Big National Signing Day tomorrow

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Not much action but there is a chance at a nice DE prospect Josaiah Knight. Juco reciever possibility also but that 4 star edge would be great.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah. Sanfrisco is a done deal. Really only 2 other signing possibilities and neither are ironclad. Knight is a high school edge and Leland something or other is the juco wr. Suppose to be a deep threat Yada Yada. We never seem to do so good with juco wr. Edited to add Smith. Leland Smith. Like #4 juco receiver.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Don’t expect more than 4 wins next year but if the offense can score some points it will at least be interesting to watch.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I’m an optimist. I expect 5 wins.
5 wins would be a pretty good coaching job, 6 wins outstanding. Honestly I see 4 wins, will be pretty decent on offense by the middle of the season but defense won’t be able to stop anyone. it’s going to take time.

patdog

May 28, 2007
5 wins would be a pretty good coaching job, 6 wins outstanding. Honestly I see 4 wins, will be pretty decent on offense by the middle of the season but defense won’t be able to stop anyone. it’s going to take time.
Defense is definitely a concern. And even more, the seeming lack of even caring about the defense we're seeing. My fear is we've swapped a head coach who's still a defensive coordinator for a head coach who's still an offensive coordinator.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Defense is definitely a concern. And even more, the seeming lack of even caring about the defense we're seeing. My fear is we've swapped a head coach who's still a defensive coordinator for a head coach who's still an offensive coordinator.
I know and talk to a guy who is a big time doner. He is a cigar boy. I have been knowing him for 20 years. Has Box and all that goes with it. I saw him last week and I asked him was it safe to contribute to the NIL. He said definitely yes, and he donates a bunch of money to it. He knows Selmon and the new coaches and has numbers in his cell phone. He can call them up when he wants. I told him I was concern about both offense and defense and not sure about the coaching. He said he was not worried one bit. He said they will not light the world up next season, but we will all be satisfied at the end of the season. I don't know what he knows but he does know people.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I know and talk to a guy who is a big time doner. He is a cigar boy. I have been knowing him for 20 years. Has Box and all that goes with it. I saw him last week and I asked him was it safe to contribute to the NIL. He said definitely yes, and he donates a bunch of money to it. He knows Selmon and the new coaches and has numbers in his cell phone. He can call them up when he wants. I told him I was concern about both offense and defense and not sure about the coaching. He said he was not worried one bit. He said they will not light the world up next season, but we will all be satisfied at the end of the season. I don't know what he knows but he does know people.
Oh yeah? Well my uncle works for Nintendo and I got to play super Mario brothers 2 before it came out

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Oh yeah? Well my uncle works for Nintendo and I got to play super Mario brothers 2 before it came out
I know you joking but I was not. I don't see this guy all the time. Once or twice a year and this was the first time I was able to talk to him in a while. He is a big wig in my company.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well, he doesn't know much about what the product on the field will look like or how successful the new coach will be. But he's right about contributing to NIL. We all need to scale back Bulldog Club contributions and shift that money to NIL if we want to have any prayer of being moderately successful.

Reactions: GloryDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Well, he doesn't know much about what the product on the field will look like or how successful the new coach will be. But he's right about contributing to NIL. We all need to scale back Bulldog Club contributions and shift that money to NIL if we want to have any prayer of being moderately successful.
I agree. I wondered what made him so sure. He's not expecting an 8 to 10-win season, but it will be better than most of us think. My attitude is to expect five wins and if it is more be happy.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I agree. I wondered what made him so sure. He's not expecting an 8 to 10-win season, but it will be better than most of us think. My attitude is to expect five wins and if it is more be happy.
That’s my attitude as well. And he may be right. Lebby may turn out to be another Mullen. Or not. Whatever he is, it’s an upgrade over what we had.

Reactions: GloryDawg

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I told you not to put that on the internet.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We could have kept Arnett and gone 4-8. That would be a huge disappointment and an admit thst we made the wrong hire. 6-6 is the expectation and anything above thst would be gravy.
I think you have to take into account the damage done by Arnett and the requisite rebuild given the resources. 6-6 is a real long shot, and I would say there is little chance of that. 4-8 is my prediction/5-7 is certainly possible.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Nobody knows what it will look like or how successful it will be yet we have people on here calling 4-5 wins next year.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
4-8 is my prediction. I’m not seeing a winnable sec game outside of Arkansas, and that’s 50/50.
We will beat Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, and have a good shot at Mississippi. I'm seeing 6-6 even with a loss at ASU.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Knight is signed. Not bad. We can use all the help we can get defensively. I think we will be better than expected. Probly bowl eligible.
We added 3 safeties from the portal that can all play. No, they aren't Sean Taylor, but they will impact our team positively. I feel a lot better about our secondary today than I did 2 months ago. I'm not wooly, but I do feel better about it. If Trevion and Dink develop, we could surprise some people.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login