Would Kirby even make the SEC championship game if he coached in the West?

PiousMonken

Oct 20, 2022
Kirby is 11-4 against the West in regular season games. Playing a team in the natty or sec championship means you’re playing against the best of the best, and thus isn’t indicative of what we’d expect in the regular season.

Oh and Vegas would have us as an undeniable favorite to win the West this year if we were in it. They didn’t build all that A/C in the desert by losing money.

Last edited:
Reactions: bmtaylo1

Tuamuchspeed

Jul 15, 2022
Kirby is 11-4 against the West in regular season games. Playing a team in the natty or sec championship means you’re playing against the best of the best, and thus isn’t indicative of what we’d expect in the regular season.

Oh and Vegas would have us as an undesirable favorite to win the West this year if we were in it. They didn’t build all that A/C in the desert by losing money.
That's cute. Saban is 44-4 against the East, regardless of whether it was regular season or postseason.

Turns out, Curby isn't that good when he plays tough teams on the road.

2016 - Lost at #23 Ole Miss
2017 - Lost at #10 Auburn (40-17... yikes)
2018 - Lost at #13 LSU (20-point blowout)
2019 - Played no ranked teams on the road
2020 - Lost at #1 Alabama (yet another 20-point loss)
2021 - Played no ranked teams on the road, lost to Bama in the SECCG, and lucked out in the CFP Final to win a N*tty
2022 - Played no ranked teams on the road, only played two teams during the regular season that finished in the AP Top 25, and left the state of Georgia only 6 times over a 15-game season

Curby gets creampuff schedules and still only delivers asterisk-ridden titles. Imagine if UGA had to go to LSU and Bama instead of Missouri and Kentucky last year. They're 10-2 heading into December, easy.

Bolden1983

Dec 15, 2021

Oh and Vegas would have us as an undesirable favorite to win the West this year if we were in it. They didn’t build all that A/C in the desert by losing money.
UGA can't beat LSU and Bama. Wouldn't ever make it.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
That's cute. Saban is 44-4 against the East, regardless of whether it was regular season or postseason.

2021 - Played no ranked teams on the road, lost to Bama in the SECCG, and lucked out in the CFP Final to win a N*tty
2022 - Played no ranked teams on the road, only played two teams during the regular season that finished in the AP Top 25, and left the state of Georgia only 6 times over a 15-game season

Curby gets creampuff schedules and still only delivers asterisk-ridden titles. Imagine if UGA had to go to LSU and Bama instead of Missouri and Kentucky last year. They're 10-2 heading into December, easy.
Look at these facts. FYI, you just pissed off every resident UGA fan. Facts seem to bother them.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Beat both teams the last time we played them, but you’re right we can’t beat LSU and Bama. You’re so phucken delusional and butthurt
Road games Korey. On the road. You wouldn’t get to play them in Georgia or a neutral site every year.

PiousMonken

Oct 20, 2022

My man let’s just see how this season plays out. In the meantime answer a question for me: there are only two coaches that have been associated with every BCS or CFP repeat title, and neither one is Nick Saban. Do you know who the two coaches are?

Tuamuchspeed

Jul 15, 2022
My man let’s just see how this season plays out. In the meantime answer a question for me: there are only two coaches that have been associated with every BCS or CFP repeat title, and neither one is Nick Saban. Do you know who the two coaches are?
Nope and idgaf. Because Saban is the GOAT and I don't have to pull out qualifiers for my stats. See the Saban vs the East record for details.

PiousMonken

Oct 20, 2022
Nope and idgaf. Because Saban is the GOAT and I don't have to pull out qualifiers for my stats. See the Saban vs the East record for details.
Sorry what was the qualifier? I’m looking for coaches involved in the only repeats of the modern era. Kirby was your DC when you repeated and Schumann was his assistant. Now they’ve both moved up a rung and repeated again in Athens. Look at the common denominators.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Sorry what was the qualifier? I’m looking for coaches involved in the only repeats of the modern era. Kirby was your DC when you repeated and Schumann was his assistant. Now they’ve both moved up a rung and repeated again in Athens. Look at the common denominators.
Schumann gets credit for being only a grad assistant now? Wow.

Tuamuchspeed

Jul 15, 2022
Lmao.
Saban has won 3 ships since Curby and Schumann left. Bama's greatest team of all time came 5 seasons after his departure.

Saban has 7 Chips and only 3 of them were with Curby on staff. Saban is the common denominator lmao.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Lmao.
Saban has won 3 ships since Curby and Schumann left. Bama's greatest team of all time came 5 seasons after his departure.

Saban has 7 Chips and only 3 of them were with Curby on staff. Saban is the common denominator lmao.
It is truly amazing how UGA fans have convinced themselves that Kirby is the reason behind Saban’s success.

PiousMonken

Oct 20, 2022
Lmao.

Kirby won 4 with Saban, not 3. Kirby built the ‘17 defense, but Pruitt coached it, who is no doubt a good coach. But there’s a reason Saban couldn’t hire him back….

The ‘20 season is the biggest asterisk season of all time. Everything was thrown off by COVID and lockdowns. But sure, stand on that title if you want. Only makes everyone of your claims look weaker.

Reactions: KoreyDawg

DoubleDawgDareYa1906

Nov 15, 2021
Lol Yall Wild.

Do I live in some alternate universe were either Saban and Kirby can't be ELITE head coaches?

Saban is the undisputed GOAT college head coach. Saban is the reason why LSU's program is still alive. Won nattys in two different SEC programs. Not much more to say here.

Kirby is the most likely successor to Sabans reign and is currently the best coach in college football over the past 3-5 season and most statistics you can point to will agree to that.

But the debate gets real when you compare compare Kirby's first seven years as a coach to Nick's first seven.

Tuamuchspeed

Jul 15, 2022
Kirby won 4 with Saban, not 3. Kirby built the ‘17 defense, but Pruitt coached it, who is no doubt a good coach. But there’s a reason Saban couldn’t hire him back….

The ‘20 season is the biggest asterisk season of all time. Everything was thrown off by COVID and lockdowns. But sure, stand on that title if you want. Only makes everyone of your claims look weaker.
The inferiority complex is all too real and all too sad.

You remember the success Curby had under Saban, but conveniently forget how his failures cost us more titles and nearly cost us a few that we won. I remember him getting abused by STEPHEN GARCIA and JUSTIN JEFFERSON in 2010 before completely collapsing a 21-point lead against Auburn. See, I remember his complete inability to stop Freeze and Malzahn in 2013 and 2014. I remember him signing slow, inept LBs like Trey DePriest on our way to giving up 200+ to OSU in the CFP. I remember him getting embarrassed by Freeze again in 2015 before we rode Derrick Henry and Calvin Ridley to a Natty barely outpacing Dabo during a shootout in the Finals.

Did you know Bama has only given up 40+ points 5 times since Curby left in 2015 (7 seasons -- Pete Golding for 5)? It happened to Curby 7 times from 2010-2015 in an era where offenses weren't nearly as capable as they are now. That tends to happen to Curby when he plays teams with capable offenses. Just like when he ran into Bama in 2021 with the "gre*test defense ever." Luckily, he never has to play any dominant teams in the East, and when he does, they always seem to end up playing in GA or at neutral sites. Or a WR gets hurt to bail him out -- see Metchie/Williams and JSN/Harrison.

The funny thing is that the 2020 title is much more legitimate than the 2021 cha*mpionship that UGA won. No one argues anything other than Bama being lightyears better than everyone else that season, including UGA who left Tuscaloosa (with no crowd during the game) with a 20-point loss and missing no impact players.

Man_A_War

Jan 10, 2023
It is truly amazing how Bama fans have convinced themselves that Saban is the reason behind Kirby’s success
K, gotta call you out on this one. he spent 3/4 of his carreer, as an assistant under the goat. nothing can persuade anyone otherwise - but still, your trolled and got my ***

PiousMonken

Oct 20, 2022
The inferiority complex is all too real and all too sad.

You remember the success Curby had under Saban, but conveniently forget how his failures cost us more titles and nearly cost us a few that we won. I remember him getting abused by STEPHEN GARCIA and JUSTIN JEFFERSON in 2010 before completely collapsing a 21-point lead against Auburn. See, I remember his complete inability to stop Freeze and Malzahn in 2013 and 2014. I remember him signing slow, inept LBs like Trey DePriest on our way to giving up 200+ to OSU in the CFP. I remember him getting embarrassed by Freeze again in 2015 before we rode Derrick Henry and Calvin Ridley to a Natty barely outpacing Dabo during a shootout in the Finals.

Did you know Bama has only given up 40+ points 5 times since Curby left in 2015 (7 seasons -- Pete Golding for 5)? It happened to Curby 7 times from 2010-2015 in an era where offenses weren't nearly as capable as they are now. That tends to happen to Curby when he plays teams with capable offenses. Just like when he ran into Bama in 2021 with the "gre*test defense ever." Luckily, he never has to play any dominant teams in the East, and when he does, they always seem to end up playing in GA or at neutral sites. Or a WR gets hurt to bail him out -- see Metchie/Williams and JSN/Harrison.

The funny thing is that the 2020 title is much more legitimate than the 2021 cha*mpionship that UGA won. No one argues anything other than Bama being lightyears better than everyone else that season, including UGA who left Tuscaloosa (with no crowd during the game) with a 20-point loss and missing no impact players.
That’s a lot of words to not say very much.

to your point on Linebackers - Kirby had 4 Butkus finalists at Bama, they’ve had 1 since. He’s had 4 Butkus finalists at UGA. And our backup just transferred to you to be your starter - so tell me again about linebackers?

Pipe down until you have something to crow about.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023

Wait, wait….Kirby “built” a defense 2 years after he was gone? Coached em too right? If you will actually look at Alabama’s best defenses, the common denominator is Pruitt.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023

This guy thinks playing 10 conference games is the biggest asterisk ever lmao. Let me tell you something, bub…..if it was a normal season, UGA would have lost by 35 in Tuscaloosa instead of 17.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Lol Yall Wild.

Do I live in some alternate universe were either Saban and Kirby can't be ELITE head coaches?

Saban is the undisputed GOAT college head coach. Saban is the reason why LSU's program is still alive. Won nattys in two different SEC programs. Not much more to say here.

Kirby is the most likely successor to Sabans reign and is currently the best coach in college football over the past 3-5 season and most statistics you can point to will agree to that.

But the debate gets real when you compare compare Kirby's first seven years as a coach to Nick's first seven.
I can agree with this. The only question that remains….is Kirby the next Saban or the next Urban?

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023

to your point on Linebackers - Kirby had 4 Butkus finalists at Bama, they’ve had 1 since. He’s had 4 Butkus finalists at UGA. And our backup just transferred to you to be your starter - so tell me again about linebackers?

Why do UGA fans just assume the Marshall will start? He may start, no one knows yet, but You do know that teams take transfers for depth too, right?

KoreyDawg

Jan 31, 2022

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Reactions: PiousMonken

Tuamuchspeed

Jul 15, 2022

An indictment of your reading comprehension and analytical skills, not the argument itself.

Why would I care about Butkus Awards -- Golding coached the LBs and we are aware that it sucked. Guess what? It sucked from 2013 - 2015 under Smart too, even with Mosley winning the Butkus in 2013. It didn't stop Auburn and Oklahoma from embarrassing us that season.

Since Kirby left, we've also won two Heisman Trophies, two Biletnikoff Awards, three Outland Trophies, three Nagurski Awards, three Lombardi Awards, two Rimington Trophies, two Maxwell Trophies, two Walter Camp Awards, two AP POY, one Butkus Award, one Thorpe Award, one Doak Walker Award, one Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, one Hornung Award,

Awards w/ Kirby in 8 seasons = 8
Awards w/o Kirby in 7 seasons = 26

Are you impressed yet? I have plenty to crow about, we start with:
  • 18 > 4
  • 33 > 15
  • .731> .663
  • 953 > 868
  • 84 > 39
  • 4 > 2
  • 401 > 371
  • 79 > 47
  • 857 > 645
  • 140 > 37

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
I'm not sure what this mean but Bama on a high horse or as the moral authority is an interesting path to take.
It means that Kirby may can build a program and flame out quick….especially with the AJC putting out hit pieces on the UGA program. That is what the Urban possibility means. Saban or Urban? What are your thoughts?

DoubleDawgDareYa1906

Nov 15, 2021
Clemson havent/doesn't recruit like UGA does. I'd argue no one develops players like UGA right now. No body that went to clemson really got better.

UGA is a collection of elite/generational talent but we don't rely on it, especially at QB. We win in ways that other programs are trying to emulate (Miami, TX 4&8) and trying to get back too (Bama). That's in the trenches. That hasn't stopped.

UGA is innovative and changes, often ahead of the curve. Look at the offense, the body types we are recruiting at certain positions, The NIL model.. on the surface it looks like Bama but it's different.

How many families have AJC subs? How many folks (for better or worse) trust the media? **That AJC article is str8 trash and paint a picture of UGA in a vacuum but that the price of being King**

You can slice it any way you want , UGA is here.

And I expect Bama to be here to, at least until Nicky can't do it anymore.

PiousMonken

Oct 20, 2022
An indictment of your reading comprehension and analytical skills, not the argument itself.

Why would I care about Butkus Awards -- Golding coached the LBs and we are aware that it sucked. Guess what? It sucked from 2013 - 2015 under Smart too, even with Mosley winning the Butkus in 2013. It didn't stop Auburn and Oklahoma from embarrassing us that season.

Since Kirby left, we've also won two Heisman Trophies, two Biletnikoff Awards, three Outland Trophies, three Nagurski Awards, three Lombardi Awards, two Rimington Trophies, two Maxwell Trophies, two Walter Camp Awards, two AP POY, one Butkus Award, one Thorpe Award, one Doak Walker Award, one Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, one Hornung Award,

Awards w/ Kirby in 8 seasons = 8
Awards w/o Kirby in 7 seasons = 26

Are you impressed yet? I have plenty to crow about, we start with:
  • 18 > 4
  • 33 > 15
  • .731> .663
  • 953 > 868
  • 84 > 39
  • 4 > 2
  • 401 > 371
  • 79 > 47
  • 857 > 645
  • 140 > 37
Haha okay man, take a deep breath before you over exert yourself. How about a friendly wager on who wins the SEC this year? Do I need to give you odds?

DoubleDawgDareYa1906

Nov 15, 2021
That AJC article came out and we get positive predictions on Williams Nwaneri. Daniel Calhoun, and Micheal Uini within 24 hours.

That AJC article ain't nothing but paper imma use to drain the grease off my fried chicken later.

Reactions: KoreyDawg

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Clemson havent/doesn't recruit like UGA does. I'd argue no one develops players like UGA right now. No body that went to clemson really got better.

UGA is a collection of elite/generational talent but we don't rely on it, especially at QB. We win in ways that other programs are trying to emulate (Miami, TX 4&8) and trying to get back too (Bama). That's in the trenches. That hasn't stopped.

UGA is innovative and changes, often ahead of the curve. Look at the offense, the body types we are recruiting at certain positions, The NIL model.. on the surface it looks like Bama but it's different.

How many families have AJC subs? How many folks (for better or worse) trust the media? **That AJC article is str8 trash and paint a picture of UGA in a vacuum but that the price of being King**

You can slice it any way you want , UGA is here.

And I expect Bama to be here to, at least until Nicky can't do it anymore.
You act like Kirby invented that style of play lmao. Who do you think he got it from?

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Haha okay man, take a deep breath before you over exert yourself. How about a friendly wager on who wins the SEC this year? Do I need to give you odds?
You should give him odds with UGA’s schedule. How about a friendly wager on Alabama/UGA the next time they play?

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
That AJC article came out and we get positive predictions on Williams Nwaneri. Daniel Calhoun, and Micheal Uini within 24 hours.

That AJC article ain't nothing but paper imma use to drain the grease off my fried chicken later.
Urban 2.0. Can Kirby withstand without his “health” being an issue? That is the question.

DoubleDawgDareYa1906

Nov 15, 2021
You act like Kirby invented that style of play lmao. Who do you think he got it from?

You act like everything UGA does is a carbon copy of Bama lol. Dang man, I can't give Kirby kudos without you feeling like it's a slight to Nick?

Innovative and adaptive:

having a Edge play star instead of the "Cheetah package" lol.

12 and 13 personal that is a pseudo spread to honor the run threat INSTEAD of going ultra finesse.

Enhancing and investing in Scott Sinclair instead of going full weird science in the strength and condition program

DoubleDawgDareYa1906

Nov 15, 2021
Urban 2.0. Can Kirby withstand without his “health” being an issue? That is the question.

If Bama did it you thank UGA can't? Only folks weird about that AJC stuff is folks conceding what happens on the field. Rome may crumble but it won't be because something that happens on Saturdays between the hedges.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login