10 years ago today, “They don’t have any idea what’s about to take this field tonight.”

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
and so began the greatest (and most fun) 2 months in MSU football history. I had forgotten we had an open date the next week and the thing I was most proud of is we didn't immediately lay an egg in our first game as #1 (came damn close at KY). Ah, the good old days. Fun times indeed.

As part of finally dumping DTV I was cleaning out the DVR and ran across The Better Half, SEC Wives from 2014.
On Saturday, Sept. 27, College GameDay aired a seven-minute feature on the wives of nine head football coaches in the Southeastern Conference. Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 1 at 10:30 p.m. ET, the SEC Network will air a three-part series on Jen Bielema, Jill Freeze, Kristi Malzahn, Kathy Miles, Megan Mullen, Carol Muschamp, Kathryn Richt, Terri Saban and Jerri Spurrier.
Not surprising, but not a single coach still there.

A young Dak
1726843844021.png

RIP Bear
1726843948311.png
1726844144490.png

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why can't we all agree that those uniforms should be our base ones? I have no problem switching things up from time to time, I mean we don't really have tradition so why not, based on whatever event/occasion it may be. But those were easily our best uniforms, and worn by probably our best team.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This team we have now is just night and day different from that one. Go back and watch closely the tackling, the blocking, the overall effort. That team gave a damn and it showed

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Why can't we all agree that those uniforms should be our base ones? I have no problem switching things up from time to time, I mean we don't really have tradition so why not, based on whatever event/occasion it may be. But those were easily our best uniforms, and worn by probably our best team.

That M-State on the pants is a yuge NOPE

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
That was a great night......the MSU crowd in the south endzone never sat down all night except during commercials. I waited 14 years to see what an empty Tiger Stadium looked like at night.

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
And what amazes me is how some fans just crap all over Dan Mullen. He's the best coach since Allen McKeen. Have never understood the hate for him. He stayed here 9 years. That's the average life of a coach at a school (with a very few exceptions). He ought to be given a standing ovation every time he comes back.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The most fun I have ever had at a football game. Felt all offseason like we had a real chance to win. Did not expect us to bash their brains in for 3.5 quarters. My “holy crap this is happening” moment was when we were up 14-0 and J-Rob breaks off a 60+ yard run into their red zone. Think we settled for a field goal there but at 17-0 I felt like we had it.

That said…. If LSU scores on the last second Hail Mary….. it would have been arguably the most painful loss in our history. I still cannot believe we let that game get iffy at the end.

Reactions: skydawg1

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
And what amazes me is how some fans just crap all over Dan Mullen. He's the best coach since Allen McKeen. Have never understood the hate for him. He stayed here 9 years. That's the average life of a coach at a school (with a very few exceptions). He ought to be given a standing ovation every time he comes back.
I agree he was the best in our lifetime. The only real issue with Mullen (and I’ve seen this repeated numerous other places) is that it always felt like he was interviewing for his next gig. That’s aggravating, but ultimately fine when you’re winning. When you start looking checked out late in the season and start dropping Egg Bowls and bowl games while it’s being reported that you’re in Miami on an interview the week before, then yeah, there’s some justifiable consternation there.

Dan was a great coach for us though.