2023 Battle for the Golden Egg Game Thread

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That third down play was such pu$$y schitt. It’s like we were just setting up for the field goal. And then we freaking missed it.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Not a soul in that stadium that has a problem going all in on scoring a TD there. We could have at least taken one shot. I still go for it on 4th and 1. Fake the kick. Something. We aren't winning this game in a FG contest

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Offensive line is like the defense. Last year under Miller they were good and in the egg bowl pretty nasty. 4/5 returned. This is coaching.

Defense has the personnel to be as good as they are playing tonight. It’s coaching

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
you have to run it on that 3rd down play - that’s the right call

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
My 5 year old just watched the missed field goal, turned to me, shrugged and said “well he tried his best” then went back to his room to play legos. My soul just left my body and I’m about to go play legos.
I think that outlook, and legos would be a solid choice. Much better than me bitching on the forums and binge drinking.

Reactions: blitz2Win

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
you have to run it on that 3rd down play - that’s the right call
Why is it the right call? Even if we convert it, we’ve only got 20 seconds and one timeout to try and score a touchdown from about the 20 yard line. It’s like we were just trying to set up the field goal on that drive with a freshman kicker. It backfired.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Why is it the right call? Even if we convert it, we’ve only got 20 seconds and one timeout to try and score a touchdown from about the 20 yard line. It’s like we were just trying to set up the field goal on that drive with a freshman kicker. It backfired.
Agree. At that point we were playing for a field goal and by the time we lined up for it we were close enough to have made it. Offense and OC did a good enough but not great job there.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Stadium looks like it had emptied out. Probably gonna get blowed out in the 2nd half

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Well, if you had told me before the game we could go in at the half down by 3, I would have taken it. The offense has been bad, but that was the best half of football the defense has played all year.
Only problem now is that since we all clearly saw the offense improve as soon as we went to quick pass hurry up playcalling, the only thing we can logically expect is to entirely abandon this to start the 2nd half

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Only problem now is that we all clearly saw the offense improve as soon as we went to quick pass hurry up playcalling, the only thing we can logically expect is to entirely abandon this to start the 2nd half
Expect more stuffed run plays.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Only problem now is that we all clearly saw the offense improve as soon as we went to quick pass hurry up playcalling, the only thing we can logically expect is to entirely abandon this to start the 2nd half
I fully expect Barbay to be writhing on a white board in the locker room about running up the middle 3 times with the playclock at 2 on each snap to start the 2nd half.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023

Makes you wonder what would happened if we didn’t change the offense and kept the old coaches

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Barbay's scheme might start working in the second half. Also Jeff Bezos might decide to give me a billion dollars out of the goodness of his heart.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Lol at the most ole miss reaction ever by Walton. Give up the 1st down conversion but go wild because you got a good lick in

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login