2024 Eagles Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Oof. I fear they’re gonna get boat raced out of The Superdome today. This defense is a major problem and Roob is right to be asking questions about all the draft capital used to build it.

the lack of production from the high draft picks on D is a serious concern. They’re young, so the situation could improve for each of them. If it doesn’t, the team is doomed for some time as even with their O, they’ll be struggling to win games due to their D.

I don’t have a good feeling about the Saints game. But several of the beat writers for the Birds have either picked the Birds to defeat the Saints, or for it to be a Saints win by a narrow margin. We’ll find out today how accurate or inaccurate those predictions are.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestSideLion

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
the lack of production from the high draft picks on D is a serious concern. They’re young, so the situation could improve for each of them. If it doesn’t, the team is doomed for some time as even with their O, they’ll be struggling to win games due to their D.

I don’t have a good feeling about the Saints game. But several of the best writers for the Birds have either picked the Birds to defeat the Saints, or for it to be a Saints win by a narrow margin. We’ll find out today how accurate or inaccurate those predictions are.
Well we’ll find out here soon. What we have

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
It might bring joy to those on this thread that the city of Dallas is in full meltdown this morning... Micah is in rare form, blaming everyone else for trying to play "hero" while he himself is the worst offender. You might see The Hoodie on the sidelines before to long.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It might bring joy to those on this thread that the city of Dallas is in full meltdown this morning... Micah is in rare form, blaming everyone else for trying to play "hero" while he himself is the worst offender. You might see The Hoodie on the sidelines before to long.

we (Eagles' fans) are rarely unaware of the situation with the Cowpokes. It was fun to watch the Pokes look so inept against the Ravens in yesterday's game. (I should note that I didn't watch the end of the game, as I switched to the Phillies, and it appears that the Pokes did rally a bit.) The Pokes also looked pretty bad against the Saints, though they surprised me by winning their opening game against Cleveland.

Fortunately for the Pokes, the Giants are next on their schedule.

And the endless pics on TV of a befuddled Jerry Jones after a bad play by the Pokes are always enjoyable. :ROFLMAO:

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I thought I would post this since there has been so much consternation on analytics. As I suspected, Nick is likely going off script with his decision making. Perhaps the Eagles analytics are saying something different, but he went against the ESPN analytics on 3 occasions. I also heard this confirmed on VSIN using another analytics source (can't recall which). And yes, the ESPN analytics told him to kick the FG at the end of the 1st half.

We can debate the merits of analytics (let's not in this post), but I think we all agree that Nick has been making terrible decisions.

1727193424743.png

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I thought I would post this since there has been so much consternation on analytics. As I suspected, Nick is likely going off script with his decision making. Perhaps the Eagles analytics are saying something different, but he went against the ESPN analytics on 3 occasions. I also heard this confirmed on VSIN using another analytics source (can't recall which). And yes, the ESPN analytics told him to kick the FG at the end of the 1st half.

We can debate the merits of analytics (let's not in this post), but I think we all agree that Nick has been making terrible decisions.

View attachment 656917
Not just a bad decision but doubling and tripling down on it.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

View attachment 656917
Nick needs to get out of his own head. This team can only rely on having more talent than opponents for so long and with Hurts' seeming tendency to turn the ball over at high rates (may be a function of scheme and play calls), they can't afford to lose more expected win rate % on poor coaching decisions.

Eagles fans keep waiting for the team to put things together and play a complete game, but this may be who they are at this point. 2022 may have been an outlier that they keep trying to recreate.

Reactions: s1uggo72

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Nick needs to get out of his own head. This team can only rely on having more talent than opponents for so long and with Hurts' seeming tendency to turn the ball over at high rates (may be a function of scheme and play calls), they can't afford to lose more expected win rate % on poor coaching decisions.

Eagles fans keep waiting for the team to put things together and play a complete game, but this may be who they are at this point. 2022 may have been an outlier that they keep trying to recreate.
I really think he's trying to go 'big balls', a la Dan Campbell. If the analytics are close (within a percent), he's going for it or attempting a FG when he should be punting.

It's a long season and teams can change dramatically. Plenty of time to get it together. The defense has been the main concern and they took a big step up vs the Saints. If Nick can manage games better and Hurts cuts down on the TOs, they will be fine. I'd rather start slow and finish strong, unlike last year.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
For some reason I root for this guy

This dude is the embodiment of Philly Tough. Undrafted, started on the P squad, worked his way to being one of the best PR in the league, to bring one of hurts’ most trustworthy receivers, all (and this is the important part) with a smile on his face and a willingness to do whatever the team needs. Dude also catches damn near everything thrown at him, and had a 97yd KR TD against tOSU in ‘21 with over 200 AP yards, AND OH BY THE WAY took 2 years off of football to do a mission to Chile with the LDS.

He’s one of my all time favorite low-key eagles players. So low key in fact, that he was denied entrance to the players parking lot at one point by the staff. And handled it with a smile on his face.

love this guy