A Cat 4 in June?

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
And another invest right behind it. It’s gonna be a long Summer.
Yep, looks like it intensified very rapidly. It will be interesting to see the path it takes. I saw one article speculating that the heat wave we're currently having in the SE might actually protect the area from hurricanes. We'll see.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Yep, looks like it intensified very rapidly. It will be interesting to see the path it takes. I saw one article speculating that the heat wave we're currently having in the SE might actually protect the area from hurricanes. We'll see.
Yeah it’s weird walking outside in June on the coast and there is a north wind.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Yeah... July's looking rough up here too my friend. Gonna be a challenge to survive mid 80's and sunshine all summer. May have to cut the AC on July 11th. We'll see.

1000014044.png

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah... July's looking rough up here too my friend. Gonna be a challenge to survive mid 80's and sunshine all summer. May have to cut the AC on July 11th. We'll see.

View attachment 601617
i hate you wow GIF

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

View attachment 601617
Whatever makes you feel better. I'll take the swamp *** May through August but actually be able to enjoy the water and golf for 9 months a year.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Apparently have high pressure that's supposed to stop it from making a northward turn.

I just started paying attention and I suspect the islands it's about to hit are going to be unprepared. They're in the hurricane belt, but they are far enough south that I don't know when they've last had a major hurricane.

ETA: Looks like Grenada was hit by a Cat 3 in 2004. That may have wiped out a lot of vulnerable improvements. Not sure they necessarily build back to newer, stronger standards like in the US though. Guessing insurance causes a lot of the commercial construction to be built back stronger? Not sure about residential or structures small/cheap enough to self insure.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Get back with me in November and December when I’m playing golf in shorts.
I wear my shorts to play golf all winter too... And I don't even have to putt. Here's a shot of when @mcdawg22 came up this winter and was working on his driver at the range.

1000014046.jpg

Now where we differ is if I don't feel like playing golf, I can drive 15 minutes to the mountain circled in red and ski all day with the family.

1000014047.jpg

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
From the forecast guys I follow on Twitter most of them say it will be active for the next 10 days and then the rest of July will be quiet.
there's a 3rd disturbance behind beryl way out in the atlantic. that one will take the activity into at least the third week in july. august and september may be epic

Reactions: mcdawg22

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Most of the models are weakening it some by midweek and then taking it into Mexico. I say most. Right now it's just still too early know where it will end up and at what strength. This season was forecast to be extremely active and it is certainly starting off that way. Season peaks around September 9th so just buckle up and let's see how bumpy the ride is.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
Having a hard time deciding whether to stay or leave if one heads this way (eastern shore of Mobile Bay). I'm getting too old.....have ridden out several in the past.

Reactions: dorndawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I wear my shorts to play golf all winter too... And I don't even have to putt. Here's a shot of when @mcdawg22 came up this winter and was working on his driver at the range.

View attachment 601648

Now where we differ is if I don't feel like playing golf, I can drive 15 minutes to the mountain circled in red and ski all day with the family.

View attachment 601654
No thanks, hope I never see another flake of snow in my life. Even as I sit under my aluminum covered patio with my bald head frying from the metal roof and a temp of 95' and feel like of 111', I'll take this over snow any day and twice on Sunday

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
This one is going straight across the Yucatán then up into the western gulf through Mexico.

it's going to pass just north of us (I hope).
BAB7B168-FE38-4CF1-A129-D5E3A79539FF.jpeg

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
The one behind it is expected to turn north at some point but too far out to know anything on that one yet.

Arnept

Nov 26, 2023
The Atlantic/Gulf waters are abnormally warm this hurricane season. Since tornado season was relatively quiet (for us, not overall), hurricane season feels like it needs to make up for the lack of tornadoes down here.

I'd expect several Cat 4/5 hurricanes this year.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Bulldogbilly

Mar 19, 2020
Having a hard time deciding whether to stay or leave if one heads this way (eastern shore of Mobile Bay). I'm getting too old.....have ridden out several in the past.
I rode out Sally in Gulf Shores. Will not do that again. I am headed to Georgia mountains the next time one heads this way.

Arnept

Nov 26, 2023
Earliest Category 5 in recorded history. It's not even close either. The second closest one Hurricane Emily (2005), which reached that rating a whole 15 days later than Beryl.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Just make friends with someone affiliated with the USS Alabama, go hang out there and you’ll be fine. She came through Katrina like the bad *** she is/was. **

Arnept

Nov 26, 2023
It couldn’t have a more perfect environment to strengthen.
I think it just exited the perfect environment. It will be interacting with lots of shear over the next couple days. We'll see how much that weakens the structure of the system.

Either way, this thing has grossly outperformed it's expectations.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think it just exited the perfect environment. It will be interacting with lots of shear over the next couple days. We'll see how much that weakens the structure of the system.

Either way, this thing has grossly outperformed it's expectations.
Yeah I didn’t get the predictions. It was supposed to stay a 3 or weaken, then stay a 4 or weaken, going over hot water with little shear and the only land masses it was going to cross was Petit Martinique and Curriacou which are smaller than it’s eye. My wife and I spent our honeymoon on Petit St Vincent, hell we were still there 18 years ago to the day. I bet it is in shambles. Ivan was the last big one to hit the area.

Dec 28, 2019
I just got done painting my sign. The end is nigh. I blame cows. Bison are good for the environment but cows are bad. Eat more crickets. That's my other sign.