Be honest…

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
How many times have you thought that if Will would just pull the ball on the RB read play that he could run for a big gain. As slow as he is, I’ve said it many times. He damn sure should not have fumbled, but that’s not a terrible play call.

His ball security was **** last night, but nice plays by Ole Miss are immediately translated to Will sucks by the Noodle Arm Brigade.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Now we know why Leach doesn’t want Rogers running. And we’ve been thinking it was because he didn’t want his starting qb to get hurt

Reactions: PBRME

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Step up in the pocket more, throw the ball out of bounds if no one's open, run when there's a lot of space, slide early or get out of bounds, and hand off to a running back when it's 2nd and goal from the 1 with a chance to go up by 15 late in the Egg Bowl. Easy for me to say when I'm on the couch. We won. Congrats to Will for putting it together and not totally collapsing when he likely knew he wasn't playing well in a huge rivalry game. 8 wins is a really good season. Switch Georgia with Vandy and we'd have 9 and be going for 10.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
How many times have you thought that if Will would just pull the ball on the RB read play that he could run for a big gain. As slow as he is, I’ve said it many times. He damn sure should not have fumbled, but that’s not a terrible play call.
A QB keeper at the goal line is probably one of the oldest (and supposedly safest) plays in football. Rogers is just not a very physical guy and can be stripped pretty easily.

Reactions: Maroon13

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If Will had pulled it and run for a touchdown everyone would be saying what a great play call it was and they’re glad Leach finally listened to them and let Will run the ball. But it didn’t work and Will fumbled so Leach should be fired for calling that play. The irrationality of fans.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
To OM’s credit, the play was well defended. I think Will expected them to all crash down on the RB and he would have a walk in, but the linebacker played it well and was right there waiting for him.
Ole Miss is well coached and talented. I give them credit. Even Bama had trouble with them at home.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Disagree, in that scenario, when a chip shot FG clinches the game, it’s a terrible play call. Only thing that could give OM life was a fumble or INT. You give it to Dillon Johnson 3 times, worst case we run 2 minutes of clock and try the FG.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I agree that it wasn't a terrible call, but I certainly don't think it was the best call. I would've let Dillon try once more or gone to a PA before letting Will take it on 2nd down. But that's me and I'm not the coach.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I have said it because the hole has been there. It wasn't last night. Also, if you're not a natural ball carrier and have already fumbled twice in the game you probably shouldn't keep on the option.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
His ball security was **** last night, but nice plays by Ole Miss are immediately translated to Will sucks by the Noodle Arm Brigade.
Will was terrible last night. There's just no sugar coating it. I don't know how apparent it was on TV but not only did he have the two fumbles and the terrible, terrible, terrible INT, but he also made two very poor decisions that almost went for pick sixes. But his worst play of the night was probably when he took that sack on third and two. Just piss poor. His WRs were pissed at him and they were having words quite a bit. One play that he took a sack, he had Walley wide *** open doing jumping jacks in the middle of the field and they were chirping at each other about it as they came off the field. Another play, Will holds the ball too long, gets sacked, and gets up fussing at Losoya. That last goal line fumble was particularly egregious because Ole Miss was in the process of quitting, we had started whipping their defensive line, and our RBs were starting to get chunk yards, and that fumble re-energized them and gave them juice.

Thank god for our defensive effort last night, particularly Charlton on that two point conversion. Defense saved the day. We were losing if that game went into OT, no doubt about it.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
In the moment I was actually thinking “nobody would ever expect called QB run”. Then I was mad at Leach for doing it and at myself for thinking it and I hope I never see it again.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Will was terrible last night. There's just no sugar coating it. I don't know how apparent it was on TV but not only did he have the two fumbles and the terrible, terrible, terrible INT, but he also made two very poor decisions that almost went for pick sixes. But his worst play of the night was probably when he took that sack on third and two. Just piss poor. His WRs were pissed at him and they were having words quite a bit. One play that he took a sack, he had Walley wide *** open doing jumping jacks in the middle of the field and they were chirping at each other about it as they came off the field. Another play, Will holds the ball too long, gets sacked, and gets up fussing at Losoya. That last goal line fumble was particularly egregious because Ole Miss was in the process of quitting, we had started whipping their defensive line, and our RBs were starting to get chunk yards, and that fumble re-energized them and gave them juice.

Thank god for our defensive effort last night, particularly Charlton on that two point conversion. Defense saved the day. We were losing if that game went into OT, no doubt about it.

And here they are now.

Have you ever written this many words praising the play of one of our players?

I'll hang up and listen.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I actually called for that play just before they ran it Told my kid he would walk in if he pulled it. I was incorrect. We have run it about two times before with him and no one ever stayed home for him.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
At the goal line with compressed D and his size. No. Never. One hit and he drops it. Also one bad hit and he's out for the year.

When they drop 8 yes as long as he slides.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
If Will had pulled it and run for a touchdown everyone would be saying what a great play call it was and they’re glad Leach finally listened to them and let Will run the ball. But it didn’t work and Will fumbled so Leach should be fired for calling that play. The irrationality of fans.
but he didnt

Reactions: patdog

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012

Ah Hell, not the dreaded almost pick-sixes! Those are what kept Dak Prescott from being a serious Heisman candidate too.

No, it wasn't a great game by Will, and he said as much in his press conference after the game. But he DID manage to put together 4 scoring drives (should have been five but Johnson had a TD stolen). That, plus stellar defense and special teams, was enough to do it.

Reactions: Duggar Hall Desk
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login