2024 Eagles Thread

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I wonder why they make this trade without the division. Doesn’t seem like WAS made out very good with this one.
TBD here, but I share your questions. He was a top 15 pick two years ago for a team with a rookie QB in need of WR options. Why couldn’t Dotson win the WR3 job in that dynamic?

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
That’s really the only explanation that makes sense only it doesn’t make sense given his production. Puzzling
He had a decent rookie year, but took a step back last year. He's appeared to fall down the depth chart this fall with the new coaching staff, and was splitting time in the slot with a rookie. Appears that Dyami Brown took Dotson's starting spot on the outside. I hope that a change of scenery could be a good thing for him.

Whart

Oct 8, 2021

Another smart move by Howie. JD just entering his prime years. Reasonable contract that can be extended based on production. Mostly an upside deal….fairly low risk etc. Given that we have several ( less experienced)slot guys injured at the moment ….this makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Another smart move by Howie. JD just entering his prime years. Reasonable contract that can be extended based on production. Mostly an upside deal….fairly low risk etc. Given that we have several ( less experienced)slot guys injured at the moment ….this makes a lot of sense.
as I said days ago.....

Reactions: Whart

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

Dotson underperformed with Washington, no other way to say it. I wish him well, good guy, played hard, never complained, typical Penn Stater in that regard. He had a terrible spell of the drops for a time last year, totally a mental issue.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Although, maybe not after the end of last season, but still funny

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
That’s exactly what needs to happen. And early in the season.

it's hard to know how much of an issue this is with Hurts. It was evident during the downward spiral at the end of the season that most Ds opposing the Birds were blitzing Hurts left and right.

Preseason practices are tough to gauge anything on, but there did appear to be a lot of situational practices where the Birds' D was blitzing Hurts. And from the press reports, sometimes he was touched by a defender (all they were doing in practice) and other times he was burning the D with quick passes.

With the starting O basically not playing in any of the preseason games, Birds' fans and opposing D coordinators are left not really knowing how the Birds/Hurts will do in blitzes this season. I'd be stunned if the Birds weren't more than ready to handle blitzes by opposing Ds, but only time will tell.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
it's hard to know how much of an issue this is with Hurts. It was evident during the downward spiral at the end of the season that most Ds opposing the Birds were blitzing Hurts left and right.

Preseason practices are tough to gauge anything on, but there did appear to be a lot of situational practices where the Birds' D was blitzing Hurts. And from the press reports, sometimes he was touched by a defender (all they were doing in practice) and other times he was burning the D with quick passes.

With the starting O basically not playing in any of the preseason games, Birds' fans and opposing D coordinators are left not really knowing how the Birds/Hurts will do in blitzes this season. I'd be stunned if the Birds weren't more than ready to handle blitzes by opposing Ds, but only time will tell.
My hunch is the Barkley signing was in large part to combat this. You get the ball in Saquon’s hands with six defenders past the line and it’s lights out.

Latest posts