2022 - 2023 Premier League Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Rebecca Lowe -- I've always enjoyed her job on the set. However, she's no longer a GOAT to me. In the segment after the Leicester - Crystal Palace game, they showed a sign that said "Rebecca Lowe has to eat a cheesesteak." She commented that there was no way that was ever happening ... they weren't her cup of tea. @rudedude, the lady doesn't know what she's missing.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Rebecca Lowe -- I've always enjoyed her job on the set. However, she's no longer a GOAT to me. In the segment after the Leicester - Crystal Palace game, they showed a sign that said "Rebecca Lowe has to eat a cheesesteak." She commented that there was no way that was ever happening ... they weren't her cup of tea. @rudedude, the lady doesn't know what she's missing.
Rebecca would “gobble” our cheese steaks! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@rudedude -- that's what I get for missing part of the show this morning. The first part is what I reported on (part of it; not all of the segment). But it also appears that she did eat one later.

Reactions: rudedude

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
So with this Fan Fest, there’s no actual EPL match in Philly?
No. The only time you see games in the U S is in the summer with International Challenge pre season games. Went to one in Newark at Red Bulls Stadium a few years ago: Spurs vs Roma. That was cool as they had all kinds of exhibits etc.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The Liverpool - Man C. match is riveting. Just some amazing talent on both sides. Still scoreless thru 69 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
The Liverpool - Man C. match is riveting. Just some amazing talent on both sides. Still scoreless thru 69 minutes.
Weird match. It’s 0-0 at 72’, but there could have been four goals since halftime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Salah in the 75th minute!!!!

1-0, Liverpool

Liverpool's GK with an assist, as his punt after a save sent Salah in.

Unbelievable

From the Fan Fest:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
lol, Klopp got a red card.

he very likely went too far in his comments to the AR. But Klopp was right to challenge him. Salah got dragged down right in front of the AR, and the center depends on their AR to call those things, but the AR did not raise his flag.

The refs are on com units, and we don't know what was said between them. It's possible that the center told him to keep his flag down, though that's hard to believe.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I have to say that this is one of the roughest, chippiest matches I’ve seen. Wow, the hatred is palpable.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I have to say that this is one of the roughest, chippiest matches I’ve seen. Wow, the hatred is palpable.

Quite palpable.

Often when things are this chippy the center ref will reel things in, and call the game tighter. However, with the exception of the hold and drag down of Salah a few minutes ago, the center ref has called everything that should have been called (that I saw; I missed the 1st half), and has handed out quite a few cards. Some times, no matter what a ref does, the players will play chippy.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
champions league football GIF by BT Sport

How you like me now?????

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
So he didn't want to play in the last game so the punishment is to not play him? Harsh.
He'll be gone soon enough and for all of the great things he did at United he's only ruining his own legacy by acting like a spoiled child. He doesn't run or work back as he is too good for that. United were dumb as they should have let him go to City as they could have paid him 500k a week to sit there too. Hopefully he goes back Portugal in January and rides out gracefully there into sunset while some other manager has to overpay him for a guy that just wants to hang out offsides and take PK's. Father time caught up to him and he's in denial.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This weekend's TV schedule:

Saturday
7:30 am EDT -- Nottingham Forest vs. Liverpool (USA Network)
10:00 am EDT -- Man C. vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Everton vs. Crystal Palace (USA Network)
12:30 pm EDT -- Chelsea vs. Man U

Sunday
9:00 am EDT -- Aston Villa vs. Brentford (Peacock)
9:00 am EDT -- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Leicester C (USA Network)
9:00 am EDT -- Leeds U vs. Fulham (CNBC)
9:00 am EDT -- Southampton vs. Arsenal (Peacock)
11:30 am EDT -- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle U (USA Network)

Reactions: Alphabets
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login