Will Rogers back in the portal…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Have you read this board
Yeah it's a message board. Have you read bama boards? You know they have fans that shoot people for not taking the game serious enough? You know they have fans that poisoned another schools famous trees? They ridicule their all time winning coach and team for not winning big enough. Their fans are crucifying Milroe after all their losses.

Reactions: Dawgg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
No some of yall just put him on god pedestal and worship him. Some us recognize he is very limited qb and not the god y'all try to make him out to be and made him out to be for 4 years. He was product of a system very much like all the other leach air raid qbs. Only one has managed to make in the nfl but he's pretty mediocre too. They all end up coaching.

I'd love for you to show us some posts from those in this thread that put Will on a "god pedestal" or indicate some kind of worship.

You're just making **** up to create a strawman that doesn't exist.

Appreciating the good things he did here and the kind of character he has is not the same as worshipping him and not knowing he has weaknesses. It's just not focusing on them and being an immature *** who constantly points them out, while ignoring all the good things he brought to the table.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
He left us for what he thought was a better ONE YEAR GIG. I absolutely hope he crashes and burns, for our sake.
He did nothing but good things for us. I would have done the same thing given the circumstances of his transfer. He wasn’t perfect by any means but was a pretty good air raid qb, and not really even serviceable in other systems. It makes tons of sense for him to go find an air raid coach to work under for ONE YEAR?!?!?!! Would you rather him stay and continue to struggle in a system that doesn’t fit him to the detriment of our program and himself? I bet you wouldn’t mind that it was to the detriment of our program as long as you got to see him suffer. I bet you also liked Holloway up the middle on 3rd and longs. You and trojandouch need to lock yall selves in a room with a bunch of sharp objects and take your anger out.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He did nothing but good things for us. I would have done the same thing given the circumstances of his transfer. He wasn’t perfect by any means but was a pretty good air raid qb, and not really even serviceable in other systems. It makes tons of sense for him to go find an air raid coach to work under for ONE YEAR?!?!?!! Would you rather him stay and continue to struggle in a system that doesn’t fit him to the detriment of our program and himself? I bet you wouldn’t mind that it was to the detriment of our program as long as you got to see him suffer. I bet you also liked Holloway up the middle on 3rd and longs. You and trojandouch need to lock yall selves in a room with a bunch of sharp objects and take your anger out.
Lol you lost your argument when you went off on a tangent about Holloway up the middle. Rogers should go to an air raid school never denied that. Any other system at powe 4 level he likely never sees the field.

also, you probably don't need to be around sharp objects yourself. Likely should only get the child scissors. Hope you kept the tag on your husky jersey to return it.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
If someone would have approached me during my college days and said ," you're a pretty good intramural qb and we really missed the evals on our all our scholarship guys. We need you to come play qb on Saturdays." I would have really really sucked. But just like with Will, or any other qb we have, it wouldn't have been MY fault I was the best option. Will wasn't all-world but he was a pretty good qb doing his best. Hate on the coaches if you want to hate on someone.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
No some of yall just put him on god pedestal and worship him. Some us recognize he is very limited qb and not the god y'all try to make him out to be and made him out to be for 4 years. He was product of a system very much like all the other leach air raid qbs. Only one has managed to make in the nfl but he's pretty mediocre too. They all end up coaching.

have you met bama fans?
Now there’s a new perspective.***

Reactions: NTDawg

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Lol you lost your argument when you went off on a tangent about Holloway up the middle. Rogers should go to an air raid school never denied that. Any other system at powe 4 level he likely never sees the field.

also, you probably don't need to be around sharp objects yourself. Likely should only get the child scissors. Hope you kept the tag on your husky jersey to return it.
If you inserted a comma and a simple subject between “school” and “never” then that would go down as the only logical sentence in your post.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If you inserted a comma and a simple subject between “school” and “never” then that would go down as the only logical sentence in your post.
Cbs Agree GIF by Paramount+

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I'd love for you to show us some posts from those in this thread that put Will on a "god pedestal" or indicate some kind of worship.
This thread? How about in the history of this board? I don't read every thread on here, but I've never seen anyone on this bosrd claim Rogers was anything other than a good fit for Leach's offense.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
People are so quick to see a kid leave and not even consider why because they don’t care. But facts are- a coach leaving changes a LOT. I’m big on honoring commitments myself- but when the other person or entity breaks theirs, are you still supposed to honor it? If you signed on to make x amount in salary, and then the other party reneged and paid you less- would you continue honoring your side and stay? Absolutely nobody would think that is right.

But yet that is what many of you expect kids to do- they commit to a program under certain major conditions (coach, certain system, how they fit into that system), but when those major things change, we vilify the kid for wanting to go somewhere else.

To make it even better, you talk **** about them for years and then wonder why they want to go somewhere else, too!

Aug 22, 2012
The Rogers haters are simply low football IQ guys. They sit on everything 34 says on the other board (mind you that guy couldn’t even hold onto a job at Leake Freaking Central….look up that programs success it may be one of the worst in Mississippi history) and run that noodle arm crap intothe ground. He was accurate and smart. Dink and dunk is their favorite term….watch the NFL….they dink and dink their way to the Super Bowl. Rogers was only the second best qb in SEC history in terms of yards…..but since he didn’t look the part or run like a tailback the low football IQ comes spewing out. He hit the portal because Lebby said you are not my guy. Which is fine. But don’t think for a second Will Rogers wasn’t a top rate qb in the SEC. He just didn’t do it your way.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
" But don’t think for a second Will Rogers wasn’t a top rate qb in the SEC. He just didn’t do it your way."

Well you should be celebrating his being in the portal. Now some sharp (high IQ) SEC coach can pick him up so he continue his record setting career without a bunch of ole hateful State fans holding him back.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Did bama hate on Jalen Hurts when he went to OU? Perhaps a few but I don't remember it. They had another qb playing well and it wasn't that big of a loss. Will leaving is not a big loss for State either so I don't have a problem with him going somewhere else. He got unlucky with their HC leaving unexpectedly. I will be shocked if he ends up as bama's starting qb. If Deboer's does indeed want him we should know soon.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Did bama hate on Jalen Hurts when he went to OU? Perhaps a few but I don't remember it.
Nobody hates like Mississippi State!

There's some type of weird mental issue with too much of our fanbase. Some type of inferiority complex where some of our fans unconsciously want to fail, want to tear down. Since our fanbase is so small, these fans have a big voice.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023

There's some type of weird mental issue with too much of our fanbase. Some type of inferiority complex where some of our fans unconsciously want to fail, want to tear down. Since our fanbase is so small, these fans have a big voice.
100%. A significant portion of our fanbase is delusional to the downside (love to brand themselves as “realists”), while our neighbors to the north are delusional to the upside, despite having nearly identical resources.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

Could you name another "good" football player so "inexplicably" disliked as Will by the "mental" State fanbase ?

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The Rogers haters are simply low football IQ guys. They sit on everything 34 says on the other board (mind you that guy couldn’t even hold onto a job at Leake Freaking Central….look up that programs success it may be one of the worst in Mississippi history) and run that noodle arm crap intothe ground. He was accurate and smart. Dink and dunk is their favorite term….watch the NFL….they dink and dink their way to the Super Bowl. Rogers was only the second best qb in SEC history in terms of yards…..but since he didn’t look the part or run like a tailback the low football IQ comes spewing out. He hit the portal because Lebby said you are not my guy. Which is fine. But don’t think for a second Will Rogers wasn’t a top rate qb in the SEC. He just didn’t do it your way.
What makes you a football expert 2 years jv at pisgah?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I’d DeBoar wants to run an Air Raid type offense, he sure as hell isn’t going to have Jalen Milroe run it.
Grubbs is going to Bama. They are a pass first team, and Milroe ain't the guy (my opinion). Now that doesn't mean Rogers will go to Bama, no idea. I would not be surprised. Bama has the OL.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login