2025 Recruiting Class Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Lex Cyrus announcing today, @ 3 pm EDT. Nobody seems to know if it's PSU or South Carolina.

You can watch his announcement at:

Edit: and the WR from PA, that visited PSU quite a few times, picks South Carolina. smh

Last edited:

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I'm really surprised at the Cyrus decision. I hope he still signs with us. Taking off my blue and white glasses, I still see no upside to selecting S Carolina over PSU. They don't have the same caliber of QBs coming in and they don't have a legacy of developing WRs above PSU. The opportunity for early playing time exists here. Here he'd be around an all around better team which could only support his development further. Unless he desperately wanted to get out of PA, please someone explain to me how playing for a perennial SEC bottom dweller makes better sense than coming to PSU?

From a football and development standpoint, in my opinion, this is a very bad decision on his part.

Last edited:
Reactions: LB99 and BVSt.Paul

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Another setback for the NCAA ... appeals court just ruled and says pay the college athletes.

Link
NCAA has more NIL/compensation lawsuits on the docket. Tried to role them into House and failed. Brought to you by Smilin' Donnie

1720728486525.jpeg

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Lex Cyrus announcing today, @ 3 pm EDT. Nobody seems to know if it's PSU or South Carolina.

You can watch his announcement at:

Edit: and the WR from PA, that visited PSU quite a few times, picks South Carolina. smh

Disappointing but also meaningless at this point (just like every other commitment). Will wait until signing day to expend any energy one way or the other on this class.

That said, I never thought I'd see top PA kids going to Missouri and South Carolina. As others have noted, Franklin has done well elsewhere to compensate. And really, it's only the top five-six kids that are concerning; once you hit the back half of the top ten it's mostly 3*'s.

Reactions: lilromeo and LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
5 hours later and I'm still laughing about Cyrus committing to USC (not the good one) over Penn State. I have a feeling The Gamecocks are just as shocked as we are!
Yeah. I’m surprised by it as well. He was the speedy WR they needed to stretch the field. On the other hand, there have been other guys that looked like studs in HS and never panned out. It’s all a big gamble. We will see how it all plays out.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Yeah. I’m surprised by it as well. He was the speedy WR they needed to stretch the field. On the other hand, there have been other guys that looked like studs in HS and never panned out. It’s all a big gamble. We will see how it all plays out.
Maria Campbell of the Astral Clocktower (Hamefura/Bloodborne/post-Dark ...

• Haha
Reactions: LB99

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
A couple of guys over on Rivals have Taz Williams going to Baylor within the last 24 hours. This board might explode if we miss out on both Cyrus and Williams.

pitchfork masterrace Blank Template - Imgflip

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BVSt.Paul

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
A couple of guys over on Rivals have Taz Williams going to Baylor within the last 24 hours. This board might explode if we miss out on both Cyrus and Williams.

pitchfork masterrace Blank Template - Imgflip

By ‘guys’ do you mean professional recruitjng staff? Or Board members with inside knowledge?

BVSt.Paul

Oct 12, 2021
I listened to Calvaruso last week and he was projecting Cyrus and Williams to PSU. Wonder why these guys are changing their minds at the last minute? As simple as NIL$ ? These are not better programs.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
New sheriff in town. It's called NIL. We have discussed this many times before but the more it goes on the more it stays the same. I know several very wealthy alumni who said PSU won't get a dime until they recognize Joe. I am sure JF would love the PSU NIL coffers to fill up but not gonna happen until Joe is recognized and PSU flips the bird to ESPN and the lame stream media. So here we are a dog chasing it's tail once again ....

Reactions: Bison13

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
USC(light) and Baylor have now beat us for WRs this week. One of whom was a hometown kid. Something is broke and if it doesn't get fixed soon there's gonna be a lot of empty seats in that newly renovated stadium.

Reactions: CyphaPSU

grinagrin

Oct 25, 2021
USC(light) and Baylor have now beat us for WRs this week. One of whom was a hometown kid. Something is broke and if it doesn't get fixed soon there's gonna be a lot of empty seats in that newly renovated stadium.
Somewhere Taylor Stubblefield is laughing his @SS off this week.

Reactions: CbusLion

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Haven’t seen this before - Williams with a game show spinning wheel at his announcement. Ugh.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
aren't there a couple more WRs we expect as potential commits in the next week or so?

PSU89er

Nov 22, 2023
Philp Bell, Naeshaun Montgomery and Koby Howard have all taken OVs to PSU. We look to be in the best shape with Howard, who is coming up for the Lasch event. The concern from insiders is that he really seemed ready to go a month ago and PSU pumped the brakes on him. Now he is taking a good look at Ole Miss.

Bell is the highest rated and he is now being projected to USC. He's a California kid.

There are a couple recriutniks that have Montgomery to the good guys, but they are older picks and a gator insider has a more recent pick to UF.

IF we are to get one of the three. I'd say Howard, and we are still going after Cyrus, and probably will till he says please don't or he signs with USCe.

Last edited:
Reactions: LB99 and Pride

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I still think we get Cyrus in the end. I also think that if Howard really wanted to commit last month that he'll commit at the Lasch Bash. Hopefully he'll realize that if we didn't value him we wouldn't have brought him up for an OV and we wouldn't have offered him a scholarship. Nothing has changed in the last month except his opportunity at PSU seems even better with Williams and Cyrus going elsewhere.

Last edited:

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I’m not sure where else this should go, but I just saw Penn State got a hockey commitment from this kid for the class of ‘27. Check out his size. Could make a nice LT.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I’m not sure where else this should go, but I just saw Penn State got a hockey commitment from this kid for the class of ‘27. Check out his size. Could make a nice LT.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Connorpozlee

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Always in the most recent PSU Men's Ice Hockey thread.

I had posted it about the verbal in that thread a few days ago:

Reactions: Connorpozlee

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
So lots of smoke that PSU is going to flip Cam Smith 4* LB from Duke.... Would be a big get

Link