Why is Whitmore on the sideline?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Ummm.....he wasn't getting any serious playing time and decided to redshirt instead of wasting his year of eligibility to get 3 plays a game with one target
Then he probably doesn’t need to be on the sidelines.

He’s also told people he’s returning next year.

just a weird situation.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
And transfer fees when the player is under contract.
THIS! There are clubs in Europe that this is how the make ends meet, and punch well above their weight. It's also how some near rich clubs make some noise. Liverpool under FSG is a prime example.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Oh weird, you mean this Lebby coached locker room doesn’t like the Leach players

Shocking

I know which type I’d rather have
I'd rather have one that can play in a non-extinct offense. I have no idea which side this guy is supposed to be on.

You need to finally come to terms with the fact that Leach is gone, and his offense died with him. I can remember when the wishbone was winning national championships, something the real air raid never did. It's not around anymore, because people figured out how stop it. If it wasn't stoppable, it would still be run all over.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Whitmore spelled backwards is More Whitey and because he's so fast and DEI he's hated***

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'm going out on a limb here, but considering that the portal doesn't officially open til Dec 9th, and talking to the kid prior to that would be considered tampering, I don't think it's a huge stretch to think that he knows exactly where he's headed but he's been told to play dumb til then.

Last edited:
Reactions: bulldoghair

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
My guess is this was a mutual parting of ways and the coaching staff is being cordial to the kid. He’s one of those that I’m not sure is as talented as some on this board want to believe. The receivers that Lebby brought in are better and I don’t imagine that is going to change next year. Seems to me Lebby is just treating the kid fairly. I have no inside sources, I’m just basing this on the context clues here. There seems to be no animosity from either side, so leads me to believe this was not entirely the players decision to not be part of the future here.

Reactions: patdog

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Wait, I thought he said he was taking a redshirt and transferring?

EDIT: nm, I misread.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Whitmore has talent, but does not have the support of the locker room like the other receivers do.
Hahaha, I didn't know our locker room could talk or bless certain players. I'll have to stop by and see what it thinks of me!

Seriously, if players are deciding who plays and who doesn't then we have a bizarre situation. That's like putting your kids in charge of your house. What are the coaches doing?

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
I'd rather have one that can play in a non-extinct offense. I have no idea which side this guy is supposed to be on.

You need to finally come to terms with the fact that Leach is gone, and his offense died with him. I can remember when the wishbone was winning national championships, something the real air raid never did. It's not around anymore, because people figured out how stop it. If it wasn't stoppable, it would still be run all over.
Hey, dumb ***, you realize Creed had offers to play for teams that don’t run the air raid, right? The dude is a talented receiver that could help a team which is obviously hurting for receivers somehow. It would be nice to have him on the field instead of this strange mess that he’s involved in right now.

KeyserSoze1999

Aug 26, 2015
Emotional molotov cocktail situation. He is from Gainesville Florida, he had the MSU vs. Florida circled on his calendar this year and we lost, the week after the loss Creed enters into this mysterious / nebulous / hard to define sorta Redshirt / Sitting Out / Transfer Portal thing.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Ummm.....he wasn't getting any serious playing time and decided to redshirt instead of wasting his year of eligibility to get 3 plays a game with one target
He would be getting starter reps now because we have people hurt. He’s redshirting and not quitting so he can collect his NIL check and then transfer next year. It’s bullsh*t that he gets to stay on the sideline when he literally quit in the middle of the year and fans are having to pay his as*.

Reactions: HomeBoyDawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
My guess is this was a mutual parting of ways and the coaching staff is being cordial to the kid. He’s one of those that I’m not sure is as talented as some on this board want to believe. The receivers that Lebby brought in are better and I don’t imagine that is going to change next year. Seems to me Lebby is just treating the kid fairly. I have no inside sources, I’m just basing this on the context clues here. There seems to be no animosity from either side, so leads me to believe this was not entirely the players decision to not be part of the future here.
He’s got unique skills in running after the catch, almost like a running back. I’m not sure everybody ahead of him is more talented. He could become a big time player in the right offense, situation.

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
He’s got unique skills in running after the catch, almost like a running back. I’m not sure everybody ahead of him is more talented. He could become a big time player in the right offense, situation.

May I introduce you to our #3 Kevin Coleman? Probably 1 or 4 more.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
He played in four games with 4 receptions yet he has the second highest ypc on the team. Craver is number one. Not one of the 3 portal WR of which one isn't playing at all and one has missed half the games. Imo opinion we coulda rode with the guys we already had and signed some real DL. Coleman has been very productive but I would say Creed could do just as well if he was actually utilized. Mosley/Stonka could have filled Akharyi shoes and Trent Hudson has not even played. Good use of limited funds.

Reactions: 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
He played in four games with 4 receptions yet he has the second highest ypc on the team. Craver is number one. Not one of the 3 portal WR of which one isn't playing at all and one has missed half the games. Imo opinion we coulda rode with the guys we already had and signed some real DL. Coleman has been very productive but I would say Creed could do just as well if he was actually utilized. Mosley/Stonka could have filled Akharyi shoes and Trent Hudson has not even played. Good use of limited funds.
Yep, didn’t need a dozen wide receivers and ignore O line and D line.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login