2024 Phillies Thread

Dec 14, 2021
Most frustrating loss in a long time or maybe I'm just in a bad mood. 99 mph fastball doesn't mean much if you can't throw a strike. Stott & Marsh really struggling. Stott looks like he has "jack fever." Needs to go back to hitting to the allleys. Marsh either hurt or lost confidence or both. 13 strikeouts as a team in a bullpen game.

Reactions: PSUAVLNC

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021

I’m not so sure this is a “no brainer”. The Phillies have some interesting prospects given that they are locked in the infield for the window they have. Crawford is one prospect that actually could slot into the team’s longer range plans in CF if Rojas doesn’t develop. I always look at the prospect’s age relative to his level and how he is performing. Crawford has been 2-3 years younger than the average for most levels he’s played at so far.

Robert has really struggled this year relative to his AS year last year. Injured but his K rate is alarming and his average has been abysmal. I think there will be a lot of conversations if this has legs. I still think a big bullpen piece is priority 1 for this team and if Bellinger is a possibility, I think I’d be more inclined to go that route if it costs less.

Last edited:

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Kimbrel was good for us. I think a lot of people would take him over Alvarado and Soto right now.

psuvinnieb121

May 3, 2022
Who do we prefer here? I like the Thomas and Finnegan idea. I would also like to get Scott if possible too. I don't trust JA at this time.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
This is the type of outfield upgrade that makes sense, IMO. I hate the idea of giving up "plus" prospects for a CF who is batting .220 this year. We saw that years ago with Hunter Pence who was a good player, but not the piece to put them over the top. IMO, you don't give up primo prospects for anything less than a bonafide difference maker.

Reactions: Shadow99

psuvinnieb121

May 3, 2022
I like the fact that we gave up zero prospects for this and got rid of Pache who we were probably going go release. A little sad to see SD leave, but he needed a change of scenery.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
This is the type of outfield upgrade that makes sense, IMO. I hate the idea of giving up "plus" prospects for a CF who is batting .220 this year. We saw that years ago with Hunter Pence who was a good player, but not the piece to put them over the top. IMO, you don't give up primo prospects for anything less than a bonafide difference maker.

Right, I like it. They’re definitely going to make one or two more trades. No way they don’t get some relievers.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
Right, I like it. They’re definitely going to make one or two more trades. No way they don’t get some relievers.
Speaking of which, did anyone notice the fine print? Unfortunately this ties the 2 most recent discussions in this thread together... the Orioles apparently surreptitiously slipped Kimbrel into the package WITH Hayes at the last second! :oops: 😏

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I like the fact that we gave up zero prospects for this and got rid of Pache who we were probably going go release. A little sad to see SD leave, but he needed a change of scenery.
Maybe the Orioles see something in Seranthony which they think they can fix. Or maybe they REALLY needed bullpen help. Either way, good luck to SD.

Last year it seemed the Phils made a good signing with Pache when he appeared to be justifying his earlier hype. Then he got hurt. Ever since he's seemed like a guy with no clearly defined role. Not a starter. Not hitting well enough to be a true platoon player or reliable pinch hitter. It's a roster spot which can now be used for someone who offers more versatility. TBH, I was surprised when the Phils released Merrifield instead of Pache.

Latest posts