Will Lebby make the changes needed?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Just checked Toledo has 95 rush yards on Western KY. I don’t think WKU has better talent maybe equal. Point being Peter Hutzler needs to go. I don’t think Lebby will pull the trigger. If he does I’ll be more inclined to believe better days are ahead
Western Kentucky held Toledo scoreless for the whole first quarter. Take what do you want to from that.

And the latest of things we probably care about. Here in Austin tonight.: Texas won tonight 51 to 3. It was 98° today. It's supposed to be 90° next Saturday. There's a possibility that we may be looking at that hurricane in the eye in the Western Gulf of Mexico.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I think he makes changes immediately this week. Not necessarily coaching changes, but Look for him to lean more on his big uglies up front in the run game which looked good today. The center and left guard were creating holes by themselves. May he scraps the offense and we see something similar to what navy runs which eats the clock and can keep the score closer.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I think he makes changes immediately this week. Not necessarily coaching changes, but Look for him to lean more on his big uglies up front in the run game which looked good today. The center and left guard were creating holes by themselves. May he scraps the offense and we see something similar to what navy runs which eats the clock and can keep the score closer.
Won't matter if the defensive players continue to attempt armless tackles. Texas could put up over 80 points on this defense. We probably saw the most points we will put up on any SEC defense. Either Lebby takes charge and demands improvement or he goes down as a Moorhead "nice guy" coach that tried to be a "players coach".

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
"Either Lebby takes charge and demands improvement"

So he hasn't already been doing that? That thought hasn't occurred to him yet?

patdog

May 28, 2007
If by that you mean suddenly become a good head coach, then nope. Seriously, no. If he could, he would have already.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He was not ready to be a SEC head coach. He is over his head, and it is very obvious. Every decision he has made from coaching staff to portal to adjustment during the season proves he is not ready. We do not have a SEC talent team, but we do have the talents to beat ASU and Toledo. This is on Selmon. I fear he hired a buddy who hired buddies.

Dec 28, 2019
I'm putting a lot of the blame on David Turner. The D line is terrible. Can't tackle at all and never get any pressure. Not saying the rest don't suck but that is the first level. If the first level is blown off the line by the time our LB/Smith get there it's 4 yards. Maybe 5. Cause they run over our taclers and fall for a couple more. He certainly didn't help get any stand out linemen from the portal and he is not lighting it up with high schoolers

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm putting a lot of the blame on David Turner. The D line is terrible. Can't tackle at all and never get any pressure. Not saying the rest don't suck but that is the first level. If the first level is blown off the line by the time our LB/Smith get there it's 4 yards. Maybe 5. Cause they run over our taclers and fall for a couple more. He certainly didn't help get any stand out linemen from the portal and he is not lighting it up with high schoolers
Seriously? You look at this dumpster fire of a team & blame 1 position coach? This is a team effort if there ever was one. I can’t think of a single coach on staff who’s doing a good job.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Seriously? You look at this dumpster fire of a team & blame 1 position coach? This is a team effort if there ever was one. I can’t think of a single coach on staff who’s doing a good job.
Turner used to be a good coach but he always used to have good talent. He also had some good line backers behind him and a coach that help run schemes to help. The whole defense is void of talent and staff that knows what they are doing. Not giving it attention will be the undoing of lebby if he doesn't give it the attention it needs this off season recruiting cycle and starts targeting good staff now. Won't fix recruiting in front 7 unless you get a good dc

patdog

May 28, 2007
Turner used to be a good coach but he always used to have good talent. He also had some good line backers behind him and a coach that help run schemes to help. The whole defense is void of talent and staff that knows what they are doing. Not giving it attention will be the undoing of lebby if he doesn't give it the attention it needs this off season recruiting cycle and starts targeting good staff now. Won't fix recruiting in front 7 unless you get a good dc
Been saying this ever since he hired Hutzler & during portal recruiting. Lebby just never took defense seriously enough. Lazy coaching hires & lazy recruiting gets you where we are now.

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
Outside of maybe UMass, we're going to get boatraced the rest of this season. Whatever fight we had left probably left us yesterday. The focus now should be seeing what pieces of the team are salvageable for next year and recruit the hell out of some bigs in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: Indndawg

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
How do we manage to sign a bunch of portal guys who don't know how to tackle? It's hard to place all the blame on our staff, when these guys should have been taught tackling technique before they got here...but maybe that's why they were in the portal in the first place?

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Been saying this ever since he hired Hutzler & during portal recruiting. Lebby just never took defense seriously enough. Lazy coaching hires & lazy recruiting gets you where we are now.
If I were a 4 star DE or MLB I would be asking myself why I would want to play for Hutzler. Turner would interest me given success of Chris Jones. But huztler not convincing anyone

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
the last time and only time I thought we did not have a chance to win the Egg Bowl was Eli last year. We do not have a chance to win it this year.

Reactions: patdog
Dec 28, 2019
Reread the words that say " not saying the rest don't suck". If you will think about it we are not having a wholesale firing. You have to eat an elephant one bite at a time. And that is the first part of this D that sucks. Imagine having a DL that could clog the middle or rush the passer. We ain't firing all of them dude. Think.

Dec 28, 2019
We signed a D Lineman who couldn't start at Purdue. Another who couldn't start at NC. Apparently we didn't garner any interest for good ones. We haven't been very successful recruiting them either. We ain't gonna win with garbage in the trenches period. I don't care how many 4 star WR you got. WE all think Turner is good because of 10 years ago. But WE ain't the kids signing with him.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We used to do Gang Tackling. Now we're doing Gang Missing the Runner. I think we need to find out who taught them that and get rid of that person—even if it's more than one person.

Reactions: GloryDawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
If I’m Selmon, Lebby doesn’t get a choice during the offseason because he has to know that it’s both of their heads next year if this train wreck continues.

Again, no one was expecting a big season this year, but even the most pessimistic writers thought this team would win 4-5 games, and we don’t look like we have a prayer of even getting to 3 at this point. This team may have had low expectations, but they’re significantly underachieving against even those

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Fish rots from the head downward. Whether Libby/Salmon deserves it or not....they are ultimately to blame for this abortion.