“Sources: LeBron James staying with Lakers on $104M deal” (Shocker)

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I’ve always liked LeBron but recent happenings make me smh. JJ being named coach is sacrilege; too many others have paid their dues and deserved a chance.

Bronny is a very good defender and his shot will only improve. If Lonzo Ball can improve his shot so can Bronny. But Bronny will look really bad before looking like anything approaching good. (Just like what happened with Lonzo Ball.)

Reactions: Bison13

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

“Dynomite!”, sez JJ Redick. Meanwhile, Dan Hurley is having a good chuckle back in Storrs.
I wonder what Jordan, Bird and Magic could have gotten!

Reactions: Ironman2

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I’ve always liked LeBron but recent happenings make me smh. JJ being named coach is sacrilege; too many others have paid their dues and deserved a chance.

Bronny is a very good defender and his shot will only improve. If Lonzo Ball can improve his shot so can Bronny. But Bronny will look really bad before looking like anything approaching good. (Just like what happened with Lonzo Ball.)

Bronny got a near $8mm/4yr deal - guess what last year’s same draft slot got?

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021

Probably a good comparison with ball and bronny; though ball is 6’6”, bronny is only 6’2”. Smurf in the nba.

Though I don’t get the uproar over this. The number one or two best player of all time, who made the franchise a billion plus dollars a year wants you to draft his kid last, pay him a meaningless salary, and sit him at the end of the bench. Call me the next time the 15th guy on the roster is the difference between the championship and second place.

Reactions: LionJim

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Isaiah Wong, one year two-way deal, probably around $550k.

Super Hero Disney GIF by Marvel Studios

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

JJ has two new assistants, Scott Brooks and Nate McMillan, good start, predictable.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Probably a good comparison with ball and bronny; though ball is 6’6”, bronny is only 6’2”. Smurf in the nba.

Though I don’t get the uproar over this. The number one or two best player of all time, who made the franchise a billion plus dollars a year wants you to draft his kid last, pay him a meaningless salary, and sit him at the end of the bench. Call me the next time the 15th guy on the roster is the difference between the championship and second place.
I actually don’t think Lonzo is a good comparison with Bronny. Once Lonzo fixed his shot he was on track to be a top-ten player, I think. Great passing skills, great court vision, a great defender, .400 3-pt percentage, he had it all. I don’t see Bronny as being a starter on a playoff team.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

I came upon this randomly, discusses the challenges smaller guards face. Trae Young is the only player 6’1” or smaller in the top fifty scorers.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
Already decided. By contract, Bronny counts against the Lakers 15 man roster limit whether he sits on their bench or plays for South Bay.
is that caused by some NBA rule or was this just a term in the contract? if it is a contract term is that a normal term in any contract for a player drafted 55? I thought most of those guys don't make the team at least initially.

I only saw Bronny once in a USC game and he did not even look like one of their best players. he looked like a player needing more time playing CBB or got to Europe or G league and play.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
is that caused by some NBA rule or was this just a term in the contract? if it is a contract term is that a normal term in any contract for a player drafted 55? I thought most of those guys don't make the team at least initially.

I only saw Bronny once in a USC game and he did not even look like one of their best players. he looked like a player needing more time playing CBB or got to Europe or G league and play.
NBA rule. He can/might be sent to the G league for playing time, but still counts against the 15 man roster.

NBA rules allow for an expansion of two for players under 50-50 contracts. Thus, a team could go to 17. In the Lakers case, if Bronny were sent down, the Lakers could only go to 16.

Latest posts