2024 Eagles Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
smh

I feel bad for Reddick, in that he knows this is likely to be his last big contract, and he wants to be paid commensurate with the stats he's put up over the past 4 seasons.

That said, the Birds were very careful about not saying much about Reddick. There's little question (at least to me) that their DE situation is not as good without Reddick. And with all the talent they have assembled, you'd think they'd want to maintain or strengthen any position group. The fact that they traded Hassan, who also grew up in the Philadelphia region, made it clear to me that they knew they were so far apart contract wise that Howie and crew determined that they were never going to get a contract signed with Hassan Reddick.

Reactions: s1uggo72

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Here's the article via its URL, and not via Twitter:

The Cliff Notes version:

- Becton only played OT as a Jet
- Jeff Stoutland had an idea that despite his size (6'7", 365 lbs.) he might be a candidate for guard, though that wasn't an expectation on either side when he signed
- Steen started preseason as the RG, but when he got injured Becton filled in, and when Steen returned, Becton remained as the 1st team RG
- the challenge of playing guard at his size is staying low so DTs can't get under the guard
- Becton is enjoying the change of position, and also the challenge of learning it
- Stoutland University continues
Thks Tom

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
smh

I feel bad for Reddick, in that he knows this is likely to be his last big contract, and he wants to be paid commensurate with the stats he's put up over the past 4 seasons.

That said, the Birds were very careful about not saying much about Reddick. There's little question (at least to me) that their DE situation is not as good without Reddick. And with all the talent they have assembled, you'd think they'd want to maintain or strengthen any position group. The fact that they traded Hassan, who also grew up in the Philadelphia region, made it clear to me that they knew they were so far apart contract wise that Howie and crew determined that they were never going to get a contract signed with Hassan Reddick.

Yeah. It's a fascinating story. I wonder the type of contract figures Reddick's camp was throwing out? My guess is $30 million a year is the floor there after Nick Bosa's extension.

In terms of sheer sack production, he's been underpaid. But we don't know how he's viewed as an all-around defender. And if the stories about him roaming outside the scheme last year in search of sack production are true...

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
Wow, this is a shocking surprise and I absolutely love it! Young man is coming home!

Latest posts