama for me.
Same record. SC loss is bad, but they won the head to head.
Can’t really go by that. Bama has 2 close losses to good teams on the road. Tenn has 2 blowout losses on the road. Bama gets this nod.

The real comparison is between Bama, Ohio State and TCU (if they lose today).

It’s about overall resume when seeding these teams. If all is equal, sure go with head to head.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
TCU did bettern Bamer in Austin.
TCU would have one loss compared to Bamer's 2.
TCU made it to their conference championship, Bamer didn't.
TCU is having to beat a team again that they've already beaten.
I like TCU and hate Bamer. So There.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Bama is only team in or out of playoffs that could hang with Georgia.
And Missouri. Don't forget about Missouri. Alabama and Missouri are the only teams that could hang with Georgia.

Well I guess Kentucky held them to 16 points so add them to the list. And the 5-7 MAC powerhouse Kent State gave UGA fits between the hedges.

So yeah Alabama, Mizzou, Kentucky, and Kent State. But nobody else.***

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
TCU deserves to be in no matter how this game finishes. But Alabama should also be in over Ohio State. Ranking Ohio State over Alabama after Ohio State got pounded at home last week was huge.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
At this point I would put TCU in regardless of overtime result.

The only way Bama gets in now is with a Michigan loss to Purdue.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
All you nerds whining about MSU going to X bowl because of the payout, better vote for Bama.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
As well as TCU played today I'm sure they will still get in. The only thing they did wrong is not letting their qb have a run/pass option when on the goal line in OT.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

I'd leave TCU in, put OSU out and Bama in. Bama lost two games (both on the last play of the game to highly ranked teams and on the road) by a grand total of 4 points. They're one of the four best.

Reactions: Air Raid 2.0

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'd leave TCU in, put OSU out and Bama in. Bama lost two games (both on the last play of the game to highly ranked teams and on the road) by a grand total of 4 points. They're one of the four best.
I think I would too. Ohio States schedule is not great. And how can you pick them over USC? I’d go with Bama.

That said, they can’t. They can’t swap those teams when neither played this weekend.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
Losing to a team ranked in the top 10 in OT in the conference championship deserves punishment? What has Alabama done to be rewarded a playoff spot?
They went for it on 4th down in OT when the other team basically starts in field goal range, entire season on the line, and lost because of it. That should eliminate them. Bama would beat tcu like a drum. It wouldn’t even be fun to watch.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I am still of the mindset it does NOT have to be the 4 best teams. It should be the 4 most deserving teams. Bama does not deserve a spot. TCU stays where it is and OSU gets the final spot.

The reason that a TCU doesn't get to play against stronger competition is because the SEC schools won't schedule them. They are too dangerous. They shedule Utah State, UL-Monroe and Austin Peay.

The Phillies were the 3rd best team in their division and won the World Series and they deserved to win. The Rams and Bengals last year were both 4 seeds to get to the Superbowl.

Last edited:

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
I am still of the mindset it does NOT have to be the 4 best teams. It should be the 4 most deserving teams. Bama does not deserve a spot. TCU stays where it is and OSU gets the final spot.

The Phillies were the 3rd best team in their division and won the World Series and they deserved to win. The Rams and Bengals last year were both 4 seeds to get to the Superbowl.
Why have a playoff with not the best 4 teams? That was the BCS and it actually worked. If it’s not the best 4 teams then it’s not actually about the game anymore, it’s just the politics of the conferences and that’s what we’re going to get, and Georgia will still win.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Alabama wasn't good enough to make the championship of the SEC much less the NC championship.
well, tcu isn’t good enough to make the sec championship either.

i don’t know that bama should be in, but by your criteria, I know tcu shouldn’t.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Why have a playoff with not the best 4 teams? That was the BCS and it actually worked. If it’s not the best 4 teams then it’s not actually about the game anymore, it’s just the politics of the conferences and that’s what we’re going to get, and Georgia will still win.
The games and season should matter. By your logic why not just have Vegas pick the 4 teams? Picking Alabama over tcu shows it’s not about the game and it’s about recruiting rankings

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
They went for it on 4th down in OT when the other team basically starts in field goal range, entire season on the line, and lost because of it. That should eliminate them. Bama would beat tcu like a drum. It wouldn’t even be fun to watch.
A top 10 team in the conference championship…. Bama’s two toughest teams they played were Tennessee and, let’s call it what it is, a mediocre lsu team and lost both of them. Why do they not deserve punishment?

Reactions: Crazy Cotton
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login