Any word on Will?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Saw a post he may be out 4-6 weeks. Not good. WTF was Barbary thinking calling him on a QB draw?

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Doesn’t make sense. It was his non-throwing shoulder that was injured

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Stupidity by the OC kept Rogers from putting his name at the top of the career conference passing yardage list. It is senseless to put Wright in because he can’t throw the ball as good as half the high school QB’s in the country right now and from what has been said, Parson isn’t ready and likely isn’t interested in burning his redshirt for a program he likely isn’t going to be apart of long term.

State football is in for some dark days short of a home run hire who has a magic recruiting wand. We have seen for years that you have to throw the ball to be relevant but people want Mike Wright to be the QB the rest of the year, injury or not for Rogers.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Stupidity by the OC kept Rogers from putting his name at the top of the career conference passing yardage list. It is senseless to put Wright in because he can’t throw the ball as good as half the high school QB’s in the country right now and from what has been said, Parson isn’t ready and likely isn’t interested in burning his redshirt for a program he likely isn’t going to be apart of long term.

State football is in for some dark days short of a home run hire who has a magic recruiting wand. We have seen for years that you have to throw the ball to be relevant but people want Mike Wright to be the QB the rest of the year, injury or not for Rogers.
The fact that we have a segment of the fanbase that care more about Rogers getting some stupid record says it all. We need wins and Noods isn’t getting them.

patdog

May 28, 2007

Wright was 7-10 with a dropped TD perfect pass. His QBR is 149. WTF does he have to do?

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010

My brother, Wright had a higher passer rating last year at Vandy than Will in Leach’s system.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Wright was 7-10 with a dropped TD perfect pass. His QBR is 149. WTF does he have to do?
This. He played just fine the series he is in. He also provides rushing yards and takes heat off of the running backs when he is in the game because of his threat to run and now pass some. It creates another option element that makes the defense guess.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Can't wait for the portal to open again so we can see how many jump off this ship
The only players I would be upset about are Creedmore, Parson and Davis. There may be some defensive guys we don’t know about, but I think we would by now if they were any good. I wouldn’t get too upset by anyone else.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The team is trash and Rogers isn’t in the top 5 reasons on the list of why the team is trash.
You and I both realize that, but these people think if we change a quarterback, we will fix our team. They will be miserable when we change the quarterback and eventually become even worse on offense than we are. There is a reason why this guy is not playing quarterback at a P5 school, but they gladly overlook it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He’d probably be an improvement over most of our DBs. Marks would too if his ankle wasn’t 17ed up.
That's never gonna get any better until some time off of it. Our best running back way back 1 million years ago when I played football, had gotten a bum ankle, and could never play through it. After the season was over with he was fine within a month or two if he tried to play another sport. He wrapped that foot every game and every game, he ended up going out at some point limping.

basedawg

Aug 22, 2012
In our offense, Wright needs to get significant meaningful snaps. But Will is the better passer (Weight doesn’t suck nearly like many are saying though). We need BOTH quarterbacks
He brings a different package to our offense. He should be fine with the short passing game. The treat of rolling out to run or pass could be good. Takes a little pressure off the OL.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You guys that are wanting to be shed of him, you are getting your wish.
I don't think you will like it.
I think its very likely that he’s the 2024 starter. We will get the old “running it back” on Twitter and a moderate NIL deal to keep him here and everything. Doesn’t matter what happens with the staff….we aren’t going to have a better option. Its either him or Parson….who no one should expect to unseat a 4-year starter as a redshirt freshmen. Wright’s going to be gone and we aren’t going to attract anyone worth a crap in the portal.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Perfect pass?? EL OH EL

The Mike Wright stuff has been debunked, bruh. Give that up.
You can't just say things that are debunked when it hasn't been. Why because you said so? Wright played pretty well and this whole "he can't throw" was proven by the play in the game. He moved us down the field and not only that receivers were wide open because of the threat of the run. Will is more accurate for sure and had a better throwing motion for sure but he has also had a ton of bad games too this season and over his career. He played well Saturday too. But to act like wright is a dog **** passer is dumb too.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
I omitted vs conference. Mike’s was 117 vs SEC play vs 109 for Will. Will’s 109 vs conference mark was 92nd nationally. I really implore y’all to study Will’s metrics over the last cpl years. Attempts & yards belong to Leach’s system. Everything else is the individual. Will’s best year of efficiency (2021) was finishing 7th in the league in passer rating while also finishing 3rd in the nation in yards over 4,700. The idea that we can’t let Mike Wright throw the ball because we clearly have Joe Montana on the roster is wild.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I omitted vs conference. Mike’s was 117 vs SEC play vs 109 for Will. Will’s 109 vs conference mark was 92nd nationally. I really implore y’all to study Will’s metrics over the last cpl years. Attempts & yards belong to Leach’s system. Everything else is the individual. Will’s best year of efficiency (2021) was finishing 7th in the league in passer rating while also finishing 3rd in the nation in yards over 4,700. The idea that we can’t let Mike Wright throw the ball because we clearly have Joe Montana on the roster is wild.
If we had joe Montana on the roster nfl scouts would be beating our door down and will would be in the nfl this year. Right now I'm not worried too much about the offense. It will be fine I think with wright except against the same elite defenses will would struggle against too. Defense won't stop anyone to matter.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He hit the receiver in the hands in stride. What more do you expect?
Air under the ball so the beaten defender can’t affect the WR’s timing by getting his hand in between the receiver’s eyes and the flight of the ball. That is likely the sole reason why the drop occurred. Rogers would have floated that ball to let the WR run under it for an easy TD. For all his faults, he makes that throw pretty well and I’m betting that the WR expected it where Will always puts it on that route. Wright threw it in just about the only manner that it could have gotten in the vicinity of the WR and still been incomplete.

Should it have been caught? Yes. But it wasn’t a great throw, and damn sure wasn’t a perfect one. If that’s the throw that people are holding up as a shining example of Wright being some sort of competent passer, then it couldn’t be more obvious that he shouldn’t throw it more than a handful of times per game on very carefully selected plays.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The fact that we have a segment of the fanbase that care more about Rogers getting some stupid record says it all. We need wins and Noods isn’t getting them.
The sicker fact is we have fans celebrating our best QB got hurt and can't pursue the record. You Noodividians need to hold your cult meeting somewhere and pick another player to run into the ground. Will it be Wright? Best QB is always on the bench for your cult.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login