2024 Phillies Thread

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Bucs 4-2 (.667) vs Phillies this season and 16-11 (.593) vs NL East. They're only 15-14 (.517) vs Central. Maybe Nutting can ask to move to East for next season. They'd probably be in 1st place. :LOL:. Pirates have now won 6 in a row.
animal-house-john-belushi.gif

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The Buccos are starting a lefty, so Marsh, Stott, and Rojas are not in the lineup. In addition, Stubbs is in for JT (kind of makes sense, as you want to easy JT back in after the knee surgery).

Hopefully, today's lineup will do well. The Fightins have left too many in scoring position this series.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Bravos lost Ozzie Albies for two months (wrist) and put Fried on IL.

The Albies injury (a left wrist fracture) was pretty unusual. The play was a runner (Michael Siani) attempting to steal second. The throw was to the 1st base side of the bag, by a good bit. Albies came off the bag and while reaching his glove to catch the ball, his glove got hung up on the runner's shoulder. He'll be out @ eight weeks.

Fried's injury doesn't seem as bad, though arm injuries are always a concern with pitchers. He was placed on the 15-day injured list, retroactive to Thursday. The injury is reportedly a left forearm neuritis. The Braves' manager indicated Fried felt discomfort while stretching before pitching in the All-Star Game, and still felt it two days later, so they did a MRI on Friday. Snitker (the manager) indicated the MRI didn't show anything serious, so they're just putting him on the IR to give him a little rest until he's asymptomatic.

It's rare that a contending team doesn't suffer some injuries during the baseball season. That said, the Braves do seem to have suffered more than the average number of injuries, especially to key players.

Last edited:

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
The Albies injury (a left wrist fracture) was pretty unusual. The play was a runner (Michael Siani) attempting to steal second. The throw was to the 1st base side of the bag, by a good bit. Albies came off the bag and while reaching his glove to catch the ball, his glove got hung up on the runners shoulder. He'll be out @ eight weeks.

Fried's injury doesn't seem as bad, though arm injuries are always a concern with pitchers. He was placed on the 15-day injured list, retroactive to Thursday. The injury is reportedly a left forearm neuritis. The Braves' manager indicated Fried felt discomfort while stretching before pitching in the All-Star Game, and still felt it two days later, so they did a MRI on Friday. Snitker (the manager) indicated the MRI didn't show anything serious, so they're just putting him on the IR to give him a little rest until he's asymptomatic.

It's rare that a contending team doesn't suffer some injuries during the baseball season. That said, the Braves do seem to have suffered more than the average number of injuries, especially to key players.

Somewhere, @Whart is celebrating tonight.

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Somewhere, @Whart is celebrating tonight.

Nope…..my wish is for the Phil’s to beat the Braves with both squads being as close to full strength as possible. A win is a win….but just a bit sweeter with both squads at their best. I don’t celebrate injuries ……not my style.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Sorry but I don't know where else to put this without a new thread. The Braves obviously have a black cloud over them this season.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I guess there are questions about Walker, and whether the rookie can keep pitching well as Walker's replacement. Still, starting pitching additions would be way behind OF help and relief pitching help, in terms of things I think the team needs as we approach the trade deadline.

Reactions: Shadow99