You have to scratch your head with this staff

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
Ruined a great night for PJ and made it look like a decent night for him. And on top of that made this blowout a nail biter. Just dumb to bring Johnson back out when he's already thrown 103 pitches.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Except for two hits Auburn hasn't hit hard this inning. This is about as bad luck as you can get with walks and dribblers on the infield.

ETA: you have to wonder where Hunt was at the beginning of the inning.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
A 4 run game is a nail biter?

Might not seem like it, but I was biting nails when the tying run came to the plate with one out in the 8th. Hunt finished up striking out the side, saving our bacon a bit and saving my nails.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Sitting on the bench like he should have been. You don’t want to use KC in a 9-1 ballgame. Save him for Sunday and sweep. But that’s not the case now since we don’t have fuckall in the pen

Rezpup

May 4, 2009
104 is not a lot of pitches, let him try to finish if he wants to, thank goodness there are still mentally tough guys like Preston who still want to.

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
When they have the bases loaded with the tying run at the plate, yea it’s a nail biter. Guess you didn’t watch or listen to the game.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Might not seem like it, but I was biting nails when the tying run came to the plate with one out in the 8th. Hunt finished up striking out the side, saving our bacon a bit and saving my nails.

I never thought the game was getting away. Just some bad luck. We knew we had KC ready to go.
That pen scares me, but Hunt is the real deal.
Fact is, we need our starters to eat up a lot of innings. We got that from Preston last night. Hunt didn't throw much, so he's good to go again. Still have our better pen arms today.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
Don’t think so

PJ had a good quick inning before, had an 8 run lead and we are severely limited in the bullpen so you stretch him as far as you can hoping to have enough pitchers for game 3.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I do find myself starting to question Foxhall a little bit. For one, I don't see why coaches feel like they need to call pitches. Do pros even do that? Secondly he was the one wanting to leave Johnson in last night, I see absolutely no reason to do that. I know the bullpen is thin but damn.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
PJ had a good quick inning before, had an 8 run lead and we are severely limited in the bullpen so you stretch him as far as you can hoping to have enough pitchers for game 3.
Stretch is one thing, but bottom line we have to get something out of Tullar and Fristoe. You can't just quit developing them and wear out your starters.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login