Why do we do things that don't make any sense?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
So Leach just said our spring practice will go March 24th- April 26th. So will the spring game still be on SBW which is April 14-16th? I'm not someone who gets excited about the spring game but this doesn't make sense unless they plan to do away with the game.

Sidenote: I also still don't understand why we chose SBW to be on Easter Weekend when we have a Thursday-Friday-Saturday series instead of the weekend before against LSU

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I don't think you have to necessarily have the spring game at the end of spring. Actually it's probably good for them to have a week to review and work on stuff rather than just say see you in August - especially considering how college football is changing with more transfers you expect to plug & play immediately.

patdog

May 28, 2007
April 16 is the last Saturday of spring practice. Only other option would have been to move spring practice 2 weeks later and play the spring game on May 7, during final exams. This ain't Cohen's fault.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
April 16 is the last Saturday of spring practice. Only other option would have been to move spring practice 2 weeks later and play the spring game on May 7, during final exams. This ain't Cohen's fault.
Why not do the weekend before when we play LSU at home? That’s when Auburn is having their Spring Game. Each School is given 15 Spring Practices. You could start practice in early March and still play the game April 9th.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login