2024 Phillies Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Castellanos and most of the hitters on this team are really struggling with pitchers they should be bombing. Castellanos really needs to go, he just plain blows.

PS: Phillies suck vs Marlins and this has been going on for years.

he certainly can frustrate fans at times with his offense. But your comment is on a day where he's 3 for 4, with 3 RBIs, thru 6 innings. The Fightins have scored 5 runs so far, so he's had a pretty positive impact on the game, offensively.

Reactions: Shadow99

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
he certainly can frustrate fans at times with his offense. But your comment is on a day where he's 3 for 4, with 3 RBIs, thru 6 innings. The Fightins have scored 5 runs so far, so he's had a pretty positive impact on the game, offensively.
He whiffed with the bases loaded and could have had a helluva lot more than 3 RBI’s. He and Turner have some of the worst approaches and swings. Too loping, not compact.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
He whiffed with the bases loaded and could have had a helluva lot more than 3 RBI’s. He and Turner have some of the worst approaches and swings. Too loping, not compact.

certainly the AB with the bases loaded was frustrating. But that's like complaining about the WR that drops the ball on a 3rd down in the 1st qtr, even though he gets 100 yards on the day and leads his team to victory.

someone hitting .333 would be at or near the league leaders. And they still would be only getting a hit 3 times out of every 9 ABs, meaning they had failed 2/3 of the time. That's just the way baseball is.

You may not like Casty's swing, or Turner's swing, and there are plenty of times that they are frustrating. The Fightins left a lot of runners on base today, but they scored runs. Casty drove in 3 of them and went 4 for 5. Turner drove in the last 2, which enabled the Phils to come from behind and win the game.

Big picture: Turner is a good hitter, and has great speed. He covers a lot of ground as a SS, but makes more errors than most folks would like. Casty is a streaky hitter. When he's bad, he is atrocious. And he's not fast, yet he catches most balls that are within range of him in RF. There are certainly better right fielders, but he's what we have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keyser Soze 16802

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
When they hit deep into Casty’s corner, the first TV shot of him chasing the ball looks like a beer league bro. But somehow he gets it done. I love the guy

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Was on my way here to post this. The team has such good chemistry.

Yeah, I love seeing that stuff. I really want this team to get that WS this year. With next year being Schwab’s final contract year, I want them to get this done with him still here. Maybe he gives the Phils a discount, but at 20 million currently, it’s hard for me to see him coming back in 2026.

He’s a hell of a leader and great clubhouse guy. I want him to get another ring.

psuvinnieb121

May 3, 2022
Yeah, I love seeing that stuff. I really want this team to get that WS this year. With next year being Schwab’s final contract year, I want them to get this done with him still here. Maybe he gives the Phils a discount, but at 20 million currently, it’s hard for me to see him coming back in 2026.

He’s a hell of a leader and great clubhouse guy. I want him to get another ring.
Schwabs drives me crazy when all we need is a single and he swing for the fence, but I would run through a wall for him and MV3.