Arnett DC

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Ole Miss is calling him a Defensive Analyst, but several OM folk I've talked to said he is having a heavy footprint on the whole defensive front. And....he is already putting together a defensive plan for the Egg Bowl. They want to make a statement on that final Fearless Friday for the Committee. I interpret that as they will run the score up into the 50's/60's to very little on us.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Why on earth would he do that? If I fired you from a job and customers talked **** about you snd the company **** about you. A lot of it warranted. Would you come back and take a lower position you had? I think it's best for a clean break there with the last season

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Why on earth would he do that? If I fired you from a job and customers talked **** about you snd the company **** about you. A lot of it warranted. Would you come back and take a lower position you had? I think it's best for a clean break there with the last season
It should be noted that he was not really hired as Head Coach, he was injected under stressful circumstances.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Of all the people in the world, are you that hard up that you would beg and try to get the guy that ran your program into ground to come back, and pay him millions of dollars to do so? We are retarded.
Who said beg? Have a conversation, yes. (We have to do something).
Millions more, no, but likely some $.

• Haha
Reactions: bulldoghair

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Leach died, we had no AD and State made an awful decision thinking Arnett was ready. And we know Arnett ignored reality and hired non-Air Raid coaches for a team with Air Raid talent. He seemed like a pretty good DC and he's certainly better than Lebby's DC hire. That appears to be a terrible hiring decision from Lebby. Would have been nice to keep him at DC but those days are over. Maybe he'll spend a few years at Ole Miss and then get back on the market for DC jobs.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
At this point just bring back Arnett as the DC. The guy we have now is clueless how to be a DC. The gaps Florida had to run through could part the Red Sea.
Angry Fox Tv GIF by Hell's Kitchen

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
He still lives here. His house is right down the road from me.
Go knock and ask him if he wants back. After last year I do not want him near our program and I would bet he doesn’t want to be back after getting let go.

Dec 14, 2008
Ole Miss is calling him a Defensive Analyst, but several OM folk I've talked to said he is having a heavy footprint on the whole defensive front. And....he is already putting together a defensive plan for the Egg Bowl. They want to make a statement on that final Fearless Friday for the Committee. I interpret that as they will run the score up into the 50's/60's to very little on us.
50s / 60s will be the score without running it up.

Reactions: WilCoDawg