Ya’ll Pull for SEC in bowls or No?

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I personally hope Arky and the Confederates get destroyed. Them winning does not benefit MSU in any way plus I’m kinda petty when it comes to sports. I really didn’t like Pitman’s smug attitude in their win over State. He talked as though it was inevitable that they were going to win. Either he’s an ******* or he knows something we don’t about that trash penalty.

irondawg007

Jan 23, 2007
Game I’m most concerned about a team losing is the National championship. Pulling hard for Georgia to get payback. Want Bama to go down this time.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
If State wins, I want everyone else to lose.
If State loses, I want everyone else to lose worse.
The best thing about an all SEC final is that at least one other SEC team finishes the season with an L.

Go Baylor.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
It was their Super Bowl.

I used to pull for SEC teams other than UMiss out of conference, but I stopped. We used to need proof the SEC was the dominant conference, but we don't need it anymore. The SEC is where players and coaches want to be. There is no debate. We can go winless in the bowl games and national perception will not change.

It would hurt the conference to go winless in bowl games every year, but thats not going to happen mo matter who I root for.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
If any of you somehow figure out that “pulling” for a team makes any difference, save that **** for State and only State. I guess you could use it for other games that would benefit State.

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
No, I want them all to lose. I can’t watch Arkansas because that game was flat out stolen from us by a ref. I know Arkansas and Ole Miss will win today simply because of my hate for both.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
If any of you somehow figure out that “pulling” for a team makes any difference, save that **** for State and only State. I guess you could use it for other games that would benefit State.

Its not a question of affecting the outcome, its just whether one should have conference loyalty or whatever.

Some people believe whats good for the conference is good for us all. Win more bowl games, and the presence of SEC teams in future bowl games becomes more valuable. More bowl money and more TV money means more for everyone. And back before all the bowl tie ins, State could benefit in bowl selection decisions just by having SEC by its name.

So, the theory is that if you are rooting against an SEC team, then you are rooting against your own best interest.

I don't buy that anymore. Bowls love the SEC, TV loves the SEC, coaches and players love the SEC. A few out of conference losses won't change that.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Doesn't the winning team get more money in the bowls? That makes our SEC welfare check bigger. Rooting against the Penn State Sanduskeys is a no brainer.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Kinda hopin the national championship gets canceled. I'd laugh at those two fan bases if that happened.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Doesn't the winning team get more money in the bowls? That makes our SEC welfare check bigger. Rooting against the Penn State Sanduskeys is a no brainer.

No. The bowl payouts are the same regardless of outcome. In fact, the SEC has already been paid for today's games and is just waiting for the end of the season to distribute the funds.

But the real money is on the playoffs. Every Div 1 team gets a piece of that, and its better than the individual bowl payouts. A lot of teams lose money on bowl games.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’m pretty sure they cleaned house on everyone involved with the kiddie stuff. I’ll pull for James Franklin and Manny Diaz over Sam Pitman any day.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I want Auburn to lose every game in every sport from now to eternity.

Happy New Year!

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I pretty much pull against them but the pigs vs the pedophiles is a tough call.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I typically go into bowl season pulling for about half and going against the other half, but then you get a quick reminder about how much butt hurt anti-SEC bitterness exists out there, and it makes it tough.

I will never under any circumstances pull for OM or Auburn, but I’m cool with the rest this time of year it puts the B1G bitches in their place

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If an SEC team is playing The Catholics, I'm pulling for SEC. Same if they're playing Ohio St, Michigan, TX, OK, USCw. Otherwise no preference. I'll pull for all of the above when playing Univ of Northern MS though

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
No. I was hoping Cincy and Mich would win yesterday. Won't watch the NC game as I don't give 2 ***** about either team.

Sep 12, 2013
I did when the whole conference pride thing started in 08,09…but I haven’t cared in a while, like most people I assume.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
If an SEC team is playing The Catholics, I'm pulling for SEC. Same if they're playing Ohio St, Michigan, TX, OK, USCw. Otherwise no preference. I'll pull for all of the above when playing Univ of Northern MS though
Wow!!! This is exactly where I’m at.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hell no. You wouldn't either if you knew what people from other states truly think about Mississippi (and likewise our football teams).

Deep down, we all know we don't pull for the SEC. The ones who do are simply ignorant of reality, or it's a defense mechanism because they live in Alabama/Georgia/etc., and want to still be accepted by their friend group, or something similarly stupid.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I pull for good games. Except for Mississippi I hope Baylor kills them. Don't see it though.

Tracer Bullet

Jul 30, 2018
I pull for all SEC teams but Ole Miss.
Always want a SEC team to win it all. Hope that team is Georgia this year.

Also go Utes.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
I always pull for all SEC teams in bowl games except ole miss. This year I was pulling for Harbaugh to win the whole thing but obviously that’s over. Pulling for Georgia now.

AtlantaDawg

Nov 27, 2017
Yes I do. It helps build a brand, earn us more money long-term (bowls want to be part of the SEC pecking order and are willing to up their payout), and helps us with national recruiting. TX and OU are perfect examples of the SEC brand.

I just wish that MSU showed up motivated at the Liberty Bowl. That effort will hurt us with future bowl bids.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
No, I only pull for Mississippi State. Bowls pay the same win or lose so it doesn't matter.

Feb 12, 2013
Yea 17 that.

You think any other SEC teams pull for State? I may be in the minority, but based off of my personal encounters/experiences, it's a hard no. The "always pull for the SEC" is a Bama/UGA & SEC Network narrative that constantly gets pushed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login