2024 Phillies Thread

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
At this point I'm giving the Dodgers the overall best record. They just beat up on the Dbacks.

Option A is getting the 3rd seed, have to play the Braves or Mets in a best of 3, then mostly likely the Brewers with no home field, then the Dodgers.

Option B, get the first round bye, guaranteed home field in The NLDS, then the Dodgers.

Given the choice, I'll take Option B every time.
I think I’d agree with you 100%. But there is one interesting rub. If Phillies are 3 seed and play the #6 Braves, then you need to beat them twice with all games in Philly. The Phillies would have the further advantage of likely being in position to line up their pitching for a short series while the Braves might need to pitch Sale late in regular season just to get in. What do you think of possibly that scenario where you play Braves in WC with all games in Philly and maybe missing Sale versus having to beat them 3 out of 5 with 3 in Philly and 2 in Atlanta in Division series. Depending on how it breaks I could see rather playing Braves in Wild Card round and then having to play 4 in Milwaukee and 3 in Philly.

But I think I’d rather have #2 seed and hope the Brewers beat the Braves in WC and then get Division series with home field against the Brew Crew. But I’m telling you if Sale and Lopez set up in Games 1&2 against the Brewers, the Braves are beating Milwaukee.

Reactions: Relayer

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
A heck of a comeback by the Phil’s …..a little shakey in the bottom of the 9th….but …..we sure will take the W…..lol

Reactions: s1uggo72

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
For all the talk about Schwarber and where he hits, his average, etc, you just have to accept that he is different and that there will be some rough patches. But then you get games like tonight or stretches where he goes full monster mode. Throw in the fact that he is one of the best locker room guys in the game. Just sit back and enjoy it.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
It’s gonna be the Yankees. But still, it’s fun to dream that we’d sign another former star from the Nationals.

CaseStudy

Oct 5, 2022
they are unlikely to achieve what we Phillies' fans are hoping for in the postseason if BH doesn't get healthy.
Well he clearly isn't. Stats don't lie; he hasn't hit a home run in almost a month. I'm sure his bat head swing speed is significantly down due to a wrist or arm injury. In the last month he's barreled up balls that used to travel 50-75 feet further that die at the track. It's obvious. To his credit he's still producing but he's obviously hurt.

Latest posts