Whose at 125?

nerfstate

Oct 11, 2021

Oct 11, 2021
New to this forum stuff,I suppose that means this has been humored previously. Good one anyway. Senior citizen,disabled vet.,Not tech savvy at all.Lucky for the neighbor kids or I Wouldn't be able to do this.
First and foremost, thanks for your service. Hopefully, the neighbor kids will keep you engaged throughout the season.

The cruiseliner joke is an old one. I won't go into it, because I wouldn't do it justice, but rumors are swirling that Nick Suriano is on his way back to State College for his final year. Personally, I take all of these things with a grain of salt, until they actually happen, but we'll see.

BaccaFarmer

Oct 12, 2021
New to this forum stuff,I suppose that means this has been humored previously. Good one anyway. Senior citizen,disabled vet.,Not tech savvy at all.Lucky for the neighbor kids or I Wouldn't be able to do this.
Also a Vet. Thanks for serving! I hope that you are still kickin it hard. This is my first time on this site as it appears that our age old site is migrating here. Don’t worry about a thing. After a day or two it will be easier than cleaning your rifle. I’ve lurked on the old board for years and occasionally post. It’s a good natured group and they can’t be beat for wrestling knowledge and witticisms. After a few months you will gain knowledge of the inside jokes. All in all, if you want to know what’s going on with PSU wrestling and/or need advise on how to understand the motives of opposing teams ….. this here be the place!

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
First and foremost, thanks for your service. Hopefully, the neighbor kids will keep you engaged throughout the season.

The cruiseliner joke is an old one. I won't go into it, because I wouldn't do it justice, but rumors are swirling that Nick Suriano is on his way back to State College for his final year. Personally, I take all of these things with a grain of salt, until they actually happen, but we'll see.
I'll do the joke justice.

Way back when, liquored-up idiot Rutgers fan RUCreedo posted on their Rivals board that an unspecified PSU wrestler would transfer to Rutgers -- big enough name to "make Cael poop a sh**liner." People thought it was Cenzo, who publicly refuted it. Creedo then changed his story several times, basically it became anyone with a vaguely Italian sounding name or ever paid a New Jersey toll.

All of this was in the offseason before Suriano enrolled at PSU. Obviously Creedo's transfer "rumor" never happened. But why let a joke go to waste? Rutgers incoming transfers (rumored or fact) became known as the cruiseliner.

Suriano transferred 1 yr later. Unsurprisingly Creedo took credit for it. Suriano got pegged as "Cruiseliner Nick." And the cruiseliner joke took on new life.

Oct 11, 2021
I'll do the joke justice.

Way back when, liquored-up idiot Rutgers fan RUCreedo posted on their Rivals board that an unspecified PSU wrestler would transfer to Rutgers -- big enough name to "make Cael poop a sh**liner." People thought it was Cenzo, who publicly refuted it. Creedo then changed his story several times, basically it became anyone with a vaguely Italian sounding name or ever paid a New Jersey toll.

All of this was in the offseason before Suriano enrolled at PSU. Obviously Creedo's transfer "rumor" never happened. But why let a joke go to waste? Rutgers incoming transfers (rumored or fact) became known as the cruiseliner.

Suriano transferred 1 yr later. Unsurprisingly Creedo took credit for it. Suriano got pegged as "Cruiseliner Nick." And the cruiseliner joke took on new life.
You do it so much better.

My question is whether "liquored up" is a short-term or long-term situation for Credo, or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with liquor, at all.

psupower

Oct 11, 2021

Been hearing he is already back training with the NLWC. Be huge for the good guys. Possibly enrolling for January semester.

nerfstate

Oct 11, 2021
Sorry to hit you with an inside joke there—welcome to this new place.

Reactions: James William

James William

Oct 12, 2021
Also a Vet. Thanks for serving! I hope that you are still kickin it hard. This is my first time on this site as it appears that our age old site is migrating here. Don’t worry about a thing. After a day or two it will be easier than cleaning your rifle. I’ve lurked on the old board for years and occasionally post. It’s a good natured group and they can’t be beat for wrestling knowledge and witticisms. After a few months you will gain knowledge of the inside jokes. All in all, if you want to know what’s going on with PSU wrestling and/or need advise on how to understand the motives of opposing teams ….. this here be the place!
Thank you also brother!

Reactions: Cdog

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Could Joe Lee make it?
For example, James, if the board didn’t know you were a senior citizen or vet (thank you for your service), they would think you’re making a Nick Lee 141/149 joke or perhaps a joke about Joe Lee’s performance at 165 last year (which was widely panned on the old board, but the kid will be just fine), or they’d be “busting your balls” (as the kids say). There’s a chance Joe could make 125, but he’d probably have to cut his hair real short, along with an arm and maybe a leg.

There will be 100 more threads about 125 within the next 2 weeks and then another 10,000 after that. (There have already been 1,2345321,234.2321.) Seems to be that Robbie Howard will be nursing his shoulder this year and taking a redshirt and true freshman Gary Steen may be our best hope for points from 125 until…until…could Cruiseliner Nick really return in January? Cael is surprisingly tight-lipped about it. Baylor Shunk is a tough kid but unlikely to score points, and Marco Vespa has been on and off the roster the last 5 years and remains a true freshman (grayshirt, oly redshirt, redshirt, blueshirt, covid free year, t-shirt). I hear Marco is beating Nicky in the room.

dicemen99

Oct 6, 2021
Looks like Campbell, Meredith, and Shunk are all throwing their hats in the ring for 125 this year. At a minimum for 1st semester, I'd guess.

If the cruiseliner lands, we'll have a different 125 for the postseason. If not, Steen may or may not progress to the point where he is a candidate as well.

Ruby Tues

Oct 29, 2021
The more guys that throw their name in the hat the better. It’ll only make our wrestlers better. Iron sharpens iron!
Would I like to get Suriano back, sure, but I’m focused on who we currently have in the stables.

jack66

Oct 31, 2021
I don't know if the rumor is true, but Nick needs to come back and make things straight.

Since he left we are 4-29 in Big Ten duals at 125. Two of those wins came from Howard last year

McScoreley

Oct 31, 2021
and everyone knows the real question is who will be available to wrestle 285 if Kerk gets hurt.
I don't think we have a backup 285 on the roster right now. We'd likely throw Hoopes to the wolves like we did last time if we can't get Seth back as an emergency 285 (highly doubtful since the kid is all in on football now and even weighs 300+)

86PSUPaul

Oct 11, 2021
Mineo posted on FB that there is an issue with sponsorship money paid to Nick while wrestling Internationally or for run up to Trials. He may have to repay that money prior to signing with PSU and setting up NIL deals while at PSU. Again, this is from Mine, not me.

Oct 30, 2021
Interesting. If WWE and its $$$ don't impact a folkstyle wrestler, why should international freestyle $$$ be treated differently?

I could see an issue if the sponsor is a competitor of the university's sponsor, the prior agreement remains in effect, and it doesn't allow repayment or voiding the relationship.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Interesting. If WWE and its $$$ don't impact a folkstyle wrestler, why should international freestyle $$$ be treated differently?

I could see an issue if the sponsor is a competitor of the university's sponsor, the prior agreement remains in effect, and it doesn't allow repayment or voiding the relationship.
I'd presume that Suriano's money came before NIL was legal.

Reactions: Hlstone

Rhino80

Oct 30, 2021
I had heard rumblings before that he was receiving a Sunkist stipend. That would pretty much end his college career

Walkon86

Oct 30, 2021
and then get his sister to wrestle for the nlwc and perhaps some coaching!
Took fourth as a fifth year senior last year. Assume he graduated but because of COVID “free year” he would still have a year of eligibility. Honestly, I like this way better than Nicky Push-ups. Maybe not the same caliber wrestler at Nicky a push ups…but far less baggage.

Reactions: Goosfraba

Latest posts