Womens swimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Gatorade taught me female and male athletes are equally skilled anyway, so I don’t know what the big deal is. The Mississippi State home run record proves that

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I remember when feminist fought for women's rights, now there dead silent. I guess it wasn’t about women’s rights after all.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
It’s a brand new day for men’s sports! The sky is the limit from here on!

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Gender identity is a 17'ing crazy concept. (Just my opinion.)

When I hear reports like this, I begin to wonder when common sense will rear its head.

Everybody (almost) thinks it. Nobody says it.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Where are the parents of the female swimmers and why haven't I seen a story on a massive walkout or a parent being detained for raising hell about this?

If one of the girls on this team were my daughter, I would be a true pain in that coach and school's ***.

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I can't fathom how this person could get any joy/satisfaction out of this. It's just sick .

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Where are the parents of the female swimmers and why haven't I seen a story on a massive walkout or a parent being detained for raising hell about this?

If one of the girls on this team were my daughter, I would be a true pain in that coach and school's ***.

Saw an interview a few weeks back. There are some pissed off teammates but we’re essentially given a gag order from the school.

https://swimswam.com/anonymous-penn-swimmer-speaks-out-on-lia-thomas-presence-on-the-womens-team/

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I remember when feminist fought for women's rights, now there dead silent. I guess it wasn’t about women’s rights after all.

“Feminism was established to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream” Rush H. Limbaugh III

Downvote away lefties/Marxists!

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Absolutely agree with the walkout but here is another. Some Men's coach needs to transition his entire Basketball team either at HS or NCAA level. Howland this season would have been a good candidate. Then just play the games and win the championship.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The university and the coach aren’t going to do anything because they know what the ramifications of that decision will be. They’ll have people all over campus protesting within hours.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The problem is not "gender identity" per se. It's trying to force the idea that it's normal and acceptable on everybody else. I don't give a **** if someone wants to identify as a potted plant, I just don't want anyone trying to force me to accept it as normal.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I don’t watch ESPN much anymore so I don’t really know if anything is being said about it one way or another but I’m sure there are some that feel like it’s not right or unfair but aren’t saying anything just to avoid the scrutiny that would come with that. Just a total guess.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
The NCAA recently dropped its rule that would have let her compete at the NCAA championships. The Ivy League just decided to let her swim anyway because she started the season on the team. That will probably change next year.

Everyone who wanted to let her compete meant well, but just didn't understand how big the gap is between men's and women's swimming, and how taking hormone treatments would only narrow that gap a little bit, not a lot. This issue is about to take care of itself.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Rules are meant to be objective.

The point of segregating sport by SEX is to maintain competitive fairness. The only fair rule is to regulate based on the parts you exited the womb with. Males go here, females go there. That's the point of the rule.

The gender identity / sex change stuff? To each their own. Identity by gender fluctuates with culture and time. Not worth arguing over. Deviate from cultural norms - it makes life interesting. Sex change? That's harder to grasp. If you're physically mature and went through a boatload of therapy before drugs, adding things, or chopping things off, it's not really my business either - just don't ask me to pay for it. I just hope that really helps whatever is making those folks miserable and not just adding to the list.

Whatever - thats life man. Lots of people on the planet with and endless list of preferences and problems. Let them figure it out - but draw a line in the sand and base sports segregation on your birth certificate.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
“Meant well”

Some of them might have meant well, but I guarantee you EVERYONE didn’t mean well.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
“Meant well”

Some of them might have meant well, but I guarantee you EVERYONE didn’t mean well.

No, they were just trying to nice accommodating and accepting. A lot of people just don't realize how huge the gap is between women's and men's times in swimming events. Thomas was barely a top 500 swimmer as a man and is now not only #1, but by a significant margin. Once people grasp that, they'll come around to our shared opinion (an opinion that Caitlyn Jenner, Renee Richards, the NCAA, and now the Olympics share with us).

But in order for people to grasp that, we have to lead with the facts, and not just anti-trans insults like a lot of people like to do.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
The NCAA recently dropped its rule that would have let her compete at the NCAA championships. The Ivy League just decided to let her swim anyway because she started the season on the team. That will probably change next year.

Everyone who wanted to let her compete meant well, but just didn't understand how big the gap is between men's and women's swimming, and how taking hormone treatments would only narrow that gap a little bit, not a lot. This issue is about to take care of itself.

I don’t know that they meant well, a more accurate description would be that nobody wanted to sign up for the ensuing PR shitstorm of prohibiting it.

I agree that it will change soon, and it already has at the NCAA championship level. Its also weird that the Ivy League seems to have all these controversies. Are their league rules more lax than everyone else’s in Division I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login