Will haters right now....

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You people are ridiculous. I guess its Wills fault that we couldn't stop Arizona from marching all the way down the field. If we had thrown 10 more passes we woulda won by more. It doesn't matter what he does. You guys don't know sh*t about football if you are blaming Will.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I amend my previous statement. It was made from an emotional, very very drunk postgame state of rage at our offensive ineptitude. Will isn't the problem. He's not the solution, but he isn't to blame for tonight's shitshow. 5-0 turnover margin, and we won by inches. I walked out of the stadium wishing I hadn't gone to the game. I haven't felt that way in a long damn time. The offensive play calling was unimaginative. Last week we saw jet sweeps, passes being spread around and what felt like a balanced attack. Tonight was the blandest crap I've seen since the Croom Coast Offense.

Someone post the Arnett interview.

The TO margin was 5-1.

I think you forgot about that terrible play we ran, with Will as the QB, on 4th and goal from the 4-yard line at the end of our first possession.

Remember . . . the play where Will threw the ball to our WR way too early because Will has zero running skills, and our dumb WR fumbled the ball into the endzone?

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
If you have a qb in a read option play that is absolutely no threat to keep the ball and run, yes, you are limiting your offense. This should be self evident. We saw it tonight.

Agree.

Calling a read option with Will as the QB will never consistently work, because Will is never a threat to keep the ball and run it.

Surely, we can all agree on this, right?

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
You've proven ****. There were numerous times tonight, that if Will were capable of going through his progessions, could have made throws to receivers that weren't covered up. If his primary receiver isn't open and the running back isn't open, then he gets sacked.
Will could have done better, but he was not THE problem tonight. He was running away from pressure on several of the pass plays and handing the ball off the rest of the time. Will reading progressions is not a problem. All Will has done for the past 3 years is go through progressions. That is the Air Raid.
Blocking and play calling were the offensive issues last night.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
He is the problem. Took sacks without throwing out of bounds. Zero threat to run. I agree with running it too much, but when it's time to throw, you either execute or throw it out of bounds. The check downs aren't going to work against good defenses. We have to have a deep threat.
So a 3 yard gain on a check down is worse than throwing it out of bounds?

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
The TO margin was 5-1.

I think you forgot about that terrible play we ran, with Will as the QB, on 4th and goal from the 4-yard line at the end of our first possession.

Remember . . . the play where Will threw the ball to our WR way too early because Will has zero running skills, and our dumb WR fumbled the ball into the endzone?

I did forget that. Wish I could again.

Reactions: dog12

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You've proven ****. There were numerous times tonight, that if Will were capable of going through his progessions, could have made throws to receivers that weren't covered up. If his primary receiver isn't open and the running back isn't open, then he gets sacked.
Name 3 of those times.
Be specific. Time and quarter.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The OC managed to completely scheme creed and zavion outta the game tonight. Good things happened when we threw the ball down the field, especially outta play action which we Didn’t use enough. Will didn’t win the game in overtime, Pittman man a hell of a play after the catch
Actually it was a good play call.
Pittman made a great play.
Will executed it. And executing a screen correctly isn’t exactly simple.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
How many of those 162 yards were yac?

Will did what he needed to do tonight for us to squeak out that win. And granted, he was running for his life the few times he passed. Whether we blame it on Will, OL, or OC - it’s going to be a major problem if we can’t complete a pass more than 5-10 yards downfield
This is a fair post but saying will rogers is $h1t is dumb.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I've learned over my many years of watching football that low football IQ fans always blame the QB for losses and miscues. There are 11 players on offense and football games are usually won and lost in the trenches. Will was sacked twice and some have screamed "he should have thrown the ball away". He was between the tackles both times with a defender hanging on. The best we could have hoped for with that idea is intentional grounding and worst intercepted. Yes, Will missed two wide open receivers early but that happens to every QB. They aren't machines. DeLaura threw 4 interceptions but they chanced the risks/rewards associated with the passing game while we abandoned them. This is the coaches perrogative and we have witnessed it during the "Alabama football years" of Jackie and Sylvester. If you were to talk with Barbay this morning his response would be, "What are you complaining about? We won didn't we?" Isn't that what it's all about after it is all said and done. If you believe this close win was Will's fault I suggest you go back and watch the game again with an open mind. BTW I haven't heard a single complaint about Wright's sack.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The only thing worse than reading the stupid commentary of people who get off on bashing one of the best QBs we've ever had is knowing those diphits think we have Patrick Mahomes on the bench.
I don't think anyone thinks we have Mahomes on the bench. I think people want a more dynamic dual threat qb. Granted Barbay was too conservative tonight and deserves most of the blame. Part of it was that we were gashing them early with runs and got the lead from turnovers. A few off throws stopped a drive after a bad penalty. That kept it from being 21-0. After the bad throws and sack Barbay kept running it. Too much up the gut. He wasn't balanced at all in his attack which is where we need to be. About 60-40. I kept looking at offensive numbers on the tron all night. Arizona and delaura was killing us. Had it not been for the turnovers they would have murdered us. Barbay needs to stick with qb and plan around that qb. The gimmick running a a qb on and off on hurts things. But with will in that limits ours options to just the back. If will is in we need to be throwing 60 percent of the time. It's predictable that marks is getting the ball. Very few ends rounds. A botched bad reverse. I would prefer we ran modified air raid this year. And then transitioned to a dual threat qb running a Riley style offense. Instead we a running a pro style offense.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It sounds like you folks wish we had Dak Prescott on the bench. He has left, and we have not signed another quarterback like him that is ready to play. There are the people hollering the want a quarterback that can run more. We ran the ball almost 40 times last night and still didn't do diddly. We passed for more yards than we ran for, so explain that logic to me. The biggest problem with our offense is the offensive line, and a few people (including me) pointed this out preseason. It doesn't matter who is playing quarterback if they can't be protected. We used to almost completely passblock. Now, they have to relearn how to block for the run and pass, and everybody thinks it will be easy to change that in one season. They may improve as the season progresses, but if you want our offense to improve, we can improve our offensive line. We could have Brady or Hurts as a quarterback if we don't have a line to support him he ain't going to do ****

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don't think anyone thinks we have Mahomes on the bench. I think people want a more dynamic dual threat qb. Granted Barbay was too conservative tonight and deserves most of the blame. Part of it was that we were gashing them early with runs and got the lead from turnovers. A few off throws stopped a drive after a bad penalty. That kept it from being 21-0. After the bad throws and sack Barbay kept running it. Too much up the gut. He wasn't balanced at all in his attack which is where we need to be. About 60-40. I kept looking at offensive numbers on the tron all night. Arizona and delaura was killing us. Had it not been for the turnovers they would have murdered us. Barbay needs to stick with qb and plan around that qb. The gimmick running a a qb on and off on hurts things. But with will in that limits ours options to just the back. If will is in we need to be throwing 60 percent of the time. It's predictable that marks is getting the ball. Very few ends rounds. A botched bad reverse. I would prefer we ran modified air raid this year. And then transitioned to a dual threat qb running a Riley style offense. Instead we a running a pro style offense.
Arizona had a dynamic dual threat who cost them the game.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
It sounds like you folks wish we had Dak Prescott on the bench. He has left, and we have not signed another quarterback like him that is ready to play. There are the people hollering the want a quarterback that can run more. We ran the ball almost 40 times last night and still didn't do diddly. We passed for more yards than we ran for, so explain that logic to me. The biggest problem with our offense is the offensive line, and a few people (including me) pointed this out preseason. It doesn't matter who is playing quarterback if they can't be protected. We used to almost completely passblock. Now, they have to relearn how to block for the run and pass, and everybody thinks it will be easy to change that in one season. They may improve as the season progresses, but if you want our offense to improve, we can improve our offensive line. We could have Brady or Hurts as a quarterback if we don't have a line to support him he ain't going to do ****
Mums the word on Wright's sack. No mention of overcoming a holding penalty in OT either. All negatives on Will for some reason. Folks on here share their opinion then by gum it becomes their law. They won't be happy until Will is on the bench. Our fans have a low football IQ or maybe they are too drunk to see what is going on during the game. Will is the reason we won last night. Without those two pass plays we would have lost by 3.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Mums the word on Wright's sack. No mention of overcoming a holding penalty in OT either. All negatives on Will for some reason. Folks on here share their opinion then by gum it becomes their law. They won't be happy until Will is on the bench. Our fans have a low football IQ or maybe they are too drunk to see what is going on during the game. Will is the reason we won last night. Without those two pass plays we would have lost by 3.
And when we play Wright and he has sub par games they lose their collective minds again.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Arizona had a dynamic dual threat who cost them the game.
I would say he was the only reason they were in the game. High risk high reward player. I hate you guys that like the Payton manning style qbs can't see where the game has gone snd where you need to go if you want to put up points quickly. Dual threat qbs that can extend plays scramble and make throws are the top offensive producers. Go look at the top scoring offenses by stats. Leach style air raid qbs are not there. Pro style offenses are t there either. Pass only qbs are the past. So are run only qbs. If you want a dynamic offense you need to be running a modified air raid with s mobile qb that can scramble and throw on the run.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I would say he was the only reason they were in the game. High risk high reward player. I hate you guys that like the Payton manning style qbs can't see where the game has gone snd where you need to go if you want to put up points quickly. Dual threat qbs that can extend plays scramble and make throws are the top offensive producers. Go look at the top scoring offenses by stats. Leach style air raid qbs are not there. Pro style offenses are t there either. Pass only qbs are the past. So are run only qbs. If you want a dynamic offense you need to be running a modified air raid with s mobile qb that can scramble and throw on the run.
The air raid is a good offense when you have inferior talent. Mike Leach routinely beat teams with superior talent because of the quick strike ability. The problem that we have is we are in the first year of a transition with an air raid QB. Our coaching staff promised we would see some air raid tendencies with this offense. I hope they keep their promise going forward.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The air raid is a good offense when you have inferior talent. Mike Leach routinely beat teams with superior talent because of the quick strike ability. The problem that we have is we are in the first year of a transition with an air raid QB. Our coaching staff promised we would see some air raid tendencies with this offense. I hope they keep their promise going forward.
Okay outside of Texas in 08 what defensively good not even great team did air raid beat? That same team got beat by houston dale nutt and ole miss. They also lost to OU that year. OU go that arse handed to them by Florida that year.

wazzu well it was the pac 12. Defense the years that leach was there was a myth. And Washington killed them every year.

that version of air raid is as antiquated as the crap we ran last night up the middle and hope qb can get a 3rd and long pass

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I can see a lot more about the game than you can. I assure you.

I want a mobile qb who is accurate and doesn’t make mistakes. But if you’d trade wills performance for their qbs performance I can’t help the kind of stupid you are.

If you can throw a 3 yard pass that goes for 30 or throw a 20 yard pass that goes for 30, you always pick the 3. Risk reward.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I can see a lot more about the game than you can. I assure you.

I want a mobile qb who is accurate and doesn’t make mistakes. But if you’d trade wills performance for their qbs performance I can’t help the kind of stupid you are.

If you can throw a 3 yard pass that goes for 30 or throw a 20 yard pass that goes for 30, you always pick the 3. Risk reward.
I can't help people that would like to have an unathletic qb that unless it was leach that started him wouldn't have ever seen the field in the sec. Anyone but leach would have buried him on the depth chart as a backup. We screwed up on the OC and qb transfer portal. Of course it doesn't matter if Barbay will only call hand offs up the middle

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I can't help people that would like to have an unathletic qb that unless it was leach that started him wouldn't have ever seen the field in the sec. Anyone but leach would have buried him on the depth chart as a backup. We screwed up on the OC and qb transfer portal. Of course it doesn't matter if Barbay will only call hand offs up the middle
You can’t read either it appears.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Okay outside of Texas in 08 what defensively good not even great team did air raid beat? That same team got beat by houston dale nutt and ole miss. They also lost to OU that year. OU go that arse handed to them by Florida that year.

wazzu well it was the pac 12. Defense the years that leach was there was a myth. And Washington killed them every year.

that version of air raid is as antiquated as the crap we ran last night up the middle and hope qb can get a 3rd and long pass
Yes, a coach that took his teams to bowl games 19 of 21 years and won 9 games 7 times was a has been with an antiquated offense which revived our program. Do you read the stuff you post?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yes, a coach that took his teams to bowl games 19 of 21 years and won 9 games 7 times was a has been with an antiquated offense which revived our program. Do you read the stuff you post?
Do you read the stuff you post? One dimensional offenses are things of the past and will never win big. You have to be balanced.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
He is the problem. Took sacks without throwing out of bounds. Zero threat to run. I agree with running it too much, but when it's time to throw, you either execute or throw it out of bounds. The check downs aren't going to work against good defenses. We have to have a deep threat.

There were numerous throws available over the middle on 2nd and 3rd down that he was afraid to try...
Not sure what game you were watching but holy hell if there is such a thing.

This isn't last year's season where Rogers could change a play. Every play called was on Barbay! Period.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
That’s a ******** broad brush.

If you have a qb in a read option play that is absolutely no threat to keep the ball and run, yes, you are limiting your offense. This should be self evident. We saw it tonight.

If you want him to stand tall and throw and only throw, he’s your man

The problem is asking him to do both. That’s a coaching problem.
Doesn't matter. It's the OC Barbay. It's his job to put them in the right position and he stood before the MSU fans and stated he would adpat to the talent on this team.

It's on HIM. Period!

He took a 76% passer and gave the ball to him 17 times. Nobody in the right mind does that. I have never seen that at any level.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It blows me away that we have people posting on here that can see 2 recievers wide open 30 yards downfield on every other play but Matt Wyatt doesn't see it, Will doesn't see it, the coaches must nor see it. It's easier to see when you don't have a DL in your face tho I guess. No doubt yall played QB back in the day. In junior high ?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login