Any word on Will?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The sicker fact is we have fans celebrating our best QB got hurt and can't pursue the record. You Noodividians need to hold your cult meeting somewhere and pick another player to run into the ground. Will it be Wright? Best QB is always on the bench for your cult.
Who is celebrating he is injured? There might be a post that says it but I have yet to read one.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Air under the ball so the beaten defender can’t affect the WR’s timing by getting his hand in between the receiver’s eyes and the flight of the ball. That is likely the sole reason why the drop occurred. Rogers would have floated that ball to let the WR run under it for an easy TD. For all his faults, he makes that throw pretty well and I’m betting that the WR expected it where Will always puts it on that route. Wright threw it in just about the only manner that it could have gotten in the vicinity of the WR and still been incomplete.

Should it have been caught? Yes. But it wasn’t a great throw, and damn sure wasn’t a perfect one. If that’s the throw that people are holding up as a shining example of Wright being some sort of competent passer, then it couldn’t be more obvious that he shouldn’t throw it more than a handful of times per game on very carefully selected plays.
There was no damn excuse for that dropped pass. None.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Who is celebrating he is injured? There might be a post that says it but I have yet to read one.

These may not be streamers and fireworks celebrations, but they don't seem to be disappointed that our starting quarterback is out for a prolonged time, and may have played his last snap as a Bulldog.

May be the best thing for him. Sit the rest of the year and transfer to an air raid school

Will will go down as an MSU great and holder of many records. It may be time for him to move on though (if he still has eligibility), solely due to player fatigue.

The fact that we have a segment of the fanbase that care more about Rogers getting some stupid record says it all. We need wins and Noods isn’t getting them.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Saw a post he may be out 4-6 weeks. Not good. WTF was Barbary thinking calling him on a QB draw?
Hey, don't threaten me with a good time.**
Perfect pass?? EL OH EL

The Mike Wright stuff has been debunked, bruh. Give that up.
Debunked by who?

I saw it in real time. Walley should have his scholarship revoked for not catching it.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The sicker fact is we have fans celebrating our best QB got hurt and can't pursue the record. You Noodividians need to hold your cult meeting somewhere and pick another player to run into the ground. Will it be Wright? Best QB is always on the bench for your cult.
No the sicker fact is that we have fans rooting for what's best for an individual player over what's best for Mississippi State University. And then you think the other people are the cult.

Some self awareness from you guys is warranted here.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Air under the ball so the beaten defender can’t affect the WR’s timing by getting his hand in between the receiver’s eyes and the flight of the ball. That is likely the sole reason why the drop occurred. Rogers would have floated that ball to let the WR run under it for an easy TD. For all his faults, he makes that throw pretty well and I’m betting that the WR expected it where Will always puts it on that route. Wright threw it in just about the only manner that it could have gotten in the vicinity of the WR and still been incomplete.

Should it have been caught? Yes. But it wasn’t a great throw, and damn sure wasn’t a perfect one. If that’s the throw that people are holding up as a shining example of Wright being some sort of competent passer, then it couldn’t be more obvious that he shouldn’t throw it more than a handful of times per game on very carefully selected plays.
I've never seen this much excuse for a receiver not catching a ball thrown in stride to the receiver. Will throws the ball and walley is crucified for dropping it. Wright had a couple of bad throws but that one was not one of them. I've gone back and watched it multiple times.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No the sicker fact is that we have fans rooting for what's best for an individual player over what's best for Mississippi State University. And then you think the other people are the cult.

Some self awareness from you guys is warranted here.
mIkE wRiGhT

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dude there is no bigger cult than the air raid cult and will is best qb to ever step foot on campus cult. Nobody wants will to be injured.
These may not be streamers and fireworks celebrations, but they don't seem to be disappointed that our starting quarterback is out for a prolonged time, and may have played his last snap as a Bulldog.
get real. This is not wanting him to be injured. The best thing for will to look like he did last year and keep putting up his numbers is to get with an air raid school. Sit out the rest of this year and then transfer. A pro style offense isn't for him. He can go back to breaking his records with 100 attempts a game.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
mIkE wRiGhT
Confused Star Wars GIF

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You sound like the liberals who just scream when they can't make an argument with facts in a debate
I’ve given up. I’ve provided the evidence, have at it. I see you’ve resorted to the name calling again. And you say I’M acting like a liberal? Alrighty then. Look at the fatalistic and way over the top analogies you make about the ‘cult’ above. Just completely made up.

What’s funniest is listening to the simple-mindedness of it all. Backup QB is always better - since 1993. DeRrIcK tAiTe….oh I meant MiKe WrIgHt

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I’ve given up. I’ve provided the evidence, have at it. I see you’ve resorted to the name calling again. And you say I’M acting like a liberal? Alrighty then.

What’s funniest is listening to the simple-mindedness of it all. Backup QB is always better - since 1993.
What evidence have you provided? None but your own observations and opinions. Opinions aren't facts. Wright was 7-10 facts. Another ball hit a receiver in stride in the hands that was dropped facts. He can run the ball and keep heat off the running back. Facts. Is he as polished a throwe as will? No. Facts. Can he be serviceable enough throwing with the ability to run to move the offense? Yes, we saw evidence of this on the field Saturday.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I've never seen this much excuse for a receiver no catching a ball thrown in stride ti recover. Will throws the ball and walley is crucified for dropping it. Weight had a couple of bad throws but that one was not one of them. I've gone back and watched it multiple times.
I don’t think it was a “bad” throw either. But it wasn’t a perfect throw just because it him in stride. It was good enough to be a completion, I don’t dispute that.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What evidence have you provided? None but your own observations and opinions. Opinions aren't facts. Wright was 7-10 facts. Another ball hit a receiver in stride in the hands that was dropped facts. He can run the ball and keep heat off the running back. Facts. Is he as polished a throwe as will? No. Facts. Can he be serviceable enough throwing with the ability to run to move the offense? Yes, we saw evidence of this on the field Saturday.
Guess we will see because you’ll get all the mIkE wRiGhT you want in 2 weeks on the road vs a real peer team.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I think its very likely that he’s the 2024 starter. We will get the old “running it back” on Twitter and a moderate NIL deal to keep him here and everything. Doesn’t matter what happens with the staff….we aren’t going to have a better option. Its either him or Parson….who no one should expect to unseat a 4-year starter as a redshirt freshmen. Wright’s going to be gone and we aren’t going to attract anyone worth a crap in the portal.
If I was advising Will I would be encouraging him to start exploring his options for next year (if he wants to play football) . I would advise this more from a personal angle than a football angle.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
We’re used to drop 8, get ready for drop 3, and we’ll find out which one dimensional system is better. I’m ready. Let’s see it, and by the time Will is healed we can decide which one dimensional system we want to lose with. It seems everyone would rather lose with running, but once that happens I’m curious as to which way everyone wants to go then, Parson? We could lose with running and throwing then, cause until we get some big uglies that can run block and shed blocks we ain’t going nowhere fun…

Dont forget how bad we run blocked before having to throw more. Because we’re about to rely on our run blocking to move the ball. And we still won’t be stopping anyone anytime soon. Even with most of our d line healthy we stopped no one this year.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We’re used to drop 8, get ready for drop 3, and we’ll find out which one dimensional system is better. I’m ready. Let’s see it, and by the time Will is healed we can decide which one dimensional system we want to lose with. It seems everyone would rather lose with running, but once that happens I’m curious as to which way everyone wants to go then, Parson? We could lose with running and throwing then, cause until we get some big uglies that can run block and shed blocks we ain’t going nowhere fun…

Dont forget how bad we run blocked before having to throw more. Because we’re about to rely on our run blocking to move the ball. And we still won’t be stopping anyone anytime soon. Even with most of our d line healthy we stopped no one this year.
I wanted a better portal qb but we didn't get one. I know wills offense is one dimensional I don't think Wright is as one dimensional as people make him out to be; however I know he is not an upper echelon qb but neither is will. Both limit the offense.

Last edited:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You guys are comical. There is a reason good teams and smart coaches don't have a QB rotation. There is a reason for the saying " if you have 2 QBs it means you don't have one". Linemen get use to a certain cadence. Recievers get use to a certain type pass and the way their QB thinks. Changing it throws certain things off. Will should never be pulled for more than one or two plays when he is on a roll. He is streaky and when he is hot he is very good. He doesn't fit an RPO offense obviously. He is strictly a pocket passer. Mike is pretty decent for a RPO scheme. He can definitely run. That was a good pass but it was a dart for sure. Walley isn't use to that. Somebody was running off at the mouth about Joe Montana earlier. If you watched him he was a weak armed QB. He did not have a cannon but threw a very catchable ball.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You guys are comical. There is a reason good teams and smart coaches don't have a QB rotation. There is a reason for the saying " if you have 2 QBs it means you don't have one". Linemen get use to a certain cadence. Recievers get use to a certain type pass and the way their QB thinks. Changing it throws certain things off. Will should never be pulled for more than one or two plays when he is on a roll. He is streaky and when he is hot he is very good. He doesn't fit an RPO offense obviously. He is strictly a pocket passer. Mike is pretty decent for a RPO scheme. He can definitely run. That was a good pass but it was a dart for sure. Walley isn't use to that. Somebody was running off at the mouth about Joe Montana earlier. If you watched him he was a weak armed QB. He did not have a cannon but threw a very catchable ball.
I do agree with that. Swapping them in and out is dumb. Either play one or the other. The package really throws things off the way it's been. Swapping one out after a score is really dumb too. Because we they are doing good you need ride it

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Dude there is no bigger cult than the air raid cult and will is best qb to ever step foot on campus cult. Nobody wants will to be injured.

get real. This is not wanting him to be injured. The best thing for will to look like he did last year and keep putting up his numbers is to get with an air raid school. Sit out the rest of this year and then transfer. A pro style offense isn't for him. He can go back to breaking his records with 100 attempts a game.
Just by this post I can tell you are giddy that he won't be playing.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Just by this post I can tell you are giddy that he won't be playing.
I just want to win whoever is at qb. I want us to score. I haven't seen any official news he is out. I want whoever is at qb to play well and move the ball down the field and whoever gives us the best option to win. Period. Some games that's Will. Some games it's not. Some games it could be wright. Some games it probably won't be.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I do agree with that. Swapping them in and out is dumb. Either play one or the other. The package really throws things off the way it's been. Swapping one out after a score is really dumb too. Because we they are doing good you need ride it
Well I think certain situations for one or two plays Wright is great. Or if Will is having one of his crappy games. He seemed to get out of rhythm after Wright got a full series. He was pretty hot before that. I like him but when he is off he is useless. Kinda like that Auburn game. He sucked in the first half but he was unstoppable in the second half. I agree with riding the hot hand. 🔥

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It's unconscionable that we don't have a report yet on his injury. I'm sure they have already checked him over and know what's up

Reactions: Dawgbone33

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I've never seen this much excuse for a receiver not catching a ball thrown in stride to the receiver. Will throws the ball and walley is crucified for dropping it. Wright had a couple of bad throws but that one was not one of them. I've gone back and watched it multiple times.
Both are true. That was a bad pass on a line that a MAC team almost got to. He should have led him a bit deeper and there is no chance.

Regardless, Walley should have caught it.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Nobody is going to set records behind this staff. They suck and it's a waste of talent.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
There is a difference in not wanting him to be injured and not being sad that he is. Perhaps you didn't WANT him to get hurt. That would be a pretty crappy thing to wish for a player. But now that he is hurt, saying that the best thing is for him to transfer doesn't sound like you are disappointed that he is, even when it's framed as "what's best for Will."

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

It's equally as true with Rogers. Better passer, better decision maker and proves it in practice and games. The back up is throwing ints to our defense. Now I get that we have one of the greatest defenses in all of College footbal....********

Rogers has shown he can run. Can he run as well as Wright? He rushed for 2 first downs when we needed 11 yards each time vs Bama. went up the middle and made contact to get the first. So the truth is that Rogers is serviceable in the run game right?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
It's equally as true with Rogers. Better passer, better decision maker and proves it in practice and games. The back up is throwing ints to our defense. Now I get that we have one of the greatest defenses in all of College footbal....********

Rogers has shown he can run. Can he run as well as Wright? He rushed for 2 first downs when we needed 11 yards each time vs Bama. went up the middle and made contact to get the first. So the truth is that Rogers is serviceable in the run game right?
LOL I'll bet most of our golf team could out run Will. You're just being silly now.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
There is a difference in not wanting him to be injured and not being sad that he is. Perhaps you didn't WANT him to get hurt. That would be a pretty crappy thing to wish for a player. But now that he is hurt, saying that the best thing is for him to transfer doesn't sound like you are disappointed that he is, even when it's framed as "what's best for Will."
That IS what's best for him. Running zone read is going to get him killed. He's not built for it, he is built for the air raid. Specifically more of leach variety more so than Riley, he needs to go to Arkbuckle or Hollingshead if he wants to succeed, his qbr and completion percentage has taken a dive as a pro style qb, that's not good for him here or us. It's not good for whatever hopes he's had for NFL even as a free agent.

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I wanted a better portal qb but we didn't get one. I know wills offense is one dimensional I don't think Wright is as one dimensional as people make him out to be; however I know he is not an upper echelon qb but neither is will. Both limit the offense.
What fresh hell is that?

Dude, we need a run game and a better than average passing game. We need Roger's back there with run blocking schemes that does not require our OL to take classes in physics and Hand writing. What we have is a stupid staff!

We are pulling our best players off the field to run 12 personnel! We do not have a friggin TE room to run that and they burned Ellis's RS just so we can use 12 personnel. And the results of those plays SUCK! because our OL isn't - either being taught properly, or don't have the degree in football blocking. I have seen our RBs take a beating behind the LOS due to it. I have seen both QBs sacked due to it.

Our issue is COACHING! And they need to go.

It's criminal for him to not run more 10 with the WRs we have.
LOL I'll bet most of our golf team could out run Will. You're just being silly now.

But Bama's players allowed him 2 rushes of more than 11 yards each. I did not realize Bama was that bad!

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Not the same as wright. Wrights ability to run takes pressure off the backs and receucers. Will does not. Will is good for two runs a game. Mike is good for multiple passes in a game. It was good enough to beat Kentucky last year with lesser talent. Will was not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login