Will Rogers Rumors

Oct 13, 2021
Saw a thread on 247, about Will unfollowing our new OC after following him the day he was hired, and then following the new OC at Washington State that runs the Air Raid.

There's also rumors that him and his family weren't happy with the OC hire and are now entertaining potential NIL deals from other schools that were sent before we hired an OC.

Would be a pretty awful move and would give us very little time to recover and get a QB in the portal.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not going to pay a whole lot of attention anymore. It's not worth it.

It's Arnett's show now and he'll pay the price if his decisions result in a **** product next season. If it's a great product he'll reap the rewards.

I hope he's got some genius in him and he's making all the right moves. I am a little worried there's a level of Type A here that could be bad if there's not enough genius.

77Dog

Nov 27, 2022
I agree with She Mate Me, this could be like the movies of old with the evil, diabolical genius or this experiment could be a complete cluster 17. Time will tell, but I'm sure hoping for the genius side to be written in the history books.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
“I'm not going to pay a whole lot of attention anymore. It's not worth it.”

Same - I spend a lot of time and money going to the FB games driving up from the coast. I’m at 90% now on not renewing my season tix. If the players are not gonna be loyal, why the hell should I be?

I’ve “laughed” at posters that have mentioned that NIL and the transfer portal are ruining college football. I was wrong.

He was literally trying to get players out of the portal last week. 17 these 19-yr olds that are apparently entitled. If this crap keeps up the money will dry up because people similar to me will stop coming.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
The “unfollow on Twitter” thing seems a little petty, but I can’t fault Will for looking around.
You can’t expect 100% commitment from him if you’re not 100% committed to him as a starter. It’s a tough situation.

Reactions: mo7888

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
blow up fire GIF

Reactions: mo7888 and woozman

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
How many SEC games did we win this year because we had Rogers at QB and not because of our defense or the other teams QB being out?

How did Will do against LSU, KY, Auburn, BAMA, Ole Miss, Illinois, Georgia? The only decent games he had were against UPig and A&M and both of those games all he had to do is not lose the game.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
“I'm not going to pay a whole lot of attention anymore. It's not worth it.”

Same - I spend a lot of time and money going to the FB games driving up from the coast. I’m at 90% now on not renewing my season tix. If the players are not gonna be loyal, why the hell should I be?

I’ve “laughed” at posters that have mentioned that NIL and the transfer portal are ruining college football. I was wrong.

He was literally trying to get players out of the portal last week. 17 these 19-yr olds that are apparently entitled. If this crap keeps up the money will dry up because people similar to me will stop coming.

The money won’t dry up until the networks decide to start airing something else.

Reactions: RotorHead

PoDawg

Jan 14, 2023
Who cares! He came from a narcissistic/nepotistic system and has been put on a pedestal for way too long. The records are paper thin. And yes we easily beat KY and Ole Miss isn’t even close with a different QB. Maybe quikcrete will give him some money. He’d look good in Okra Green. College football is toast.

whodatdawg12

Aug 26, 2012
Maybe his finger slipped and he accidentally hit unfollow****

Agree this is getting ridiculous. Sure does make for an eventful offseason and gives us something to talk about though. We will see where the dust settles.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'm not going to pay a whole lot of attention anymore. It's not worth it.

It's Arnett's show now and he'll pay the price if his decisions result in a **** product next season. If it's a great product he'll reap the rewards.

I hope he's got some genius in him and he's making all the right moves. I am a little worried there's a level of Type A here that could be bad if there's not enough genius.
You probably aren’t trying to be myopic but next year isn’t the measuring stick. He should/will be given reasonable time to do his thing. I was exited to see a year 4 under CML. Hope arnett does well enough that I see year 4 under him.

Last edited:

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
How many SEC games did we win this year because we had Rogers at QB and not because of our defense or the other teams QB being out?

How did Will do against LSU, KY, Auburn, BAMA, Ole Miss, Illinois, Georgia? The only decent games he had were against UPig and A&M and both of those games all he had to do is not lose the game.
Correct answer.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
If they stop watching, it will.
But they aren’t. Just like the NFL didn’t shrivel up with all of the “boycotting”. I’m sure there will be some, you included, that will stick to their word and give up on college football. But most will keep watching and loving it for its beauty, insanity, and intensity. All this background noise is meaningless when that ball flies off the foot in August to me, and millions like me.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
If they stop watching, it will.

And what are they going to replace it with?

While it isn’t surprising, it is disappointing to see the reaction of some adults when the athletes who are busting their asses want a piece of a very big pie.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
These kids are going to have to learn the ability to adapt at some point in life. It might as well be now.

I don’t understand the lack of motivation to learn something new and succeed.
Most successful people try to avoid failure rather than adopt to it. Will knows his limitations and knows he's never going to be "Johnny Football" so why fail trying to adopt to something he can't do ?

Note: If this rumor is true**

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Why would Rogers want to stay here when a pretty sizable portion of the fan base takes every opportunity in the world to crap on him and gives him no credit for quarterbacking the team to one of its best seasons in the last 20 years. Well, everyone who couldn’t stand Leach, the air raid and Will might be seeing all their dreams come true. We’d just better win at least nine games next season.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
You probably aren’t trying to be myopic but next year isn’t the measuring stick. He should/will be given reasonable time to do his thing. I was exited to see a year 4 under CML. Hope arnett dies well enough that I see year 4 under him.
Tell us how you really feel about CZA.

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Why would Rogers want to stay here when a pretty sizable portion of the fan base takes every opportunity in the world to crap on him and gives him no credit for quarterbacking the team to one of its best seasons in the last 20 years. Well, everyone who couldn’t stand Leach, the air raid and Will might be seeing all their dreams come true. We’d just better win at least nine games next season.
since when have we ever had back to back nine win seasons?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I personally hope Will stays and focuses a lot of time and energy on how to run. If he doesn’t, oh well. Next man up.

Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
since when have we ever had back to back nine win seasons?
According to many people here, we won nine games despite having a schitty quarterback and an offense that sucks. So now that we will have a new offense that satisfies them and possibly a much better quarterback according to them, there is no excuse not to win at least the same number of games we did with the sucky offense and terrible QB.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
But they aren’t. Just like the NFL didn’t shrivel up with all of the “boycotting”. I’m sure there will be some, you included, that will stick to their word and give up on college football. But most will keep watching and loving it for its beauty, insanity, and intensity. All this background noise is meaningless when that ball flies off the foot in August to me, and millions like me.
True. Still not giving up my right to complain incessantly even without enough specific knowledge to have an informed opinion…

Reactions: mcdawg22

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login