Will haters right now....

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
How many of those 162 yards were yac?

Will did what he needed to do tonight for us to squeak out that win. And granted, he was running for his life the few times he passed. Whether we blame it on Will, OL, or OC - it’s going to be a major problem if we can’t complete a pass more than 5-10 yards downfield
So at MSU ONLY... (restate this) ONLY AT MSU does yards after the catch not count?

The whole Rogers can't throw down field is just not true.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I can see a lot more about the game than you can. I assure you.

I want a mobile qb who is accurate and doesn’t make mistakes. But if you’d trade wills performance for their qbs performance I can’t help the kind of stupid you are.

If you can throw a 3 yard pass that goes for 30 or throw a 20 yard pass that goes for 30, you always pick the 3. Risk reward.
That's the thing most of our pass plays for 3 over the last three year didn't go for 30. Our avg was low. Our passes avg 6.4. The better total offenses were avg 8 or better. This year we are 8.5. Only two games but our total offense is also higher.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I don't think anyone thinks we have Mahomes on the bench. I think people want a more dynamic dual threat qb. Granted Barbay was too conservative tonight and deserves most of the blame. Part of it was that we were gashing them early with runs and got the lead from turnovers. A few off throws stopped a drive after a bad penalty. That kept it from being 21-0. After the bad throws and sack Barbay kept running it. Too much up the gut. He wasn't balanced at all in his attack which is where we need to be. About 60-40. I kept looking at offensive numbers on the tron all night. Arizona and delaura was killing us. Had it not been for the turnovers they would have murdered us. Barbay needs to stick with qb and plan around that qb. The gimmick running a a qb on and off on hurts things. But with will in that limits ours options to just the back. If will is in we need to be throwing 60 percent of the time. It's predictable that marks is getting the ball. Very few ends rounds. A botched bad reverse. I would prefer we ran modified air raid this year. And then transitioned to a dual threat qb running a Riley style offense. Instead we a running a pro style offense.

Dual threat at MSU has never worked except for one seaon in 2014. You don't get the QBs that can hit the passes and Bama found that out last night.

Very few Dual Threats can actually get it done.

Arizona had a dynamic dual threat who cost them the game.

And Bama did too.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That's the thing most of our pass plays for 3 over the last three year didn't go for 30. Our avg was low. Our passes avg 6.4. The better total offenses were avg 8 or better. This year we are 8.5. Only two games but our total offense is also higher.
So we are upset about being better?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The OC last night made us one dimensional.
Not disagreeing with you. I've said in multiple places that Barbay got way too conservative. It was working early they adjusted. We had a few miscues early in the passing game that killed drives so he probably was told not to go away from what was working. He wasn't agressive enough. They got the lead and sat on it. They tried to Mullen it

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
The air raid is a good offense when you have inferior talent. Mike Leach routinely beat teams with superior talent because of the quick strike ability. The problem that we have is we are in the first year of a transition with an air raid QB. Our coaching staff promised we would see some air raid tendencies with this offense. I hope they keep their promise going forward.
Well, they either lied or are waiting until the LSU game to show it... I hope for the latter but don't expect it..

Reactions: blitz2Win

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Yet the OC only allowed 7 friggin teen passes ona 9.5 average per play. Makes PERFECT sense

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Agree with you. Should have been a lot more balanced.
If you throw 10 more passes down the field and only complete 4 with no turnovers, it probably changes a lot.

would open the run up more and shorter passing.

I’m guessing some of that has to do with the oline and holding blocks for that amount of time.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
13/17, 162 yds, 3 TDs, no interceptions, sacked twice. This game was on Barbay, not Will.
It’s so weird to hear that he isn’t a playmaker while he’s dropping dimes. What do they think a perfect read and pass is? I guess you gotta slam your head into safeties to be labeled as a playmaker for some people. It was interesting to see Barbay kinda hat-in-hand in front of the press the other day while they grilled him about the passing or lack there of.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You people are ridiculous. I guess its Wills fault that we couldn't stop Arizona from marching all the way down the field. If we had thrown 10 more passes we woulda won by more. It doesn't matter what he does. You guys don't know sh*t about football if you are blaming Will.

Will gets the blame because of the things he CAN NOT do, not for what he can do and does well.

You or anyone that supports him or doesn't support him can't change that. In 3 years he hasn't been able to consistently see open receivers and throw the ball downfield more than 10 yards. In 3 years he hasn't been able to avoid the rush once it closes in on him. In 3 years he hasn't been able to extend a play w/ his running ability. He's one of the best at what he CAN do, quick look ins/outs or swing passes to a running back, but that's it..........like it or not.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Will gets the blame because of the things he CAN NOT do, not for what he can do and does well.

You or anyone that supports him or doesn't support him can't change that. In 3 years he hasn't been able to consistently see open receivers and throw the ball downfield more than 10 yards. In 3 years he hasn't been able to avoid the rush once it closes in on him. In 3 years he hasn't been able to extend a play w/ his running ability. He's one of the best at what he CAN do, quick look ins/outs or swing passes to a running back, but that's it..........like it or not.
Not to stop you while you’re on a roll, but Will did step up through the pressure, squeeze between two rushers, slide out to his left and hit the open receiver late in our most recent game. The commentators even pointed out will just wanted to show the AZ qb he could do that two. But carry on.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Exhausting Mariah Carey GIF by Apple TV+

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He definitely is not a running QB. No Johnny football. He has and can make the 30/40 yard throws. Maybe he needs to attempt more of them. All I'm saying is it's not his fault if he is handing it off for 2 yards a carry and they just keep calling the same crap. I'm good with the running game like it was first half but they made adjustments and shut it down. Throw a few more pass plays in there yo loosen that D up. Use what Will is good at. It's dumb to just keep pounding the rock when the box is loaded. I promise you Will ain't calling those run plays.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login