You want a shot at the Sugar Bowl? We need A&M to lose a game...

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
There are ten games, today was the first. If they all play out exactly we win the West. We do that, Beat Georgia, We are going to the playoffs.

But it does require Old Miss to win tonight.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Eh, we already beat the Aggies so I want them to win out so we can claim a Natty like UCF.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Better go see if you have a powder blue polo tucked back in the closet...

Sugar Bowl is out with our loss to Arkansas. Citrus is still in play but need Georgia to beat Tennessee and Aggies to beat Ole Miss.

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
I don't think that's the case..

If Georgia and Bama both make the playoff, the highest ranked remaining SEC team goes. At this point, I think that will be A&M, Ole Miss, or State.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
It’s possible, I guess. There’s also Arkansas but they have Bama. I just think Citrus is our ceiling.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Citrus is very possible after today and with a win on Thanksgiving.

I think we took ourselves out of BHM today and got in the group of 6

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
If Arkansas beats Alabama, Bama ain't in the playoff anyway..

that a prerequisite for us to even have a chance. Whatever else happens is moot.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Sugar Bowl is out with our loss to Arkansas. Citrus is still in play but need Georgia to beat Tennessee and Aggies to beat Ole Miss.

Sometimes I want to say would've should've could've but I'm so stoked for having three wins over ranked teams and being much better than I thought we would be coming into the season AND have an offense it keeps clicking when they don't stop themselves I just can't do it. Who knows we might not have one those games against ranked teams if we hadn't lost some of the others.

It's just really fun to have a season I'm really enjoying again.

Will fer Heisman 2022!

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
If Georgia beats Alabama in Atlanta, Alabama won't go to the playoffs. Georgia might not make the playoffs if they lose substantially to Bama in Atlanta, may not if they lose at all since it's the end of the year. Recent loses count more.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Your first statement is correct. Your second is not. Georgia is in the playoff if their only loss is to Bama, even if it’s by 3 TD’s.

If Georgia beats Alabama in Atlanta, Alabama won't go to the playoffs. Georgia might not make the playoffs if they lose substantially to Bama in Atlanta, may not if they lose at all since it's the end of the year. Recent loses count more.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Sometimes I want to say would've should've could've but I'm so stoked for having three wins over ranked teams and being much better than I thought we would be coming into the season AND have an offense it keeps clicking when they don't stop themselves I just can't do it. Who knows we might not have one those games against ranked teams if we hadn't lost some of the others.

It's just really fun to have a season I'm really enjoying again.

Will fer Heisman 2022!

It's been a great season. I hate the way we lost Memphis and Arkie, but it's how you grow. I am all in with the Pirate's program and believe we've got some even greater seasons ahead.

But we really need to beat ole miss. Really.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If Georgia and Bama both make the playoff, the highest ranked remaining SEC team goes. At this point, I think that will be A&M, Ole Miss, or State.

With the ole miss win, they would be ranked higher in the CFP than us, even after we beat them in the egg bowl. Sugar is not an option.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login