Anyone else ready for Dak to demand a trade?

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
There’s nothing “lesser” about Green Bay’s talent. Or Houston’s. They’re just young and they’ve competently built teams for the future. Dallas has not.

You really think Jordan Love would’ve had an MVP season on the Cowboys this year?

You say you like Dak, but your arguments don’t indicate that at all. You may as well be on 105.3 The Fan mouth breathing with those yokels.

I can list 15 QB's that would have had MVP seasons with Dallas this year...

So your saying that Green Bay and Houston are both equal teams to Dallas this year? OK. And they just reached their expectation.. and Dallas overachieved right? because their OL stinks and they only have 1 wideouts.

DawgieDust

Nov 6, 2017
Dak does good, but when it's time to raise your play, he doesn't quite get there. And history has proved that to this point.
3 straight years at 12-5 proves that talent is all around the team.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Without question would have put up BETTER numbers:

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Jackson

Would have put up similar if not better numbers:
4. Stafford
5. Goff
6. Tua
7. Purdy
8. Stroud
9. Cousins
10. Hurts
11. Lawerence
12. Burrow
13. Herbert

Would have had an MVP type season, if in Dallas, with the Dallas hype, and weapons
14. Murray

I believe would but some probably wouldnt:
15. Justin Fields

I believe you could put ANY of the 15 Qbs in the list above in dallas, with the current dallas offense and not see any downgrade in play or wins... and in some cases see upticks. Meaning all these guys would be MVP candidates in this given offense with these weapons... if given then same chances.

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I can list 15 QB's that would have had MVP seasons with Dallas this year...

So your saying that Green Bay and Houston are both equal teams to Dallas this year? OK. And they just reached their expectation.. and Dallas overachieved right? because their OL stinks and they only have 1 wideouts.
You’re getting hung up on trying to argue things that nobody is arguing. You’re obviously triggered…. Take some off, Dak fan!****

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Jackson

4. Stafford
5. Goff
6. Tua
7. Purdy
8. Stroud
9. Cousins
10. Hurts
11. Lawerence
12. Burrow
13. Herbert

Would have had an MVP type season, if in Dallas, with the Dallas hype, and weapons
14. Murray

15. Justin Fields
There’s lunacy, and then there’s this shìt.

Cousins????? 🤣🤣

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
might want to go look up what kirk cousins has done over the last few seasons. With FAR less talent than Dallas ever had... and one of the worst offensive lines in football

Player A:
66%, 4547 yards, 29 td, 14 int (13-4 record)

Player B:
69%, 4516 yards, 36 TD, 9 int (12-5 record)

Last two full heathtly seasons for the QBs.

Dak 67% passer for his career, cousins 67%. Cousins has better TD to INT ratio. Dak 99.0 rating, Cousins 98.2

Neither can win a big game. Cousins 1-3, Dak 2-5 in post season

Kirk average game in 145 career starts: 24/36, 272 yards
Dak average game in 114 career starrts: 23/34, 258 yards

Very Similar. Very.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
might want to go look up what kirk cousins has done over the last few seasons. With FAR less talent than Dallas ever had... and one of the worst offensive lines in football

Player A:
66%, 4547 yards, 29 td, 14 int (13-4 record)

Player B:
69%, 4516 yards, 36 TD, 9 int (12-5 record)

Last two full heathtly seasons for the QBs.

Dak 67% passer for his career, cousins 67%. Cousins has better TD to INT ratio. Dak 99.0 rating, Cousins 98.2

Neither can win a big game. Cousins 1-3, Dak 2-5 in post season

Kirk average game in 145 career starts: 24/36, 272 yards
Dak average game in 114 career starrts: 23/34, 258 yards

Very Similar. Very.
I’ve been saying this. Dak is like a more high profile Kirk Cousins. The reason he is high profile is because he’s in Dallas and not Minnesota. Both Cousins and Dak are very good quarterbacks. Both struggle to win in the playoffs. Until they do, they won’t be considered elite.

Reactions: Ghostman

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’ve been saying this. Dak is like a more high profile Kirk Cousins. The reason he is high profile is because he’s in Dallas and not Minnesota. Both Cousins and Dak are very good quarterbacks. Both struggle to win in the playoffs. Until they do, they won’t be considered elite.
Just like the person above. The first reaction when people here cousins is to laugh.

Like you said, Dak is a good QB. Problem is this league has many good QBs, as my list shows. I believe you could sub all 15 guys into that Dallas and not see a drop off.. in turn.. i believe if Dak were available on the FA market, I'm not sure any team with those QBs would be itching to take Dak.. and no way would they with his price tag.

Main issue with Dak is... he's being paid like he's an Elite QB and he doesnt play like one. Facts are.. Dallas hamstrung themselves by giving Dak that contract, they should have let him walk, because he simply isnt worth it. They cant afford the support cast needed to support a GOOD QB, and Dak isnt on the ELITE level where he can win with lesser talent... Like Allen, Rodgers, Burrow, Mahomes, Jacksons of the NFL

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

HuntDawg you must not have read the paper this morning, "Prescott finalists for the AP 2023 NFL MVP and offensive player awards"​

Link to Prescott finalist for AP 2023 NFL MVP
Ive acknowledged that. Didnt see it. Glad hes there. Doesnt change anything. He's been to 2 pro bowls and been all pro one season in his career. Glad he's in the talk, but he'll be a distant 3rd.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Your kidding right?

CeeDee lamb is better than anyone Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen has to throw too. Im sure Josh Allen would love the Dallas OL as well. Lets please talk about all the "weapons" Lamar Jackson as around. You are right with SF, but on the offensive side of the things. They are one of the few teams that have more weapons than Dallas does.
Lamar Jackson hasn't broken 200 yards passing in a playoff game but once ever. He's on the best team in the NFL this year. That defense is why they win. He just has to not turn it over.

Reactions: HRMSU and eckie1

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Dak reminds me of Lebron personality-wise. Very like-able, but is he a real leader? You gotta be an a-hole sometimes. Like Jordan, Brady, etc. if you want to be great.

Agree. All great leaders have an "edge" that will offend some people from time to time.

Also, great leaders are typically consistently demanding . . . of themselves and the people around them.

Not sure whether our boy Dak has those qualities.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Lamar Jackson hasn't broken 200 yards passing in a playoff game but once ever. He's on the best team in the NFL this year. That defense is why they win. He just has to not turn it over.

Thats not and wasnt the question. The question is IF you put Lamar Jackson in Dallas and the weapons Dallas has. Would he win an MVP or be an MVP candidate.

He would be. Without question.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
First you've seen it? Where you been brother living under a rock?

Nah. I usually dont catch up on the on the NFL until the weekend. The constant analysis of games that will happen on Sunday all week makes me tune out unless its major news. I enjoy the sport and watch it every weekend, but dont care for the Tues-Saturday Banter.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Nah. I usually dont catch up on the on the NFL until the weekend. The constant analysis of games that will happen on Sunday all week makes me tune out unless its major news. I enjoy the sport and watch it every weekend, but dont care for the Tues-Saturday Banter.
Then you've missed a ton of weekends because Dak was the leading candidate until he laid an egg late in the season at Buffalo and lost on the road in Miami.

Thanks for the Friday morning humor***

Reactions: Dawgg and eckie1

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Then you've missed a ton of weekends because Dak was the leading candidate until he laid an egg late in the season at Buffalo and lost on the road in Miami.

Thanks for the Friday morning humor***
actually if you look at any odds or keep up with odds along the way.

Purdy was the leading candidate from about half way thru the season until he hit the wall. Then the favorites to win the award were Lamar and McCaffery. Dont think Dak has been even in the top 2 in terms of betting odds all year long.

He wasnt first team all pro, and Purdy not Dak was selected as the Pro Bowl starter.

Might want to check those odds.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

HuntDawg you must not have read the paper this morning, "Prescott finalists for the AP 2023 NFL MVP and offensive player awards"​

Dak Finalist MVP (link)
No matter how much money he has made or is going to make, and whether he's a crappy quarterback or not, he deserves to be treated better than talk like this among teammates.

That's the direct reflection of the organization.

Reactions: eckie1

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Just like the person above. The first reaction when people here cousins is to laugh.

Like you said, Dak is a good QB. Problem is this league has many good QBs, as my list shows. I believe you could sub all 15 guys into that Dallas and not see a drop off.. in turn.. i believe if Dak were available on the FA market, I'm not sure any team with those QBs would be itching to take Dak.. and no way would they with his price tag.

Main issue with Dak is... he's being paid like he's an Elite QB and he doesnt play like one. Facts are.. Dallas hamstrung themselves by giving Dak that contract, they should have let him walk, because he simply isnt worth it. They cant afford the support cast needed to support a GOOD QB, and Dak isnt on the ELITE level where he can win with lesser talent... Like Allen, Rodgers, Burrow, Mahomes, Jacksons of the NFL
You're telling a franchise that hasn't been in position to draft a #1 can't miss first round QB since 89 when they took Aikman to just let an All Pro QB walk....ok.

In fact, Dak is the best QB they've drafted since 1989 so let that sink in brother on how hard it is to hit on these top 10 QBs. For the record Romo was an UDFA who fell in the Cowboys lap.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Purdy was the leading candidate from about half way thru the season until he hit the wall. Then the favorites to win the award were Lamar and McCaffery. Dont think Dak has been even in the top 2 in terms of betting odds all year long.

He wasnt first team all pro, and Purdy not Dak was selected as the Pro Bowl starter.

Honest question. If Purdy and Dak switched places, you think Purdy would be an MVP candidate?

At this rate, I’m horrified that I already know your answer.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

So you know this but you didn't know earlier that he was in the running? Which one is it my man?

You must be bored today cause you be doing lots of trolling but I'll give it to you it's funny!

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You're telling a franchise that hasn't been in position to draft a #1 can't miss first round QB since 89 when they took Aikman to just let an All Pro QB walk....ok.

In fact, Dak is the best QB they've drafted since 1989 so let that sink in brother on how hard it is to hit on these top 10 QBs. For the record Romo was an UDFA who fell in the Cowboys lap.

They messed up by either
A) not locking him up to a long term deal earlier before he hit his prime to a lesser deal
B) not having a good plan B

Dak and his agent played their cards very well. And they knew Jerry Jones would eventually cave. But doesnt change the fact that the entire situation was mismanaged and that in no way should Dak have been given that contract.

Its already hurt the cowboys by losing quality players and will hurt them even more in the coming years. It was a widely debated topic when it went down.... and Dak won big time... the Cowboys however, didnt. Unless having a good regular season and getting bounced in the 1st round is winning for that franchise

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
So you know this but you didn't know earlier that he was in the running? Which one is it my man?

You must be bored today cause you be doing lots of trolling but I'll give it to you it's funny!

No its actually quiet easy to check out gambling odds. And Dak was never the leading candidate. He might have been in the mix. But never the odds on favorite the way you spoke of.

• Haha
Reactions: HRMSU

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
They messed up by either
A) not locking him up to a long term deal earlier before he hit his prime to a lesser deal
B) not having a good plan B

Dak and his agent played their cards very well. And they knew Jerry Jones would eventually cave. But doesnt change the fact that the entire situation was mismanaged and that in no way should Dak have been given that contract.

Its already hurt the cowboys by losing quality players and will hurt them even more in the coming years. It was a widely debated topic when it went down.... and Dak won big time... the Cowboys however, didnt. Unless having a good regular season and getting bounced in the 1st round is winning for that franchise
Once again, do you follow the NFL? Do you understand Jerah's business model? Having a good regular season is P1 next is almost having a good regular season so he can still sell the hope for the following year.

Finally, do you have any idea what a decent starting QB costs in the NFL? When he gets extended he'll be the highest paid player in the league until the next QB signs and they'll be passed up by the next QB.

I feel like I'm on a thread with a 12 year old.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Once again, do you follow the NFL? Do you understand Jerah's business model? Having a good regular season is P1 next is almost having a good regular season so he can still sell the hope for the following year.

Finally, do you have any idea what a decent starting QB costs in the NFL? When he gets extended he'll be the highest paid player in the league until the next QB signs and they'll be passed up by the next QB.

I feel like I'm on a thread with a 12 year old.

Im sure you are aware of JJ business model right?

Yes I do know what a decent QB costs in the league. The deal with QB's again is to get them on a team friendly deal or with signing bonuses so that it doesnt effect the cap.

Dak and his agent were ONLY worried about not getting the franchise tag. And getting a contract length that would allow dak to get another contract, thus, Dak was more expensive toward the salary cap.

For Example: Dallas has the biggest QB hit in the entire NFL--- on what their QB is counting toward their cap. Nearly 27% of the cap is spent on Dak. By comparison ONLY 19% of buffalos is spent on Josh Allen. Only 14% is spent by Baltimore on Lamar Jackson... This allows those teams to put better players around their QB.

Maybe YOU should figure out how the NFL works, because money aint nothing in the NFL. Its about salary cap and guarenteed money. and Dak's contract was excellent for Dak. But is killing the cowboys.

AND to go one step farther. Dak is about to put the cowboys in limbo again with his contract. Dak is about Dak, which is fine. But again its why some QBs take less...or do more team friendly deals... to get other people.. so they can win. Dak hasnt been concerned about anything but his bank account. Which again is fine. But when I speak of contract.. thats it.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Jackson

4. Stafford
5. Goff
6. Tua
7. Purdy
8. Stroud
9. Cousins
10. Hurts
11. Lawerence
12. Burrow
13. Herbert

14. Murray

15. Justin Fields

I believe you could put ANY of the 15 Qbs in the list above in dallas, with the current dallas offense and not see any downgrade in play or wins... and in some cases see upticks. Meaning all these guys would be MVP candidates in this given offense with these weapons... if given then same chances.
If they could have had MVP seasons in Dallas why didn't they have MVP seasons on their own teams?

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
You found Lebron James likable??

WTF is up with this thread??
You're right I didn't write that correctly. What I meant to say was Dak, like Lebron, seems to want to be like-able and that is the thing keeping them both from moving to their respective next levels. The best are willing to be hated to achieve their goals.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
The best QBs make their supporting cast better like an elite point guard does on a basketball team. They throw WRs open and take advantage of defensive mistakes. Above all, they proces info at warp speed and make the best decisions to go along with their skills. Very few people on the planet can do that.

A lot of people are taking what Hunt is stating negatively, and I get that. I don't think that is his intention. Those QBs that he listed earlier are the only people in the world that are on a level with Dak and I disagree with him about some of those QBs. Dak is a Mississippi State success story. In a league that only has approximately 12-15 really good QBs, Dak is one of those. He just isn't the best. And that's ok.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Dallas ranked as 6th
Buffalo 16th

Buffalo
WR 1 Diggs 103, 1183, 8
WR 2 Davis 45, 746, 7
WR 3, Shakier, 39, 611, 2
TE 1, Kincaid, 46, 746, 7
RB 1, Cook 1137 yards

Dallas
WR 1 Lamb 135, 1746, 12
WR 2, Cooks, 71, 761, 5
WR 3, Gallup, 34, 318, 2
TE 1, Ferg, 71, 761, 5
RB 1, Pollard 1005 yards

I'd say Dallas has more weapons.

and again lets not even talk about Baltimore. Comical to think that the Dallas offensive side of the ball isnt oozing with talent. Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen both would BEGGGGG for the weapons dallas has
Diggs was on my fantasy team and I can unequivocally guarantee you that he had his worst season ever. Mostly due to his ball hog, glory hound QB not getting him the ball.

And he still had almost 1200 yards? And you’re comparing him to Lamb, who is always the main option in every game? Cooks was supposed to be a huge get, but he was rarely even seen until midway through the season…. He was hardly a weapon. Gabe Davis was utilized all year….

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
If they could have had MVP seasons in Dallas why didn't they have MVP seasons on their own teams?

Because MVP isnt about sheer numbers. Its about the best player on the a team that is good. Dallas was thought of as a top 2-3-4 team all season long that flopped big time in the playoffs. Had dallas gone 10-8 and finished with the WC instead of the division champ, its unlikely Dak would be as high in the conversation.

As stated here, lot of people here dont believe in the water boy Purdy at SF. However he was the leader in the MVP voting for half the season. And had the 49ers beaten the Ravens in the GOY that monday night... Purdy would probably win the MVP. Instead it was Jackson.

Also whether people here are smart enough to figure it out or not. The Cowboys have one of the most talented offenses in the NFL. Lamb was an 1st team all pro. And even though someone here thinks their line was awful. Dallas also had 3 linemen seletcted all-pro. Not to mention a TE and WR2 who are better than most at their respective positions. Only the 49ers have more offensive firepower and maybe the Lions/Dolphins.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Diggs was on my fantasy team and I can unequivocally guarantee you that he had his worst season ever. Mostly due to his ball hog, glory hound QB not getting him the ball.

And he still had almost 1200 yards? And you’re comparing him to Lamb, who is always the main option in every game? Cooks was supposed to be a huge get, but he was rarely even seen until midway through the season…. He was hardly a weapon. Gabe Davis was utilized all year….
Again Lamb, Cooks, Ferg ourproduced--- Diggs, Davis , Kincaid.

Also Dallas had 3 OL on the all pro team. Thought they sucked?

Also Diggs was targted 160 times this season, Lamb 181. So basically Lamb was targeted 1 more time a game than Diggs. The second option for Dallas had 102, for Buffalo had 91. They are both clearly option 1, Diggs probably more so.

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Again Lamb, Cooks, Ferg ourproduced--- Diggs, Davis (46 catches all season, Cooks had 70), Kincaid.

Also Dallas had 3 OL on the all pro team. Thought they sucked?
Wonder if it’s because they had an MVP caliber QB having his best season? And you’re really grasping, because I explained the deal with Diggs…. He’s usually top 2 in the league, and Allen screwed him royally this year. And look at WR3…. Dallas may as well not even fielded that position. Muh stats aren’t helping you here

If you watched the Cowboys play against any defense with a pulse, you’d realize how bad the OL is. I don’t give a shít which popularity contests they won. They couldn’t run and Dak was having to run for his life.

You’ve picked some incredibly stupid hills to die on today, man. This is fúcked up.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Also Diggs was targted 160 times this season, Lamb 181. So basically Lamb was targeted 1 more time a game than Diggs. The second option for Dallas had 102, for Buffalo had 91. They are both clearly option 1, Diggs probably more so.

Wonder if it’s because they had an MVP caliber QB having his best season? And you’re really grasping, because I explained the deal with Diggs…. He’s usually top 2 in the league, and Allen screwed him royally this year. And look at WR3…. Dallas may as well not even fielded that position. Muh stats aren’t helping you here

If you watched the Cowboys play against any defense with a pulse, you’d realize how bad the OL is. I don’t give a shít which popularity contests they won. They couldn’t run and Dak was having to run for his life.

You’ve picked some incredibly stupid hills to die on today, man. This is fúcked up.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

OK so we are going to count being named a pro bowl for certain players we like... but if its a position we dont agree with its a popularity contest?

Also Diggs this year 161 targets, last year 154. He was actually targeted MORE this season than last.

Anything else you wanna be wrong about?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Green Bay scored again!

Take a look at Dax's contract for this next year and you will see just how smart he was when he made his contract. He has control of everything. And $59 million is anything sneeze at.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Green Bay scored again!

Take a look at Dax's contract for this next year and you will see just how smart he was when he made his contract. He has control of everything. And $59 million is anything sneeze at.

Agreed. Dak and his agent made out like Bandits.

Hence why i've said the cowboys should have never done the deal.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login