Will Rogers back in the portal…

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I have no idea why this is a two-page subject. Some folks are either awful bored or awful fixated on the player and that is sad they are obsessed over a player that doesn't play for us any longer.
I'm assuming they are all lined up outside the hump for tonight's game and have run to the end of words with friends already.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
The Rogers haters are simply low football IQ guys. They sit on everything 34 says on the other board (mind you that guy couldn’t even hold onto a job at Leake Freaking Central….look up that programs success it may be one of the worst in Mississippi history) and run that noodle arm crap intothe ground. He was accurate and smart. Dink and dunk is their favorite term….watch the NFL….they dink and dink their way to the Super Bowl. Rogers was only the second best qb in SEC history in terms of yards…..but since he didn’t look the part or run like a tailback the low football IQ comes spewing out. He hit the portal because Lebby said you are not my guy. Which is fine. But don’t think for a second Will Rogers wasn’t a top rate qb in the SEC. He just didn’t do it your way.
My two favorite 34 quotes are “Arnett replacing Leach will have a +1 effect in the wins column”, And when Leach signed Creed “we don’t need another white legs receiver”

I can’t imagine anyone taking seriously the rants of a failed obese JV assistant coach who has hips like a woman. Another keyboard warrior who is a legend in his own mind.

• Haha
Reactions: GomJabbar

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
After reading some of the comments on this board, there’s a part of me that hopes he goes to someone who’s on our schedule next year, ends up starting, and when he faces MSU, he lights up MSU like a 17ing Xmas tree throwing for 500 yds and 6 TDs while we kick FGs

Because? This is “our” State

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
No some of yall just put him on god pedestal and worship him. Some us recognize he is very limited qb and not the god y'all try to make him out to be and made him out to be for 4 years. He was product of a system very much like all the other leach air raid qbs. Only one has managed to make in the nfl but he's pretty mediocre too. They all end up coaching.

have you met bama fans?
Actually, nobody worshiped Rogers. That's a myth that internet people like you that need to be over the top. The truth is, you don;t have a damn clue as to what Rogers can or can not do because you are over the top. Just like he can't throw the deep ball. When people post videos of him doing that in game, you go silent. Then you start with an out right lie that the majority of the passes were to the RBs. And again, it's posted with actually passing stats and you go silent.

Like I said, you don;t know what Rogers can or can not do in any other system. You are talking out of your *** with that. BTW.. We had nobody that could run what Barbay was selling. So I know that's not how you are measuring. .... I take it back.. that's probably what you would gauge it.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
This is where the transfer portal to me is BS - along with NIL
You want to transfer, fine, go!
You want to do it a second time, you sit out a year.
There are no 3 time transfers allowed in a 5 year period.
Period!
It's been a rule for a long time that transfers to not have to sit out if their HC leaves. It's not fair to those players.

Aug 22, 2012
" But don’t think for a second Will Rogers wasn’t a top rate qb in the SEC. He just didn’t do it your way."

Well you should be celebrating his being in the portal. Now some sharp (high IQ) SEC coach can pick him up so he continue his record setting career without a bunch of ole hateful State fans holding him back.
They did. It’s called Alabama. Next smartass comeback??? Doubt you have one for that. Give the kid his due and be thankful he won as many ballgames for us and get off of his ***.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
No some of yall just put him on god pedestal and worship him. Some us recognize he is very limited qb and not the god y'all try to make him out to be and made him out to be for 4 years. He was product of a system very much like all the other leach air raid qbs. Only one has managed to make in the nfl but he's pretty mediocre too. They all end up coaching.

have you met bama fans?
Name the folks on here that did what you say in this post. Some on here defended him and the Noodle gang went berserk. I still don't understand why y'all hate him so much.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
ESPN is your friend. Or look above in the thread. For the life of me I don’t understand why you guys are so critical of Rogers. So he’s not Dan Marino. But he won a hell of a lot more football games for us. More than most in our history. Be thankful and wish the guy well. Is it that damn difficult?
Hate is a tough emotion for people to overcome. The Noodle gang don't want to see him succeed because they would be wrong. Their pride kicks up every mention of Will. It is personal for them. Will got in their heads and they can't shake him.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Hate is a tough emotion for people to overcome. The Noodle gang don't want to see him succeed because they would be wrong. Their pride kicks up every mention of Will. It is personal for them. Will got in their heads and they can't shake him.
Will Rogers' main legacy will be he proved Mike Leach's system worked.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
There is only 1 player who left MSU that fans have a real reason to despise. And that guy made Kirk Herbstreit cry and then transferred to olemiss.
Outside of that, I don't have bad feelings toward any former bulldog who did good things for us.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Because we don't need players transferring out to do well at other schools, period. If they do well then more schools will look at our guys. It's nothing personal.

This is some really flawed thinking.

That's as kind as I can put it.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
The one he won he made damn sure to try & lose it. When he tried to be the hero & fumbled by the goal line I don’t think I’ve ever been as mad as at an individual MSU player in my life.
And then our vaunted defense, led by "the guy who was the only reason Mike Leach won any games," let them drive 99 yards for a TD.

No one ever wants to mention that though.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I just looked up the stats. Minshew’s numbers were the same as Will’s. Harrell’s total yards and ypa were slightly better. Everything else was similar.
Please don't throw out facts on this discussion board. Emotional rants, rumors and name calling take precedent over any logical discussion!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login