Zach Arnett just agreed to terms to be head coach

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's risky but what's not.
I like arnett. Hope it works out.
seems like an emotional rushed decision though not waiting to see how he did in the bowl game.
too worried about losing players.
least experienced coach in the SEC now. This could be great or a big whoops.
Nothing is perfect except the words written in red and I'm not really sure if they are accurate or real.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Nothing is perfect except the words written in red and I'm not really sure if they are accurate or real.
Yeah you right. I'm just very nervous handing keys to biggest program in the biggest sport to inexperience coach after Moorhead. I would have preferred taking some time and looking at some guys with more power 5 coaching experience with winning records like leach was. We got him. Not sure why we couldn't pull another.

I really like Arnett, he's just very green as a head coach.

HotDiggityDawg

Dec 14, 2022
According to Pete Thamel. 4 year contractGuess

That was quick. He is a hell of a DC and I am glad he is sticking around. That should also help keep the team intact.

Glad we acted so quickly and so decisively. Hopefully we can bring in a good OC and keep things rolling.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Exactly. Stability, continuity. I mean signing day is like a week away plus the portal. Kids gotta know what they are signing up for. Your assistant coaches have families to support. If it is a train wreck next year we may have to make some changes but for now that's the right move

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
This is the only move that made sense.

It was going to be tough to hire a coach under these circumstances.
it was going to be tough to hire an AD under these circumstances.

Now the new coach won’t be seen as stepping on Leach’s memory and the new AD isn’t tied to the new football coach hire.

It’s the thing that has a chance to succeed.

was21

May 29, 2007
This is the only move that made sense.

It was going to be tough to hire a coach under these circumstances.
it was going to be tough to hire an AD under these circumstances.

Now the new coach won’t be seen as stepping on Leach’s memory and the new AD isn’t tied to the new football coach hire.

It’s the thing that has a chance to succeed.
...and that's why Mark Keenum is a very brilliant man.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Arnette is hardcore. He fits our historical identity of toughness and grit and he seems pretty intelligent. Plus he handed Kiffin’s azz to him on a platter. I think he will do well.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login