Ya’ll Pull for SEC in bowls or No?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
State will get thier 46 million regardless so not I hope they all lose.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Yea 17 that.

You think any other SEC teams pull for State? I may be in the minority, but based off of my personal encounters/experiences, it's a hard no. The "always pull for the SEC" is a Bama/UGA & SEC Network narrative that constantly gets pushed.

It doesn’t make a bit of sense unless we are talking about the playoffs. The SEC brand is built through championships and the non-playoff bowls aren’t a part of that. The bowl placement is primarily based on how many of their conference opponents they beat. Once they get the bowl the money flows either way. Arkansas winning a bowl doesn’t make MSU or Alabama look better. SEC teams playing in playoffs and NC games are the only thing that help the other teams who aren’t good enough to get there.

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
Rooting for another SEC team in a bowl game is like rooting for the Devil because he’s in the Bible!

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Yea 17 that.

You think any other SEC teams pull for State? I may be in the minority, but based off of my personal encounters/experiences, it's a hard no. The "always pull for the SEC" is a Bama/UGA & SEC Network narrative that constantly gets pushed.

My experience is the opposite of yours. I know a lot of fans from other schools who become big SEC fans in the post season. Of course if you're a BAMA or UGA fan it is easy to pull for the plebians of the conference while your team goes for the gold.. But I know fans from UK, Vanda, Auburn, whatever who give me a hard time for not supporting the other conference members.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
I personally hope Arky and the Confederates get destroyed. Them winning does not benefit MSU in any way plus I’m kinda petty when it comes to sports. I really didn’t like Pitman’s smug attitude in their win over State. He talked as though it was inevitable that they were going to win. Either he’s an ******* or he knows something we don’t about that trash penalty.

17 no. If they ain’t us then they are them. And 17 them.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sometimes. Depends on the situation.

Never for Ole Miss though. Hitler could be quarterbacking a team coached by Satan himself and I’d still want them to beat Ole Miss.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login