2023 Week 1 Game Thread - Coach Zach Arnett Debut

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I didn't particularly appreciate bringing Wright in for a couple plays in the first half. That got Will out of his rhythm, and he never got back in it. You have to let the quarterback play the entire series or leave them on the damn bench.
Putting will at receiver feels like you are playing with 10 instead of 11. Not worth it. What’s the purpose? Maybe once this season we lateral to Will on a trick play?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reactions: JoeSchmedlap

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've seen both the 'trick' plays already from watching App State tape.
That may be what's wrong with Will because he made a couple of good hard throws on that drive that fizzled out because of our playcalling. WTH were we calling there at the end of the drive?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We still don't have any defense on the outside of the ball. All you have to do is run a sweep.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We tried that for three years and a lot of our fans didn’t like it.
I'm just saying adjust the offense to what you are doing on the field. We aren't running much outside. That's marks strength. This is like Holloway up the middle. Marks isn't Dixon

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I'm just saying adjust the offense to what you are doing on the field. We aren't running much outside. That's marks strength. This is like Holloway up the middle. Marks isn't Dixon
I think it grew on fans. Many would have been happier with maybe 6-8 more run attempts per game. Losing Dylan isn't helpful. He ran hard.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
If today isn't a Leach hangover we can kiss the bowl streak goodbye. This is no bueno

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
More wright and Pittman. This offense if this is what we are running are better with them. Marks is okay. Will just a gimmick air raid guy

Reactions: JoeSchmedlap

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
If Wright ends up starting over Will this year, that's a problem. That says we've installed a new system that doesn't suit one of best QB's in State history and one who has led the team to 3 bowl games. Wright looks like he needs to play more in this game though.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
If Wright ends up starting over Will this year, that's a problem. That says we've installed a new system that doesn't suit one of best QB's in State history and one who has led the team to 3 bowl games. Wright looks like he needs to play more in this game though.
Will has the best stats, but he’s a mediocre QB. The vast majority of his throws are screens. He’s subpar going downfield.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
How many more screens does Will need to throw to say we arent wasting him?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login