2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Thanks, I figured as much. Really a shame to let this thread die, from a historical perspective if nothing else. Especially over some nonsense, but that's just my opinion.
@KingWard is accurate and kind.

The originator very rarely contributed and yet claimed that all the success was due to him. When he did contribute over the last 18 months, it was posts that were racist or continually trolling by extolling the virtures of Caitlin Clark in a dog whistle manner. He was called out on this and asked to stop. He told us In essence to eff off, he actually said “It’s MY thread, I will not be silenced!” No one asked him to leave, just stop being a racist jacka$$.

As I said, he rarely showed up but when he did he roiled the thread for days. I was asked by many posters in this thread to start another. These requests came over a year long period. King Ward can attest to this. I demured. After his last troll, regular posters (more than 5 less than 15) contacted me and said they were quitting the thread, that it just wasn’t worth it.

I contacted them and I said that I would start a new thread on TIF. I sought their advice on how to proceed, Shoe was even contacted to let him know, seek his approval and advice. So May 29 we started.

I too have sad feelings about leaving this thread. It chronicles a long stretch of WBB History and the posters love of the Gamecock Women. It should kept around for history. I miss KingWard, Conway Cock and others who are only on FGF. They were key in this threads success. If I had the money I would pay their membership but I don’t.

The originator however actually paid money and joined TIF to lurk and read the material🤣🤣🤣. He even posted once at like 3am. It was a garbage racist post that he was hoping would stay up long enough to drop a turd in the punch bowl. But alas one of our late night readers saw it and reported it. It was removed in under 10 minutes.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
@KingWard is accurate and kind.

The originator very rarely contributed and yet claimed that all the success was due to him. When he did contribute over the last 18 months, it was posts that were racist or continually trolling by extolling the virtures of Caitlin Clark in a dog whistle manner. He was called out on this and asked to stop. He told us In essence to eff off, he actually said “It’s MY thread, I will not be silenced!” No one asked him to leave, just stop being a racist jacka$$.

As I said, he rarely showed up but when he did he roiled the thread for days. I was asked by many posters in this thread to start another. These requests came over a year long period. King Ward can attest to this. I demured. After his last troll, regular posters (more than 5 less than 15) contacted me and said they were quitting the thread, that it just wasn’t worth it.

I contacted them and I said that I would start a new thread on TIF. I sought their advice on how to proceed, Shoe was even contacted to let him know, seek his approval and advice. So May 29 we started.

I too have sad feelings about leaving this thread. It chronicles a long stretch of WBB History and the posters love of the Gamecock Women. It should kept around for history. I miss KingWard, Conway Cock and others who are only on FGF. They were key in this threads success. If I had the money I would pay their membership but I don’t.

The originator however actually paid money and joined TIF to lurk and read the material🤣🤣🤣. He even posted once at like 3am. It was a garbage racist post that he was hoping would stay up long enough to drop a turd in the punch bowl. But alas one of our late night readers saw it and reported it. It was removed in under 10 minutes.
Thank you and sincerest best wishes.

My absence from the TIF is part of a long-standing philosophy regarding subscription-type expenditures, which are an insidious part of life on the internet today.

But as to the internet, they even reach into the area of security, not to mention "premium" content related to news and sports. Although, I'm able to afford these things, my business training is feeding my reluctance.

I'm certain there are many stimulating discussions on TIF, but with respect to sports-related information, I can wait an extra day or two to find stuff out that pertains to games.

@winloseortie, I wish you well, and also certain others to whom it may apply.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Thank you and sincerest best wishes.

My absence from the TIF is part of a long-standing philosophy regarding subscription-type expenditures, which are an insidious part of life on the internet today.

But as to the internet, they even reach into the area of security, not to mention "premium" content related to news and sports. Although, I'm able to afford these things, my business training is feeding my reluctance.

I'm certain there are many stimulating discussions on TIF, but with respect to sports-related information, I can wait an extra day or two to find stuff out that pertains to games.

@winloseortie, I wish you well, and also certain others to whom it may apply.
I get it.But I miss your discussion on WBB. I ditched cable and went to streaming services 15 years ago. HOWEVER there is always streaming creep, you end up with 25 subscriptions that all are on a different 30 day cycle. I limit to 3, add one drop one. If there is a book I want to read, library, so what if I’m on a 3 month waiting list.

Reactions: KingWard

warriorcock

Jan 22, 2022
I get it.But I miss your discussion on WBB. I ditched cable and went to streaming services 15 years ago. HOWEVER there is always streaming creep, you end up with 25 subscriptions that all are on a different 30 day cycle. I limit to 3, add one drop one. If there is a book I want to read, library, so what if I’m on a 3 month waiting list.
Thanks for the explanation. It's been my experience that a paywall doesn't necessarily always eliminate that kind of stuff, but I can appreciate the position you were put in with trying to deal with all this. It's unfortunate this happened, but I certainly wish you all the best. I always enjoyed your posts.

Apr 5, 2022
And I thought this was due to the off-season :-(

I appreciate that a lot of thought went into it, but at first sight it is hard to understand. For starters, it seems a bit strange to me to give so much attention to one person... at some stage some people need to just be ignored.

The more pressing question though, why not just start a new thread here for 2024-25? There actually was one but it got locked. It's great to have such a long and old thread. But that is so meta. The sucject matter ist so much bigger than that.

Is there any real reason though to have this behind a paywall? The result is that you get more and better info and discussion on the boneyard than here... frankly, that seems a bit embarrasing....

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
And I thought this was due to the off-season :-(

I appreciate that a lot of thought went into it, but at first sight it is hard to understand. For starters, it seems a bit strange to me to give so much attention to one person... at some stage some people need to just be ignored.

The more pressing question though, why not just start a new thread here for 2024-25? There actually was one but it got locked. It's great to have such a long and old thread. But that is so meta. The sucject matter ist so much bigger than that.

Is there any real reason though to have this behind a paywall? The result is that you get more and better info and discussion on the boneyard than here... frankly, that seems a bit embarrasing....
Why not start a rival new thread on FGF?

Sorry, just not going to invest any more time in a Pi$$ing contest with a narcissistic racist. His behavior drove this move. He actually taunted me to start my own thread and accused me of being the problem. Said me and my “squad” were driving readers away. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Ask him why we can’t have nice things on FGF. Also the moderators do an erratic job of seeing that FGF abides by no politics rule. For some reason they police TIF much stricter, probably because those people pay.

As to The Boneyard, I lurk and read there often. I like their content. I never comment, not my team’s board not my place.

Embarrassing? What’s more embarrassing, being behind a paywall? Or having a ranting, racist, narcissist as the rep of your free board?

Of course the boneyard has more conversation. Thirty five years of basketball excellence will do that. They have a national fan base, they police their board from the “oh they’re not men” crowd that only comes to troll. I’m happy you are getting your fix and info there

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
Why not start a rival new thread on FGF?

Sorry, just not going to invest any more time in a Pi$$ing contest with a narcissistic racist. His behavior drove this move. He actually taunted me to start my own thread and accused me of being the problem. Said me and my “squad” were driving readers away. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Ask him why we can’t have nice things on FGF. Also the moderators do an erratic job of seeing that FGF abides by no politics rule. For some reason they police TIF much stricter, probably because those people pay.

As to The Boneyard, I lurk and read there often. I like their content. I never comment, not my team’s board not my place.

Embarrassing? What’s more embarrassing, being behind a paywall? Or having a ranting, racist, narcissist as the rep of your free board?

Of course the boneyard has more conversation. Thirty five years of basketball excellence will do that. They have a national fan base, they police their board from the “oh they’re not men” crowd that only comes to troll. I’m happy you are getting your fix and info there
What a kick in the teeth hearing of this unfortunate turn of events. I was thinking it was because of the offseason as well but should have known better. I am with King on the subscription based services.....old school I guess. I may have to reconsider because I really do miss the banter and knowledge shared by some of you women's b-ball junkies. TIF needs to give you a commission!!!

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I am sort of the mindset of King when it comes to subscriptions. However, I am going to make an exception on this one. I am coming over before the start of the season. Sad to see the highlight of FGF moving over, but that was fun except for one person. Sadly he is not alone. Saw a guy accuse the Men's Olympic Basketball Committee of DEI on Social Media the other day. SMH.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Cardoso continues to pick up endorsements. She deserves it.

I guess I'm a minority opinion here, but I don't believe the Sky as a great situation. I don't blame Marina Mabry for getting out of there. But I hope I'm wrong. Cardoso is one of my favorite Gamecock players of all-time; I want to see her team to succeed and her to be happy.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023

I guess I'm a minority opinion here, but I don't believe the Sky as a great situation. I don't blame Marina Mabry for getting out of there. But I hope I'm wrong. Cardoso is one of my favorite Gamecock players of all-time; I want to see her team to succeed and her to be happy.

I don't see the Sky as a terrible situation. They need to draft a good lead guard to get them organized. However, Cardoso's issue seems that it will be that Angel Reese is a more dominant personality than her, and whether right or wrong, they are building the team around her.

YankeeRooster

Nov 29, 2022
I hope Kamilla does well. Reese and Carter, I'll pass on watching. Most American's have no desire to watch those 2 play. Not good if you have young children watching either as both lack sportsmanship and knowledge of the English language.
No end to your ignorance.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

I'm completely good with Cardoso prospering amazingly.

cockyclt

Sep 22, 2022

I agree. Cardoso and Reese together is a terrible match. There's just no spacing. Cardoso worked well with Kitts this past year because Kitts has such a great midrange shot and that helped space the floor. That is what Cardoso needs and she won't get it with Reese.

Cardoso would play much better with Isabelle Harrison, but the Sky seems a lot more concerned with Reese's ROY campaign and her double-double records than putting Cardoso in a good situation. So the Sky pretty much just plays Angel the entire game with Harrison subbing in for Cardoso. So I doubt we'll see much of the two of them together in the second half of the season. Hope I am proven wrong. I love Cardoso and want to see her do well.

Reactions: DarkCock

Latest posts