A&M pulling out of Gator

EX1262

Sep 17, 2021
We could only move on from the Liberty Bowl if TTU was to pull out of the bowl, I believe. I bet we're going to see a couple matchups reshuffled as this stuff spreads

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Good! The FL bowls' love fest with A&M deserves it. They get taken over us no matter record many years. Screw them!! And Merry Christmas!

Feb 23, 2008
I'd be curious to see an exact number and whether it's more or less than we

played with last year against Georgia and Ole Miss. Canceling games 9 days before the game doesn't exactly set a good precedence for the rest of the bowl games.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
A&M just doesn’t want to play and Covid is an excuse. They had at least six payers opt out and their starting QB is in the transfer portal. I’m sure they have had some positive Covid tests but to not have enough players to play? I don’t buy that.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I bet they have way more available than we had. Their statement was really vague, seems like BS.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I have not bought a ticket, but I did prepay no refund to save on a room. It would be just my luck for this to happen to us.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They a perpetual 8 & 4 team. They will always be that. I guess SEC Rant nick name for them is correct.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I bet they have way more available than we had. Their statement was really vague, seems like BS.

I'm not sure if there are two bigger ******** artists than Jimbo and Bjork. They lost their star RB to the draft and their QB to the portal. I think they saw the tea leaves and thought a drop out was better than a bludgeoning.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
How much did A&M really have to play for in this game?

In reality... they had nothing to win and everything to lose. They came in to this season giving Jimbo a big payday and were allegedly going to challenge Alabama for the West, then lost to the lower half of the division and finished 5th behind us and Arkansas.

Getting wrecked by Wake Forest would have been a helluva way to end what was already a disappointing season.

Pretty chickenshit move though.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
How much did A&M really have to play for in this game?

They didn't have any more or less to play for than we do in the LIberty. They should play though. Too much money put into it for them to just bail 9 days before the game. Not sure how you find a replacement at this point. Logistical nightmare for the fans to have a team already in a bowl switch games. If you pull somebody that's not in a bowl, they haven't been practicing and at best can probably get 4 days of practice in after Christmas, presumably with less than a full team.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Total punk move by the Aggies. Don’t want to play with their current roster and take a PR hit while riding their number 1 recruiting class wave.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
All of the 5-7 teams are already at home for Christmas break. I don’t buy that A&M can’t put together an adequate roster, and it’s too late to back out now. Even if they have to piece together a roster full of milkmen and student cadets, they should show up and collect the SEC check.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Gotta wonder what their protocols are that would lead to the entire team pulling out. Seems weird.
I suspect Jimbo wants to end the season on a high note with his recruiting class....
why remind folks what a lousy in-game coach you've turned out to be.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If most of those are asymptomatic it’s very dumb. I though if you were vaccinated it wouldn’t matter or did they change that

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
A&M just doesn’t want to play and Covid is an excuse. They had at least six payers opt out and their starting QB is in the transfer portal. I’m sure they have had some positive Covid tests but to not have enough players to play? I don’t buy that.

^^^This 100% and Bjork basically said that. They don't want Wake to embarrass them.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
The university just sold out their entire allotment of tickets to the LB. Would be a PERFECT time to jump ship.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I don't know who this Gator feller is, but this confirmed what I already knew about Aggies.

Feb 23, 2008
I'm almost to the point of wanting them kicked out of the conference.

They bring nothing to the table and never have. The only thing keeping me from wanting them out is they're a winnable game every year. Even in our worst and their best years. I'd like to know the conversations in the league office with Sankey and company. Surely they can't be pleased when they know already about the opt-outs, transfers, etc on that team that have nothing to do with covid. Then there's the whole financial issue. I don't know the contract arrangements but surely a bowl tie in doesn't have to pay a conference anything if the game isn't played. Or if another team from a different league is chosen.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
It would have been better playing a ranked WF team instead of TT. Hate that we weren't selected for the Gator. Really hate it now. I bet the Gator folks hate it too.

Leach and Cohen wouldn't have 17d around and gotten our kids exposed to the rona.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
They’re tanned, rested, and ready…

[FONT="]Waiting by the phone…. #ILL #famILLy https://t.co/0xb9eoKU3U— Bret Bielema (@BretBielema) December 22, 2021 [/FONT]

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
So much for the 12th man. That tradition is now officially over and done with. They can never mention that again without being laughed at.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I do find it a little humorous that a program that celebrates the notion that their fans are part of the team (and goes so far as to put one of those fans on the field) won’t play because they don’t have enough scholarship players.

Seems like if the cult FightinTexasAggie really believes their own ******** FightinTexasAggie, they’d play with walkons FightinTexasAggie.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Seems like to me the SEC commissioner would make a phone call and explain that thats not how we do things and to man up, put your big boy pants on and field the best team you can. Commitments have been made, embarrassing, etc etc

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
played with last year against Georgia and Ole Miss. Canceling games 9 days before the game doesn't exactly set a good precedence for the rest of the bowl games.
According to their 24/7 board they had a few symptomatic players test positive, so they tested everybody. They had 20 who were positive. If you count the seven who had opted out that means that if they were at the full 85, they would have 58 scholarship players. They probably have a few less than that. I think we played UGA last year with 42.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
They should forfeit all sec money and a tv ban for the next five years if they don't nut up and get their gay cult asses to FL.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login