Anyone else ready for Dak to demand a trade?

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Nothing funnier than you and eckie...
Again...read your own posts. Don't need to be an expert to see what is obvious with our own two eyes. Don't need to be an expert to know that using pro bowl voting can be a crap shoot sometimes, and often includes snubs as well as guys who don't deserve it for recent play, rather based on what they used to be.

For sake of argument though, let's look at your pro bowl voting this year. Multiple players receive votes for each position. Dallas got none for Center or RT. But guess who came in 2nd? Yep, Dak. TE...Ferguson got 1 vote total. No Dallas RB's...not even 1 single vote. At WR, only CeeDee Lamb got votes, and CeeDee, though fantastic, also had a terrible game vs GB. At least as bad as Dak's.

Dallas all Pro Tyron Smith missed 4 games this season due to injury and was playing injured in every game this season getting an epidural in his back near the end. An epi is what they give women in labor when the pain is beyond what they can take or think they can take, and it numbs the area. No way he was playing at a real all-pro level, yet he got 2nd place in voting.

Tyler Smith got 2nd in voting, but 2 players who finished behind him actually received more 1st place votes. He missed the first 2 games due to a foot injury, then in week 17 completely tore the plantar facia in that foot.

In any case, on the O-line it takes only one guy to be ****** to make it rough on the QB. I can't help you couldn't see it for what it was by watching the games themselves. I have no doubt you'll come back with yet another desperate attempt to prove you are right and most everybody else is wrong. More power to you, my friend. If it makes you feel better, go for it. The rest of us will just shake our heads and accept you're just gonna keep fooling yourself.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Again...read your own posts. Don't need to be an expert to see what is obvious with our own two eyes. Don't need to be an expert to know that using pro bowl voting can be a crap shoot sometimes, and often includes snubs as well as guys who don't deserve it for recent play, rather based on what they used to be.

For sake of argument though, let's look at your pro bowl voting this year. Multiple players receive votes for each position. Dallas got none for Center or RT. But guess who came in 2nd? Yep, Dak. TE...Ferguson got 1 vote total. No Dallas RB's...not even 1 single vote. At WR, only CeeDee Lamb got votes, and CeeDee, though fantastic, also had a terrible game vs GB. At least as bad as Dak's.

Dallas all Pro Tyron Smith missed 4 games this season due to injury and was playing injured in every game this season getting an epidural in his back near the end. An epi is what they give women in labor when the pain is beyond what they can take or think they can take, and it numbs the area. No way he was playing at a real all-pro level, yet he got 2nd place in voting.

Tyler Smith got 2nd in voting, but 2 players who finished behind him actually received more 1st place votes. He missed the first 2 games due to a foot injury, then in week 17 completely tore the plantar facia in that foot.

In any case, on the O-line it takes only one guy to be ****** to make it rough on the QB. I can't help you couldn't see it for what it was by watching the games themselves. I have no doubt you'll come back with yet another desperate attempt to prove you are right and most everybody else is wrong. More power to you, my friend. If it makes you feel better, go for it. The rest of us will just shake our heads and accept you're just gonna keep fooling yourself.
Pro bowl voting does. All pro voting doesn’t. All pro voting is very respected and the players even have their own votes as well.

again buddy experts. Experts and peers who actually play the game. Voted 3 guys all pro. They voted the unit as a whole 6th best in the league.

You and eckie watch some nfl red zone and think otherwise is downright comical. But truly when you said dak wS good to great in all 7 playoff games you lost all credibility. Dak was downright awful in 3 of the 7 games by any and all metrics. Im sorry I can’t trust the football judgement of anyone that thinks dak was good to great and he was let down by his teammates.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Pro bowl voting does. All pro voting doesn’t. All pro voting is very respected and the players even have their own votes as well.

again buddy experts. Experts and peers who actually play the game. Voted 3 guys all pro. They voted the unit as a whole 6th best in the league.

You and eckie watch some nfl red zone and think otherwise is downright comical. But truly when you said dak wS good to great in all 7 playoff games you lost all credibility. Dak was downright awful in 3 of the 7 games by any and all metrics. Im sorry I can’t trust the football judgement of anyone that thinks dak was good to great and he was let down by his teammates.
Good Lord! All Pros are voted on by media members. Those are your experts? The same kinda guys who always predict MSU will finish last?

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
To go one step farther. Dallas has the best right guard in the game per the voting. That’s gotta be worth something doesn’t it?

and I think that Dallas and Philadelphia are the only teams that got 3 spots with votes.

so you act as though getting zero votes at center and right tackle is a bad thing. Actually every other team in the league has less than that except Philly. The 49ers only had one offensive lineman get votes.

but again. You and eckie and some good nfl red zone…. I’m sure we should yalls opinion should carry some more weight…. I’ll see if I can’t make a call to ESPN and get this changed

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The players all pro team the cowboys got 2 of the 5 your 17moron.

the players that actually play the game. Yes Dallas has 2 of the top 5 lineman in all of football according to the players.

How stupid can you be

and even by the media they have 3…

But again you and eckie know more than the players that play the game. Un-17-real

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Good Lord! All Pros are voted on by media members. Those are your experts? The same kinda guys who always predict MSU will finish last?

You really can’t make this up. You’re arguing that the ol sucked and here are the players that actually play the game voting 2 of the top 5 lineman in the league on Dallas.

damn bt this and thinking dak has played great in all 7 playoff games im not sure you could coach a jr high powder puff game

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’ve already said qbr to me is passer rating. It’s just how I’ve computed things since tecmo bowl back on the nes.
Then you are pretty much operating at a 5-year-old’s level when it comes to evaluating QB’s. Guess that Tecmo Bowl reference is appropriate.
Point is and was… dak has played in 7 playoff games. Both stats show this He’s been downright bad in 3 of them. Average to maybe good in 2. And very good to great in 2.
He’s been downright bad in maybe 1 against SF. In the other last week, while it was still a game, he threw a pick in his own red zone on a perfectly thrown ball that Brandin Cooks (whose praises you have been singing throughout this thread) somehow allowed the DB to catch from behind him. Awful route and awful fundamentals by the WR. Between that and Dallas’ awful D, the game was then over. Everything that happened after was just white noise. He was decent to great in pretty much all other games….some of them losses.

thank you for dissecting the stats though Perd. Think it’s obviously what I was referring to when I mentioned qbr. And yes I also know the difference in the two. And yes dak is equally as bad in both in his playoff performance
Well since you insist in speaking only in terms of the antiquated passer rating, you’d be pleased to know Dak is 7th amongst active QB’s and 18th ALL TIME in playoff passer rating at 91.7. Guess who’s 20th all time? Some dude named Tom Brady. Guess who’s 26th - Peyton Manning. 30th? Brett Favre. 31st? Steve Young. And oh yeah, lets take a look at who is ahead of Dak all time. Guess who is 13th? Mark Sanchez!

So from this maybe you can see two things. One, you’re obviously chasing a totally asinine metric to try and discredit Dak. Two, even using this bogus methodology, you’re somehow still wrong. It takes a pretty special ability and determination in an argument to cherry pick your own logic out of left field, and yet still be so incredibly wrong even on the strength of your own made up data. Tip of the cap.

Thank you for typing slowly. It’s mean sooo much coming from an expert like yourself.
You’re welcome 😘

• Haha
Reactions: blacklistedbully

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Then you are pretty much operating at a 5-year-old’s level when it comes to evaluating QB’s. Guess that Tecmo Bowl reference is appropriate.

He’s been downright bad in maybe 1 against SF. In the other last week, while it was still a game, he threw a pick in his own red zone on a perfectly thrown ball that Brandin Cooks (whose praises you have been singing throughout this thread) somehow allowed the DB to catch from behind him. Awful route and awful fundamentals by the WR. Between that and Dallas’ awful D, the game was then over. Everything that happened after was just white noise. He was decent to great in pretty much all other games….some of them losses.

Well since you insist in speaking only in terms of the antiquated passer rating, you’d be pleased to know Dak is 7th amongst active QB’s and 18th ALL TIME in playoff passer rating at 91.7. Guess who’s 20th all time? Some dude named Tom Brady. Guess who’s 26th - Peyton Manning. 30th? Brett Favre. 31st? Steve Young. And oh yeah, lets take a look at who is ahead of Dak all time. Guess who is 13th? Mark Sanchez!

So from this maybe you can see two things. One, you’re obviously chasing a totally asinine metric to try and discredit Dak. Two, even using this bogus methodology, you’re somehow still wrong. It takes a pretty special ability and determination in an argument to cherry pick your own logic out of left field, and yet still be so incredibly wrong even on the strength of your own made up data. Tip of the cap.

You’re welcome 😘
The tecmo bowl ref is how myself and my cousins wrote down the stats. We kept stats and tried to best them with every team. QBR is how we abbreviated the rating stat on the game when writing on pad and paper So when I refer to rating it’s QBR… I know the difference in qbr and passer rating however and I think it’s been clear in this entire thread what I was referring too and I was never mixed up.

he was downright bad in both San Fran games. And awful in the game this year as well.
He’s been good to great in 2 games and average to good in 2. Your gold standard qbr backs this.

also… Actually the pick thrown to cooks has been analysised many times by many experts. I haven’t seen any with that take. The throw was late and to the wrong side. Which led to the pick. He had plenty of time. Doubled hitched on his back foot, which is why the throw was late. Then instead of putting that throw down or on his body he missed high and up the field. Which is not where you want to miss an in breaking route. And the game wasn’t over until dak forced the throw to lamb which was an awful throw all on dak… that’s what ended the game. Everything after that is white noise.

however I can tell by the way you speak you likely never played a down of football. Your hung up on terminology in hopes of trying to make yourself look smarter than you actually are. While I enjoy good conversation and banter on a message board you do nothing by try to act smart much like the guy in the ol matt Damon movie who actually knows very little. You’ve earned your way to my ignore list. Adios

Last edited:

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Been a mess since year 1?

Elliott was a produtive all-pro type back for the first 5 years of Dak's career

Dak started with a prime Dez Bryant and very good Jason Witten still playing. When they started to fade Amari Cooper who was an All-Pro entered the picture, followed by years of Cooper and Lamb, before Cooper had to be phased out because of money.

Not to mention for the first 5 years of his career Dallas had without question the best OL in the league, and still does have one of the highest graded OLs in the league.

Andy Dalton was productive with this group when Dak went down.

Dallas has ALWAYS had weapons around Dak. And drafted weapons to put around Dak.
Are you really this stupid? Dez was at the end of his career and Witten was literally a 10 yard catch and fall down tight end. Dak has played with a mediocre wide receiver corp most every year he has been in the league. Jerry had a trade for Amari that was very against his character. Cee Dee is one receiver. Cooks was decent but Gallup is trash.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
2017 vs Green Bay- dak was very good. Team lost.

2019 vs Seattle- dak was solid. Wouldn’t call him anywhere near very good or great, team won. Thank you supporting cast

2019 vs rams- better game than week before. Would call him good. Team lost.

2022 vs San Fran- average. Nowhere close to great. Team lost.

2023 vs Tampa- best game of playoff career, great performance. Team won

2023 vs San Fran- dak wasn’t good at all. Was out performed by Brock purdy. Dak threw two huge picks. Difference in the game. Was only sacked 1 time. Poor performance

2024 vs Green Bay- rock bottom performance. The first pick he threw was an awful decision, led to 7 points, and the second one that led to a pick 6, he had all
The time in the world and threw into double coverage. Not anyones fault but his

very good to great in all playoff games is the funniest thing I’ve seen
Ok but what you just described with his regular season success is easily top 10 qb in nfl.

name 9 better that played in 2022 or 2023

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Reactions: HRMSU

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Are you really this stupid? Dez was at the end of his career and Witten was literally a 10 yard catch and fall down tight end. Dak has played with a mediocre wide receiver corp most every year he has been in the league. Jerry had a trade for Amari that was very against his character. Cee Dee is one receiver. Cooks was decent but Gallup is trash.
Do people really understand stuff or just spit out random crap:

2016-2019 was daks first 4 years in the league. The cowboys had the best op in football and had zeke who was the top running back in the league. Or top two. The entire offense ran thru zeke. Even so. Dez Bryant in 16, was very much a wr1. Randall Cobb was very productive wr2, and witten was still solid. In 17 he started to fade.., and

in 2018 jones traded for cooper. A no doubt wr1

in 2019 he drafted lamb.

from 2018-20, 3 seasons. Dak operated with a top 5 offensive line. A still very productive zeke. And probably the best combo of wideouts in the league or at least a combo that would be in the top 3.

in 2021, dak got paid, hamstrung the cowboys in a huge way salary cap wise… to the point where they couldn’t afford cooper and lamb anymore, the cowboys rightfully so, chose lamb

dak has been surrounded by elite talent his entire career on the offensive side of things.

even now he’s got a top 5 oline, despite what the nfl red zone watchers on this board thinks. He’s got an all pro wr1 to Throw too. The cowyboya can’t surround him with San Fran talent because of daks contract. But again even now, the talent on the offensive side of the ball is top 5. Again having 3 of 11 offensive players on the all pro team voted on by the players…. Says enough

Cow College

Aug 21, 2012
Dak. Numbers are misleading. They constantly run up the score and pad stats in games that dont matter.

There is a reason why Dak, despite the numbers. Isnt in the MVP conversation. He's not a top 10 Qb in the league, and the only reason he gets the attention he does is BECAUSE he plays for the cowboys.

If Dak were released today where would he go?

Tampa, Washington, New Orleans, Seattle, Denver, Atlanta, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, New England, Cleveland, NYG

Thats really about it. He wouldnt be an upgrade over the rest of the league... and when you throw in his contract.. you can probably subtract 2-3 more teams on the list above.

He's overpaid for his talent. Way overpaid.
This is such a tired argument. Dak is top 12 paid QB in the league directly above Derek Carr. Considering 20-30 highest paid QBs are all on rookie contracts minus 1 I think it is fair to say he is not over paid

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Directed at no one in particular, but let’s clear up some myths in this thread:

1) Dak’s rankings for the 2023 season in every conceivable category….in his first year in a brand new offense.

PFF starting QB grade: #3
QBR: #2
Passer rating: #2
All-Pro voting: #2
Passing yards: #3
Completion %: #2
Passing TD’s: #1
INT%: #6

Salary: #12

Career wise, he has been comfortably in the Top 10 (usuallu the #5 ~ #8 range) in career passer rating, career QBR, even career playoff passer rating among active QB’s…..for his entire career.

Not a Top 10 QB my asś…..overpaid my asś. He probably won’t be a HoF pick, but he’s objectively a Top 6-8 QB in the NFL under any set of criteria….maybe Top 5.

2) Dallas did have 3 AP selections on the OL. Their C, LG, and LT. Obviously you can see no one on the right side of the OL, and that was a huge problem for them all year. Particularly in the running game. It’s a good thing for the Cowboys that Dak was as locked in as he was all season, because he got absolutely NO help from Pollard and conpany, mainly due to the OL.

Furthermore, another team also had 3 AP selections on the OL - the Eagles. Then another had 2 selections - the Lions. So in summary, the Cowboys didn’t suck at all on the OL, but they also had no advantage here at all compared to their immediate competition in the division or in the NFC. Those other 2 teams could lean heavily on the running game to take pressure off the QB when needed. Dallas could not.

Finally, the 3 studs on the OL for Dallas still had their usual struggles with injuries. 9 combined games were missed by those 3 guys.

Last edited:

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
In the other last week, while it was still a game, he threw a pick in his own red zone on a perfectly thrown ball that Brandin Cooks (whose praises you have been singing throughout this thread) somehow allowed the DB to catch from behind him. Awful route and awful fundamentals by the WR.
I was at the game, and according to some that’s worthless.*** But, I remember saying to my son that Cooks didn’t even extend his arms! Turns out, there’s a reason for that, and they never showed this angle at the stadium:

The on-air ref poo-pooed it away by saying the defender has every right to go to the ball. He didn’t seem to notice the egregious holding.

There was something way, way off about this football game. The Cowboys had a 1000 yard stare vibe before kickoff.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
1) dak had an amazing year. That was never the discussion. He’s 2nd team all pro for a reason.

2) I’ve said the contract dak was signed too was a bad contract for Dallas. I stand by this. He’s currently counting more towards the cap than any other qb in the league by a wide margin. Thus his contract has hamstrung the cowboys, and will hamstring them even more moving forward. the cowboys should have either signed dak earlier in his career or had a better plan B ready and allowed dak to walk. Much like San Fran did.

3) both guards on both sides were 1st team all pro so your theory on the right side sucks holds zero water. Then left tackle tackle is as also awarded by the AP. The right guard is Zack Martin almost a unanimous selection. So the cowboys certainly didn’t suck on the right side.

finally.

there are tiers of qbs in the field. The top tier dak isn’t in. I’m sorry. Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, burrows, and arguably Aaron Rodgers are your top tier qbs

then there is a large group of second tier guys. It doesn’t mean they suck. But dak along with guys like Herbert, Lawrence, cousins, stroud, hurts, Tua, etc are in that next group.

when I say and stand by the fact that dak is getting blamed and deserved so. Considering he took the team to cleaners on his contract and so far he hasn’t delivered. I can for sure see why fans are upset and why he’s catching the blame he does. Throw in the fact that contrary to what someone here has said… he’s been nowhere close to great in most of his playoff starts.. and has been down right ****** in 3 of them.

I also stand by the fact that Dallas has surround dak with plenty of offensive talent thru the years. I think minus 1 season, he’s had a WR1 to throw too. He’s had years of 2 great wide outs, he’s always been behind a great offensive line, and until this season he had a great running game to lean on.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
1) dak had an amazing year. That was never the discussion. He’s 2nd team all pro for a reason.

2) I’ve said the contract dak was signed too was a bad contract for Dallas. I stand by this. He’s currently counting more towards the cap than any other qb in the league by a wide margin. Thus his contract has hamstrung the cowboys, and will hamstring them even more moving forward. the cowboys should have either signed dak earlier in his career or had a better plan B ready and allowed dak to walk. Much like San Fran did.

3) both guards on both sides were 1st team all pro so your theory on the right side sucks holds zero water. Then left tackle tackle is as also awarded by the AP. The right guard is Zack Martin almost a unanimous selection. So the cowboys certainly didn’t suck on the right side.

finally.

there are tiers of qbs in the field. The top tier dak isn’t in. I’m sorry. Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, burrows, and arguably Aaron Rodgers are your top tier qbs

then there is a large group of second tier guys. It doesn’t mean they suck. But dak along with guys like Herbert, Lawrence, cousins, stroud, hurts, Tua, etc are in that next group.

when I say and stand by the fact that dak is getting blamed and deserved so. Considering he took the team to cleaners on his contract and so far he hasn’t delivered. I can for sure see why fans are upset and why he’s catching the blame he does. Throw in the fact that contrary to what someone here has said… he’s been nowhere close to great in most of his playoff starts.. and has been down right ****** in 3 of them.

I also stand by the fact that Dallas has surround dak with plenty of offensive talent thru the years. I think minus 1 season, he’s had a WR1 to throw too. He’s had years of 2 great wide outs, he’s always been behind a great offensive line, and until this season he had a great running game to lean on.
DS, can you check in on the On3 coding for the ignore list? It seems to have some glitches….

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
To put in in perspective. Mahomes contract in the 2nd largest hit to the cap in the nfl. It costs mahomes tyreke hill. Mahomes however has been able to keep winning despite this with lesser talent around him.

dak was in the Brock purdy situation for a long time. With the best OL, with the two wideouts, with the best RB in the league. He wasn’t able to cash in. the talent surrounding him will continue to lessen the more money he makes…

the discussion got going when someone said that Baltimore and Buffalo had more offensive talent around them than dak did. Which isn’t the case. And I stated that I think you could take any of those 2nd tier qbs in Dallas, with their offense, and get very similar results. I stand by this. I also stated that there are many teams with those second tier qbs that wouldn’t be running to the table to sign dak if he were available on the market. I too stand by that. Dak would be an upgrade or fit to about 15 teams in the nfl. There isn’t a market. So again I’m in JJ if dak plays hard ball and they to force them into a salary cap situation that puts them in a bad situation… I let him walk

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login