Anyone else ready for Dak to demand a trade?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
OK so we are going to count being named a pro bowl for certain players we like... but if its a position we dont agree with its a popularity contest?

Also Diggs this year 161 targets, last year 154. He was actually targeted MORE this season than last.

Anything else you wanna be wrong about?
As somebody that paid careful attention to Red Zone each week regarding Diggs, it’s laughable to call many of those “targets”. He was brutalized by his QB this season, but lemme find muh w3B St@tz to prove it!!

I’ve never seen somebody keep doubling down on being wrong so much. Take a break, man.

Reactions: HRMSU

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
As somebody that paid careful attention to Red Zone each week regarding Diggs, it’s laughable to call many of those “targets”. He was brutalized by his QB this season, but lemme find muh w3B St@tz to prove it!!

I’ve never seen somebody keep doubling down on being wrong so much. Take a break, man.
LOL. Too funny. I can admit that you can argue to either side as to whose got the better suporting cast. Buffalo as a good one. But this topic started by you saying that Dak had the worst supporting cast... and the numbers dont come close to supporting that.

I guess we can trust the way you break down the red zone each week. But numbers show that Diggs was targeted more and had a larger target share than Lamb did. I'll go by that.

I'll also go by the people that voted 3 of the cowboy OL all-pros, and a NFL outlet having them ranked miles ahead of the bills OL rather than yours.

SF i think without question has the best weapons in the NFL. Dallas, Detroit, Miami, and Buffalo would likely be the next tier however you want to rank them, that would be how I rank them. Baltimores supporting cast isnt in the equation.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
LOL. Too funny. I can admit that you can argue to either side as to whose got the better suporting cast. Buffalo as a good one. But this topic started by you saying that Dak had the worst supporting cast... and the numbers dont come close to supporting that.

I guess we can trust the way you break down the red zone each week. But numbers show that Diggs was targeted more and had a larger target share than Lamb did. I'll go by that.

I'll also go by the people that voted 3 of the cowboy OL all-pros, and a NFL outlet having them ranked miles ahead of the bills OL rather than yours.

SF i think without question has the best weapons in the NFL. Dallas, Detroit, Miami, and Buffalo would likely be the next tier however you want to rank them, that would be how I rank them. Baltimores supporting cast isnt in the equation.
And I think that’s how we differ. I watch the games and form my opinions based on what I see. You seem to just check stats. Based on your logic, Dak killed it against GB…. Almost 400 yards, amirite…

The cowboys have a usually outstanding WR1, and Ferguson has come along nicely. Outside of that, they are very, very pedestrian. Another poster pointed out that Dallas doesn’t have the benefit of having high draft picks, and they never kill it in the draft or even in free agency. You seem to think they have, and that they’ve surrounded Dak with unspeakable talent on offense. I can’t help you with that.

I’m at a loss, man. I can’t remotely see where you’re coming from. I’m out.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Dak. Numbers are misleading. They constantly run up the score and pad stats in games that dont matter.

There is a reason why Dak, despite the numbers. Isnt in the MVP conversation. He's not a top 10 Qb in the league, and the only reason he gets the attention he does is BECAUSE he plays for the cowboys.

If Dak were released today where would he go?

Tampa, Washington, New Orleans, Seattle, Denver, Atlanta, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, New England, Cleveland, NYG

Thats really about it. He wouldnt be an upgrade over the rest of the league... and when you throw in his contract.. you can probably subtract 2-3 more teams on the list above.

He's overpaid for his talent. Way overpaid.
Good God. What a clownshow post.

You do realize the QBR rating takes into account performance on every single situational play, right? It weights the emphasis on the result based on score, time on clock, down, distance, position on the field, etc. You can’t cheat the QBR by stat padding in blowouts or garbage time.

Dak was 2nd on the whole NFL in QBR and was less than half a point away from being the leader. Your whole post is nonsense.
And I think that’s how we differ. I watch the games and form my opinions based on what I see. You seem to just check stats. Based on your logic, Dak killed it against GB…. Almost 400 yards, amirite…

The cowboys have a usually outstanding WR1, and Ferguson has come along nicely. Outside of that, they are very, very pedestrian. Another poster pointed out that Dallas doesn’t have the benefit of having high draft picks, and they never kill it in the draft or even in free agency. You seem to think they have, and that they’ve surrounded Dak with unspeakable talent on offense. I can’t help you with that.

Ferguson is also nothing close to a top 10 TE in the league. Dak always feeds the TE’s and makes stars of ordinary players there. Look at Dalton Schultz in Houston this year. Just a guy. Blake Jarwin??? Just a guy. Way over the hill Jason Witten? Just a guy.

Dak had Lamb and nobody. No reliable running game either. Still was less than half a point away from the highest QBR in the league.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Theyve surrounded dak with an always elite WR1 (Bryant, Cooper, Lamb), a very solid TE (Witten HOF, and stultz and ferg were both above league average), 5 years of a HOF running back, and without question one of the best OL in the league.

This is throughout his entire career.

The talent level will continue to drop off as his contract gets increasing higher % of the cap due to his own trangressions.

I guess you think other teams and other QBs have had this as well. OR maybe your keen football eye sees things that the HOF votes and All Pro voters dont see.

He's a good NFL QB. He's not elite. As another poster said, he's Kirk Cousins, or at the very least he's closer to Kirk Cousins than Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes.

If you cant see that, take the maroon colored glasses off. No one deserves personal attacks, but the hell he's catching and has caught from his play on the field throughout his cowboy career is more than warranted, and frankly he's probably gotten off easy.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

You do realize the QBR rating takes into account performance on every single situational play, right? It weights the emphasis on the result based on score, time on clock, down, distance, position on the field, etc. You can’t cheat the QBR by stat padding in blowouts or garbage time.

Dak was 2nd on the whole NFL in QBR and was less than half a point away from being the leader. Your whole post is nonsense.

Ferguson is also nothing close to a top 10 TE in the league. Dak always feeds the TE’s and makes stars of ordinary players there. Look at Dalton Schultz in Houston this year. Just a guy. Blake Jarwin??? Just a guy. Way over the hill Jason Witten? Just a guy.

Dak had Lamb and nobody. No reliable running game either. Still was less than half a point away from the highest QBR in the league.

Another guy with Maroon colored glasses.

Cooks is a better WR2 than Mahomes has, had a better year than Davis in buffalo. I can keep listing guys. But you wont see it through the maroon glasses.

BTW:
Shultz with Dak-- 57, 577, 5 td
Shultz with Stroud- 59, 635, 5 td

Guess Stroud making them TE's great too right?

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Also not sure what QBR your looking at.

The water boy over in SF. Actually led QBR by a wide margin. Nearly 8 points.

Russell Wilson was #8 if you care to know. Mahomes 14, Allen 16.

Great ways to measure QB play.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Cooks is a better WR2 than Mahomes has, had a better year than Davis in buffalo. I can keep listing guys. But you wont see it through the maroon glasses.

BTW:

My god, just stop. This is a train wreck that I simply can’t stop watching.

Every WR3 in the league is better than any WR on Kansas City. They’re historically terrible, but he still has Tay Tay who’s one of the greatest of all time.

Cooks was mediocre all year. He had 15 yards more than Davis did, who had multiple 100+ yard games. Every WR on Buffalo has their stats lowered because of their QB spreading it around so damn much. That is, unless it’s TD time and he runs it in on his own.

You never answered my question earlier about if Dak and Purdy traded places. If Dak had McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Samuel and Kittle and Purdy had Pollard, Lamb, Cooks and Ferguson…. Who’d be in the running for MVP? I guarantee Dak would be, and he’d be the front runner. We’d all be laughing at Mr. irrelevant and Jerruh, though. Be a man and answer this simple question.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
My god, just stop. This is a train wreck that I simply can’t stop watching.

Every WR3 in the league is better than any WR on Kansas City. They’re historically terrible, but he still has Tay Tay who’s one of the greatest of all time.

Cooks was mediocre all year. He had 15 yards more than Davis did, who had multiple 100+ yard games. Every WR on Buffalo has their stats lowered because of their QB spreading it around so damn much. That is, unless it’s TD time and he runs it in on his own.

You never answered my question earlier about if Dak and Purdy traded places. If Dak had McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Samuel and Kittle and Purdy had Pollard, Lamb, Cooks and Ferguson…. Who’d be in the running for MVP? I guarantee Dak would be, and he’d be the front runner. We’d all be laughing at Mr. irrelevant and Jerruh, though. Be a man and answer this simple question.
confused as to what that proves?

ive said all along that SF has the best offense in the league. You put any competant QB in that system and they are the odds on favorite to win the MVP. Put Baker Mayfield in that system he's probably the front runner.

BUT to put that type of talent together. The QB cant be taking 27% of the cap

Put Dak in Buffalo and Josh Allen in Dallas... I know what the results would be there too...and no Bills fan would be happy with that swap

BTW: Gabe Davis for as great as you are claiming him to be had 6 games in which he caught 1 pass or less. He was boom or bust. Wasnt a threat at all as a WR2. In buffalo, much like in Dallas. Its WR1, TE, and then create. But again all dallas options are better than buffalo, not to mention in dallas they have an OL that josh allen would LOVE to play behind... but I'll drop that.

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
confused as to what that proves?

ive said all along that SF has the best offense in the league. You put any competant QB in that system and they are the odds on favorite to win the MVP. Put Baker Mayfield in that system he's probably the front runner.

BUT to put that type of talent together. The QB cant be taking 27% of the cap

BTW: Gabe Davis for as great as you are claiming him to be had 6 games in which he caught 1 pass or less. He was boom or bust. Wasnt a threat at all as a WR2. In buffalo, much like in Dallas. Its WR1, TE, and then create. But again all dallas options are better than buffalo, not to mention in dallas they have an OL that josh allen would LOVE to play behind... but I'll drop that.
Yeah, but you keep bringing up Purdy’s QBR vs. Dak’s, like it’s a remotely fair comparison. You simply can’t be convinced how bad the Dallas supporting cast is…. I just don’t get it.

I never said Gabe Davis was great. I said the opposite, and that he and Cooks were basically the same player, only with Davis having slightly more consistent production. And if you’re letting 15 yards be the difference in your argument…. My god.

The difference between Dallas and Buffalo is that Allen spattered it around to anybody and everybody on the field. I can’t simplify that enough, and I’m not gonna waste my time looking for muh statzzz. I watched it week to week b/c of Diggs. Plus, Knox was injured a considerable amount of time and he’s a decent TE.

You’ve based your entire argument around a net difference of 168 yards between muh statzzzz you posted earlier. In an effort to make a point that is neither there, nor was even asked about. Dallas is amazing and Buffalo sucks b/c of 168 yards??? And the glaring difference that you won’t approach is that Allen is a primarily running QB…. Dak is not. Seems like that might hurt some of muh statzzz?

This is all sheer lunacy and I’m worse off for even being a part of it. Sadly, you are too, but you may not even realize it.

ETA: holy effing hell, did you refer to Zeek as a HOF RB? Pleeeeease just log off.

• Haha

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Dude:

You said that Dak had a worse supporting cast than SF, Buffalo, and Baltimore. I'll go back and copy and paste if need be. I admitted right off the bat that SF was better.. but the other two werent. I stand by what I said. The dallas supporting cast is better than Buffalos. But I've also admitted that you can argue either side and I think both supporting casts are top 5-6 in the NFL. Baltimore is nowhere close.

and buffalo didnt spatter it all aroudn the field. This is easy to do... DIGGS got a higher % of the targets than anyone else on the team. Even a higher % than Lamb got in Dallas. This means that BUFFALO actually forced the ball to WR1 more than dallas did. They didnt spatter it all over the field.

Dallas has the best WR1 in the league. At the very least he's a top 3.
Dallas has a top 10 TE. I dont care what anyone says go look the stuff up. and if we are going to give dallas credit for being the TE whisperer then I guess we have to do the same for stroud
Dallas has quality WR2.
Dallas has one of the top 5-6 OLs in the league. 3 All Pros. IF all-pros are popularity contests then lets not recongize any awards

That supporting cast is better than most have. If you cant see that. I cant help you.

And they are doing this all the while their QB is taking up more cap space than any other QB in the league.

If you think the dallas supporting cast sucks so bad.. and its good Ol Dak carrying them.. then I cant help you. Again outside of SF, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit--- who do you think has a better supporting cast.

Dallas had more All-Pros on offense than ANY TEAM outside of San Fran--- but dallas as no supporting cast????? becuase you watch NFL red zone?

You trash the entire team and give Dak all the credit? Sheesh man.... maroon glasses

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Dude:

You said that Dak had a worse supporting cast than SF, Buffalo, and Baltimore. I'll go back and copy and paste if need be. I admitted right off the bat that SF was better.. but the other two werent. I stand by what I said. The dallas supporting cast is better than Buffalos. But I've also admitted that you can argue either side and I think both supporting casts are top 5-6 in the NFL. Baltimore is nowhere close.

and buffalo didnt spatter it all aroudn the field. This is easy to do... DIGGS got a higher % of the targets than anyone else on the team. Even a higher % than Lamb got in Dallas. This means that BUFFALO actually forced the ball to WR1 more than dallas did. They didnt spatter it all over the field.

Dallas as the best WR1 in the league. At the very least he's a top 3.
Dallas as a top 10 TE. I dont care what anyone says go look the stuff up.
Dallas as quality WR2.
Dallas as one of the top 5-6 OLs in the league. 3 All Pros.

That supporting cast is better than most have. If you cant see that. I cant help you.

And they are doing this all the while their QB is taking up more cap space than any other QB in the league.

If you think the dallas supporting cast sucks so bad.. and its good Ol Dak carrying them.. then I cant help you. Again outside of SF, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit--- who do you think has a better supporting cast.

You trash the entire team and give Dak all the credit? Sheesh man.... maroon glasses
You’d truly have to be some kind of psycho to say I trashed the entire team and gave Dak all the credit. I’ve explained my arguments clearly, and you’ve hidden behind muh stats. When I point out the obvious flaws, you just won’t acknowledge them.

my god, did you really just admit that Buffalo had a better supporting cast? You did, but I guess you just don’t realize it.

Welcome to the blocked list, man. Sorry, but you’re all kinds of crazy.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

If you are going to talk about a supporting cast, you should start with San Francisco. McCafferty, Samuel, Aiyuk, Kittle, Juskzczyk, and Mitchell. I think I put that group against anybody. All you need is a competent quarterback. Their depth at wide receiver is solid with McCloud, Connely, Jennings, and Bell.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
If you are going to talk about a supporting cast, you should start with San Francisco. McCafferty, Samuel, Aiyuk, Kittle, Juskzczyk, and Mitchell. I think I put that group against anybody. All you need is a competent quarterback. Their depth at wide receiver is solid with McCloud, Connely, Jennings, and Bell.
Yep we all agree on that.

minus that we all should know. that stats done matter. All pro is just a popularity contest. And that you can get more from watching nfl red zone that any other type of analysis.

the block list doenst bother me.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

BTW:

The stats you are showing for Schultz / Dak are from 2022 when Dak missed half the season, you 17ing moron. In 2021 when they both played the whole year together, Schultz went for 79 / 808 / 8.

Cooks better than KC’s guys? Who cares? No one here is comparing Dak to Mahomes. You need to watch way more football, and post way less.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I was looking at qb rating. Which is what a lot of people go by. When someone says qbr that’s what most people think of.

• Haha
Reactions: Perd Hapley

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The stats you are showing for Schultz / Dak are from 2022 when Dak missed half the season, you 17ing moron. In 2021 when they both played the whole year together, Schultz went for 79 / 808 / 8.

Cooks better than KC’s guys? Who cares? No one here is comparing Dak to Mahomes. You need to watch way more football, and post way less.
Ok then moron. Schultz missed two games this season. If you compare stats by game. They virtually identical.

so stroud must be a te magic man too dumb17

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
I like the Dak for Justin trades I'm hearing lately. The people in Chicago would love him.

Dak for Justin - SI

Dak to Atlanta is picking up traction now.

Dak Atlanta

Hearing this from ESPN as well
Dak isn’t going anywhere, he’s got 1 year left on his contract which no team would want to pay plus has a no trade clause. He’ll renegotiate a new 4 year deal making him close to or the highest paid QB in the league.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I was looking at qb rating. Which is what a lot of people go by. When someone says qbr that’s what most people think of.
No, you’re not looking at the season long QBR (or QB rating) if those are the numbers you are quoting. I actually don’t know what the hell you’re actually looking at. If its passer rating, that’s not the same thing at all…..but regardless Dak is #2 right behind Purdy there as well.

• Haha

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Ok then moron. Schultz missed two games this season. If you compare stats by game. They virtually identical.

so stroud must be a te magic man too dumb17
1) Missing 2 games and missing 6 games aren’t the same thing.

2) 47.5 yards per game and 8 TD’s in 2021 is better than 42 yards per game and 5 TD’s in 2023.

3) CJ Stroud just had one of the most historically great rookie QB seasons ever. He’s going to be a phenomenal pro QB. You aren’t discrediting Dak at all by saying Schultz had similar production under Stroud (even though he didn’t).

4) Schultz didn’t have any sort of special season under Dak or Stroud. In a vacuum, he’s not a great player at all…..a totally interchangeable piece which is why Dallas had no problem at all parting ways with him after 2022. There are 30+ TE’s in the NFL that could easily deliver his production under Dak and Stroud. In no way is he comparable to Kelce, Kittle, Hockensen, Andrews, Pitts, McBride, Waller, LaPorta, Njoku, or numerous others. Every guy on that list can stretch the field in ways that no TE Dak has ever played with can. Even younger rookies and 2nd / 3rd year guys who haven’t quite popped yet like Mayer in LV, Dulcich in Denver, Musgrave in GB, Kmet in Chicago, and Okonkwo in TN have far more athletic promise than Schultz.

Again, for the love of humanity, just stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRMSU and eckie1

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I did not intend to start a stats-pissing war. This was about his teammates and their relatives giving Dak more than just a hard time.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I did not intend to start a stats-pissing war. This was about his teammates and their relatives giving Dak more than just a hard time.
You didn’t do anything wrong. You’re right that there is a lack of institutional control…. Perhaps they’ll take Bracky off our hands!***

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
OK so you give Dak a pass for a rookie losing at HOME as a FAV.

He's 2-5 in the playoffs. Of the 5 losses, 3 have been home losses, 3 have been games he was favored to win.

I'd say thats squandering opportunities. Home games where your favored and lose... not a good look.

BTW: The waterboy in SF-- as a rookie, went 2-0 as a rookie, before getting injured and losing the Philly game, and is 3-1 overall in the playoffs--- thats taking advantage of opporutnies, even as a rookie--- something Dak didnt do nor has he shown to be able to do.
BS. In all the previous losses Dak's supporting cast let him down. Dropped passes, injuries on the O-line that gave him little-to-no time in the pocket, etc. He played very-good-to-great in all the prior losses, maybe with the exception of the year he came back from a significant injury.

This year's loss was his worst performance, yet again no protection from his o-line and even the announcers were pointing out how on most plays nobody was open. Running game wasn't much of a threat. Yeah, Dak missed a couple of passes that looked like he was pressing or off. But on one or two it looked like the receiver may have run the wrong route, or on scramble just happened to cut one way at the same time Dak was throwing to where he expected the receiver to be.

At some point as the QB, if you have no real run game you have to pass. If nobody is getting open you either throwing it away most downs killing drives, or you have to start taking more chances and throw into coverage. And if your O-line isn't giving you more than 2 seconds protection that makes it exponentially more difficult.

And finally, that Green Bay team they lost to went on to put a scare into the 49ers, damn near beating them in SF. GB came into the playoffs healthy & en fuego.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Taco Charlton approves this message.

Sorry, man, but you can’t be reasoned with today.
Eckie, how many times this year did we literally see Dallas O-line "ole'!" someone on the opponent's D-line? I mean untouched or at best barely touched as the defender blew right by.

I still have a vivid picture in my memory of watching 2 Dallas O-linemen double-teaming one guy allowing another a straight, clear path to Dak. Happened more than once, and showed how bad that line was playing. You've got to believe if they're allowing that from time-to-time, they are most likely crap on the times when they don't.

The Dallas O-line was just plain awful, and when a line is that bad there is no QB in the league who is going to be consistently successful. Kind of reminds me of Archie Manning when he played for the Saints. As much as we hate to give him credit, Archie was a helluva QB, and would have likely gone down as one of the greatest if he'd played for a good team. I believe he may still be the only player to make the Pro Bowl on a team that didn't have a winning record.

That's what the Dallas O-line looked like to me...the Saints of the Manning years.

Reactions: eckie1

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Throw in the fact that his contract, is such a big salary cap hit, thats why the guys like Cooper and Elliott, and some of the OL had to leave.

And its about to hamstring the cowboys even more.
Elliot should have never been paid what he was.

No running back is worth that
Not one

Last edited:
Reactions: eckie1 and HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
BS. In all the previous losses Dak's supporting cast let him down. Dropped passes, injuries on the O-line that gave him little-to-no time in the pocket, etc. He played very-good-to-great in all the prior losses, maybe with the exception of the year he came back from a significant injury.

This year's loss was his worst performance, yet again no protection from his o-line and even the announcers were pointing out how on most plays nobody was open. Running game wasn't much of a threat. Yeah, Dak missed a couple of passes that looked like he was pressing or off. But on one or two it looked like the receiver may have run the wrong route, or on scramble just happened to cut one way at the same time Dak was throwing to where he expected the receiver to be.

At some point as the QB, if you have no real run game you have to pass. If nobody is getting open you either throwing it away most downs killing drives, or you have to start taking more chances and throw into coverage. And if your O-line isn't giving you more than 2 seconds protection that makes it exponentially more difficult.

And finally, that Green Bay team they lost to went on to put a scare into the 49ers, damn near beating them in SF. GB came into the playoffs healthy & en fuego.
2017 vs Green Bay- dak was very good. Team lost.

2019 vs Seattle- dak was solid. Wouldn’t call him anywhere near very good or great, team won. Thank you supporting cast

2019 vs rams- better game than week before. Would call him good. Team lost.

2022 vs San Fran- average. Nowhere close to great. Team lost.

2023 vs Tampa- best game of playoff career, great performance. Team won

2023 vs San Fran- dak wasn’t good at all. Was out performed by Brock purdy. Dak threw two huge picks. Difference in the game. Was only sacked 1 time. Poor performance

2024 vs Green Bay- rock bottom performance. The first pick he threw was an awful decision, led to 7 points, and the second one that led to a pick 6, he had all
The time in the world and threw into double coverage. Not anyones fault but his

very good to great in all playoff games is the funniest thing I’ve seen

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
What difference does it make if the other 3 suck balls?
I was actually mistaken. Dallas actually has 3 all pro lineman.

funny how the rest of the league speaks highly of the lineman and ranks the unit very highly but two arm chair coaches here think otherwise

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I was actually mistaken. Dallas actually has 3 all pro lineman.

funny how the rest of the league speaks highly of the lineman and ranks the unit very highly but two arm chair coaches here think otherwise
Ok, you're determined to split hairs and die on this hill, so let's get right to it. Even if ONE of the O-linemen is dog-****, that can kill a QB. Weakest link in the chain sort of thing.

Like Ekie, I watched games. The O-line was rarely very good and often sucked. Dak had to also overcome a TON of penalties. Did you know he had, by far, the highest rating of QB performance under pressure. Part of that is that he was under pressure so much more tha other QB's.

Everything Ekie & others have said to you is spot on, but you are just too stubborn or prideful to admit you are wrong. That or you really have no clue what you are talking about or you have an axe to grind with Will that trumps all common sense.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Ok, you're determined to split hairs and die on this hill, so let's get right to it. Even if ONE of the O-linemen is dog-****, that can kill a QB. Weakest link in the chain sort of thing.

Like Ekie, I watched games. The O-line was rarely very good and often sucked. Dak had to also overcome a TON of penalties. Did you know he had, by far, the highest rating of QB performance under pressure. Part of that is that he was under pressure so much more tha other QB's.

Everything Ekie & others have said to you is spot on, but you are just too stubborn or prideful to admit you are wrong. That or you really have no clue what you are talking about or you have an axe to grind with Will that trumps all common sense.
Lol. So a unit that was rated as the 6th best unit in football and has 3 pro bowl lineman suck. Because you and eckie watched the games and think so???

sorry I’ll take people who actually vote on the pro bowl and rate players opinion over the two of you morons.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Also for whomever talked about the 1st round picks. If you go look at first rounders since 2011, Dallas has been amazing.

And they drafted Elliott in the same draft as dak, then traded their 1st rounder for cooper, in the following draft they nabbed lamb, then 2 years later drafted an all pro tackle.

they’ve done very well with their first round picks and they definitely made it a point to add talent on the offensive side of things

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Apparently you haven't read your own posts.
Nothing funnier than you and eckie thinking your opinion on the offensive line trumps experts overall play and pro bowl selections.

can’t wait to see the two of you breaking down film on ESPN

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Dak has two playoff games where is QBR was under 70. Go look up how bad you have to be to perform at that level…. And that doesn’t even include the game this season???

but he’s been good to great in all the games and it was the supporting cast that let him down.

Too bad I can’t find an emoji that laughs hard enough at that very good to great comment

his qbr in the playoffs is right at 90. Which is far from very good to great. Damn wideouts running the wrong routes and poor line play is the reason though. No doubt

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Dak has two playoff games where is QBR was under 70. Go look up how bad you have to be to perform at that level…. And that doesn’t even include the game this season???
I’m starting to have a hard time figuring out if you are drunk or just really, really stupid as far as NFL football.

Will type this as slowly as I can….

In QBR, which is ESPN’s proprietary advanced metric for QB performance and the gold standard for comparing QB’s, which IS NOT THE SAME THING OR EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME THING AS PASSER RATING…..there are only two QB’s who were above 70 for the 2023 season. Purdy at 72.8, and Dak at 72.7. That’s right. Those are the only two QB’s in the league who aren’t completely awful according to you, and they’d still be pretty close to awful, evidently.

his qbr in the playoffs is right at 90. Which is far from very good to great. Damn wideouts running the wrong routes and poor line play is the reason though. No doubt

Again, see above. If his QBR in the playoffs actually was 90 (it isn’t) he’d easily be the greatest postseason QB in NFL history.

Just go ahead and admit what everyone else here already now knows - you don’t even know the difference between QBR and passer rating, let alone which of those 2 is far more important and meaningful when evaluating and comparing QB’s. Both of those things are knowledge that even the most casual of NFL fans possess and can speak about with some level of competence.

Go do some more research, and come back when you know something.

Reactions: blacklistedbully

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’ve already said qbr to me is passer rating. It’s just how I’ve computed things since tecmo bowl back on the nes.

Point is and was… dak has played in 7 playoff games. Both stats show this He’s been downright bad in 3 of them. Average to maybe good in 2. And very good to great in 2.

thank you for dissecting the stats though Perd. Think it’s obviously what I was referring to when I mentioned qbr. And yes I also know the difference in the two. And yes dak is equally as bad in both in his playoff performance

Thank you for typing slowly. It’s mean sooo much coming from an expert like yourself

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login