Any word on Will?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
That IS what's best for him. Running zone read is going to get him killed. He's not built for it, he is built for the air raid. Specifically more of leach variety more so than Riley, he needs to go to Arkbuckle or Hollingshead if he wants to succeed, his qbr and completion percentage has taken a dive as a pro style qb, that's not good for him here or us. It's not good for whatever hopes he's had for NFL even as a free agent.
All of our QBs will have a nose dive under this staff. If Rogers is indeed out, the SEC is going to chew up Wright.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What fresh hell is that?

Dude, we need a run game and a better than average passing game. We need Roger's back there with run blocking schemes that does not require our OL to take classes in physics and Hand writing. What we have is a stupid staff!

We are pulling our best players off the field to run 12 personnel! We do not have a friggin TE room to run that and they burned Ellis's RS just so we can use 12 personnel. And the results of those plays SUCK! because our OL isn't - either being taught properly, or don't have the degree in football blocking. I have seen our RBs take a beating behind the LOS due to it. I have seen both QBs sacked due to it.

Our issue is COACHING! And they need to go.

It's criminal for him to not run more 10 with the WRs we have.

But Bama's players allowed him 2 rushes of more than 11 yards each. I did not realize Bama was that bad!
Where have you been? We ran the ball well against bama. We threw the ball terribly again bama. We threw well against South Carolina out of the same scheme and personnel you ridicule.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Not the same as wright. Wrights ability to run takes pressure off the backs and receucers. Will does not. Will is good for two runs a game. Mike is good for multiple passes in a game. It was good enough to beat Kentucky last year with lesser talent. Will was not.
No it does not take pressure off of anybody. Again, address the problems, not invent them to fix.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Where have you been? We ran the ball well against bama. We threw the ball terribly again bama. We threw well against South Carolina out of the same scheme and personnel you ridicule.
So we just ignore what the O staff stated before the bama game? They lying to us now???

We ran more AR concepts vs USC. Yep we ran 11. None of that changes the issues we face.

POOR COACHING.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So we just ignore what the O staff stated before the bama game? They lying to us now???

We ran more AR concepts vs USC. Yep we ran 11. None of that changes the issues we face.

POOR COACHING.
Air raid concepts are in a lot of passing game plays for offense. It doesn't make it inherited air raid. Tulus tds were not air raid. We never had plays like that for air raid under leach. We wasted tulu for three years.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Air raid concepts are in a lot of passing game plays for offense. It doesn't make it inherited air raid. Tulus tds were not air raid. We never had plays like that for air raid under leach. We wasted tulu for three years.
Holy ****!

LOL! I'm out. This staff is criminal and they need to be fired.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not the same as wright. Wrights ability to run takes pressure off the backs and receucers. Will does not. Will is good for two runs a game. Mike is good for multiple passes in a game. It was good enough to beat Kentucky last year with lesser talent. Will was not.
But he was good enough to beat Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas A&M. Terrible analogy.

An accurate thrower is more valuable than a runner, in very general terms.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
But he was good enough to beat Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas A&M. Terrible analogy.

An accurate thrower is more valuable than a runner, in very general terms.
Ole miss 1 time. In a game he played like **** snd the running game helped out a ton.

auburn against a crap auburn team that fired their coach. And that was a struggle against cadillac

arkansas he had a good game he lost. We beat them last year because kj didn't play.

Texas A&M he's played well.

2020 well that was not a good year for him or the air raid but he was a freshmen.

so the results are mixed there.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ole miss 1 time. In a game he played like **** snd the running game helped out a ton.

auburn against a crap auburn team that fired their coach. And that was a struggle against cadillac

arkansas he had a good game he lost. We beat them last year because kj didn't play.

Texas A&M he's played well.

2020 well that was not a good year for him or the air raid but he was a freshmen.

so the results are mixed there.
But MiKe WrIgHt'S results aren't mixed. Gotcha.

No amount of evidence in the world will help you.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
But MiKe WrIgHt'S results aren't mixed. Gotcha.

No amount of evidence in the world will help you.
Nobody said his results aren't mixed. People want to say he is terrible. He is not.
Truth is both are 3 star qbs. Neither so far has shown an "it" factor. Neither will sniff the nfl at qb. I wanted a really good dual threat transfer. Barbay and arnett struck out in that.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
You can stop now, you've been campaigning for "anyone but Rogers" all season. Everyone on here has read your campaign stuff and we know you want "someone better" and now you want him gone from the program. Well, we will see if run first works.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You can stop now, you've been campaigning for "anyone but Rogers" all season. Everyone on here has read your campaign stuff and we know you want "someone better" and now you want him gone from the program. Well, we will see if run first works.
I've been for balance. I've been for a dynamic qb. The best teams play with balance. it's not going to matter because the defense sucks so unless we can put up 50 a game we aren't winning many. And I've praised rogers plenty of times when he has played well. Some of you refuse to get off his jock and blame him when he is hot garbage .

• Sad

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If I was advising Will I would be encouraging him to start exploring his options for next year (if he wants to play football) . I would advise this more from a personal angle than a football angle.
Why? Barring a miracle, we’re probably going to need him.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Maybe so. We will see. We have moved the ball well outside of the ints the last three games.

I've been for balance. I've been for a dynamic qb. The best teams play with balance. it's not going to matter because the defense sucks so unless we can put up 50 a game we aren't winning many. And I've praised rogers plenty of times when he has played well. Some of you refuse to get off his jock and blame him when he is hot garbage .
No you have not. Like I said, we had a top 10 passing attack last year that needed more run. Now you are calling for a run first QB with sub par passing.

That's not balance.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Why? Barring a miracle, we’re probably going to need him.
Be it right or wrong there is way more controversy around Will than one would expect around a four year record setting QB. He's now attempting to play in a system that does not and will never be a good fit for his skill set and I don't see the AR coming back. If I was kin or a trusted personal friend I would want him in a stable program where can play his game and succeed without the soap opera he's in the middle of now. Again I'm coming more from a personal standpoint than a football standpoint.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Nobody said his results aren't mixed. People want to say he is terrible. He is not.
Truth is both are 3 star qbs. Neither so far has shown an "it" factor. Neither will sniff the nfl at qb. I wanted a really good dual threat transfer. Barbay and arnett struck out in that.
He throws picks to our defense at practice per the writers of MSU football. The results are not mix on Wright.

If Rogers is out we are going to see the SEC play the run. We saw it with WMU even. They even knew it. His per carry average was way down because he got more snaps. They keyed on the run because they know. His yards are going to drop if he is the starter.

WMU is the friggin 127 scoring defense. That ain't SEC football.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Be it right or wrong there is way more controversy around Will than one would expect around a four year record setting QB. He's now attempting to play in a system that does not and will never be a good fit for his skill set and I don't see the AR coming back. If I was kin or a trusted personal friend I would want him in a stable program where can play his game and succeed without the soap opera he's in the middle of now. Again I'm coming more from a personal standpoint than a football standpoint.
Nobody is going to be able to do much behind the OL play we are getting in this system.

It has little to do with which system he prefers. In the AR, if the OL can not block, the QB is going to be sacked and pressured alot. In this system, it's the same.

Pointed out several times here, Rogers is creating only 5% of his pressures, the rest is OL. As HC D Mason stated, the qb is not getting enough time on PA. AND THAT was against WMU.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Nobody is going to be able to do much behind the OL play we are getting in this system.

It has little to do with which system he prefers. In the AR, if the OL can not block, the QB is going to be sacked and pressured alot. In this system, it's the same.

Pointed out several times here, Rogers is creating only 5% of his pressures, the rest is OL. As HC D Mason stated, the qb is not getting enough time on PA. AND THAT was against WMU.
So if Rogers was your son, nephew, close friend etc would you want him to stay in the situation he's in now or move on IF he has a better alternative ?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Stop posting truth! ***
The Noodlevidians know that the QB does it all. If Will is out even the defense will improve. I've been critical of Will at times but I realize that he is our best option to win games. I like Wright as well but I don't want to go back to the Jackie days when I held my breath every time we threw the football. Maybe Wright will be OK at QB but that won't fix a OL that has not opened many holes for the running game.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
So if Rogers was your son, nephew, close friend etc would you want him to stay in the situation he's in now or move on IF he has a better alternative ?
No. I would not. I would tell him to work his *** off to stay on the field.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You guys have argued your 17ing *** off and nothing is getting solved. You're just making DS happy because he's delivering all the clicks to On3 he promised by combining two pages.

I hope Wright does get a chance to play quarterback for the entire game so you all can see it doesn't matter who the **** plays quarterback. This team sucks. They may react differently to another quarterback, but it won't matter. We will still lose badly to a decent team with any offense. We're so worried about scoring, arguing who can throw and who can run better, and crucifying receivers for dropping this guy's pass while catching this guy's pass.

We are obsessing over all these silly arguments about our offense, but we're not worried at all about how much we're getting scored on

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Stop posting truth! ***
The Noodlevidians know that the QB does it all. If Will is out even the defense will improve. I've been critical of Will at times but I realize that he is our best option to win games. I like Wright as well but I don't want to go back to the Jackie days when I held my breath every time we threw the football. Maybe Wright will be OK at QB but that won't fix a OL that has not opened many holes for the running game.
He's done things to be critical of. So did Leach. But what we are seeing now is a rewrite of history to try to be "right" in their justifications for this staff and their issues.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It is statistically just as good of a fit as the system was last year. His passer rating is pretty much the exact same as it was in 2022. I don’t know why everyone is overthinking and overanalyzing this. His completion percentage is lower but his YPA is better. All a product of throws going further downfield and fewer checkdowns. Nobody’s calling him Johnny Unitas, but he has been fine. There is no real controversy. And from a personal standpoint, he would easily be the best QB on the team next year, too. Whatever you think about Wright, he won’t be here.

IMG_5290.jpeg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
THE problem in the games that we have a shot at is the defense. The secondary is terrible, and we aren't getting much of a QB rush. That is a REALLY bad combination. The offense is good enough to win 6-8 games if the defense had a pulse.

Reactions: PapaDawg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
You guys have argued your 17ing *** off and nothing is getting solved. You're just making DS happy because he's delivering all the clicks to On3 he promised by combining two pages.

I hope Wright does get a chance to play quarterback for the entire game so you all can see it doesn't matter who the **** plays quarterback. This team sucks. They may react differently to another quarterback, but it won't matter. We will still lose badly to a decent team with any offense. We're so worried about scoring, arguing who can throw and who can run better, and crucifying receivers for dropping this guy's pass while catching this guy's pass.

We are obsessing over all these silly arguments about our offense, but we're not worried at all about how much we're getting scored on
Happy to help with the clicks!

• Haha
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It's obvious a QB good at the RPO is preferred over an accurate passer. Just watch the NFL on Sunday. Tom Brady always ran the RPO. How do you think they won all those superbowls ?

• Haha

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
He's done things to be critical of. So did Leach. But what we are seeing now is a rewrite of history to try to be "right" in their justifications for this staff and their issues.
The problem with the rewritten history is every week goes by and another pile of turds gets stacked on the field. At the end of the year you have a mountain of 0-8 turds and no leg to stand on. You can’t erase 9-4 from the record books.

I remember well before the season how 9 wins was the expectation and anything less than 7 wins was unacceptable because we returned so many players off that 9-4 team. hmmmmm

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The problem with the rewritten history is every week goes by and another pile of turds gets stacked on the field. At the end of the year you have a mountain of 0-8 turds and no leg to stand on. You can’t erase 9-4 from the record books.

I remember well before the season how 9 wins was the expectation and anything less than 7 wins was unacceptable because we returned so many players off that 9-4 team. hmmmmm
Just like you can not erase Rogers' records.

You are right.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I've seen several on multiple boards saying they hope he's out for several games so Wright gets to start
Maybe so but I haven't seen it on the couple of boards I frequent. I want Wright to play like he did last game but I sure want Will playing too.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I would postulate that the "system" he is in now requires good OL play or the QB doesn't matter. The offense he was in was a quick hitting ball control offense. Maybe the OL hasn't adapted as well as Will has.

Reactions: Ibdancin

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Stupidity by the OC kept Rogers from putting his name at the top of the career conference passing yardage list. It is senseless to put Wright in because he can’t throw the ball as good as half the high school QB’s in the country right now and from what has been said, Parson isn’t ready and likely isn’t interested in burning his redshirt for a program he likely isn’t going to be apart of long term.

State football is in for some dark days short of a home run hire who has a magic recruiting wand. We have seen for years that you have to throw the ball to be relevant but people want Mike Wright to be the QB the rest of the year, injury or not for Rogers.
What's been said about Parson?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
THE problem in the games that we have a shot at is the defense. The secondary is terrible, and we aren't getting much of a QB rush. That is a REALLY bad combination. The offense is good enough to win 6-8 games if the defense had a pulse.
We get the rush unfortunately it has been against mobile QB's.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login