Braden Montgomery portal watch in 3... 2...

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Michael Scott GIF by Giphy QA

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think he’s making a mistake. But he may as well make that mistake in Starkville. Would be a huge pickup for us. Just wish his pitching stats were better. But not complaining if he signs with us.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Hujsak is having a good summer too. I haven't seen where Kellum Clark has been drafted either. Outfield might be fine even with the loss of Ledbetter.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Hujsak is having a good summer too. I haven't seen where Kellum Clark has been drafted either. Outfield might be fine even with the loss of Ledbetter.
Through 15+ rounds and neither Kellum Clark nor Armani Larry have been drafted. Starting to think with some NIL that it might be possible to get one or both of those guys back. Did see that former Bulldog Mikey Tepper went in the 15th round.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
I think it’s time Clark moves on. He hit 11 HR which is fine and dandy but only had 26 RBI on the season. That’s a terrible ratio and shows you a real lack of production In the middle of the lineup.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Stanford is a good school, especially for post graduates. Almost zero percent acceptance rates.

That being said, it is a DIFFERENT culture out there. Not like other places.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I think he’s making a mistake. But he may as well make that mistake in Starkville. Would be a huge pickup for us. Just wish his pitching stats were better. But not complaining if he signs with us.
Yeah, everything I’d read about him was he was all about the Stanford academics. If he ends up at Vandy, I’m gonna puke!

Reactions: patdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We need to give him whatever it takes. If will be an investment down the road as He'll be a number 1 draft pick.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Through 15+ rounds and neither Kellum Clark nor Armani Larry have been drafted. Starting to think with some NIL that it might be possible to get one or both of those guys back. Did see that former Bulldog Mikey Tepper went in the 15th round.
Kellum to the Mets. Round 20.

Reactions: patdog

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Admittedly, I don't know what pitchers are in the portal or might enter the portal, but he is a can'tnmiss, homegrown talent and we need to act.
And projected 1st rounder next summer already. This would be a HUGE get for us.

Yep its 1 year but might as well go all in. Hines is gone and both Kota and Lo are draft eligible sophomores. Dakota already projected 1st round also.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And projected 1st rounder next summer already. This would be a HUGE get for us.

Yep its 1 year but might as well go all in. Hines is gone and both Kota and Lo are draft eligible sophomores. Dakota already projected 1st round also.
How can we go all in if we don't bring in some good pitchers from the portal?

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Until proven otherwise, I will not believe that guys like this will end up anywhere other than LSU, UF, UT, or Vandy. Maybe this kid will change the trend, but not holding my breath
Yep agree. Its ridiculous. LSU will get him and Chase Burns Im sure.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
How can we go all in if we don't bring in some good pitchers from the portal?
Are there good pitchers in the portal? I have no idea, but we can't wait around sitting on our money, we need to get him, unless there is a Friday night starter in the portal. We have to host next year, we can't sit on NIL money and to get a portal pitcher fro the 2025 season. All chips have to be in for this coming season.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Are there good pitchers in the portal? I have no idea, but we can't wait around sitting on our money, we need to get him, unless there is a Friday night starter in the portal. We have to host next year, we can't sit on NIL money and to get a portal pitcher fro the 2025 season. All chips have to be in for this coming season.
We have to host? Hell if that is your expectations, you’re probably going to be let down. Honestly, I’d settle for a regional and a team that looks like they have played baseball before

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
The one sport where our stadium and program history is a plus in recruiting is being countered by NIL. Football and basketball - we don't have that luxury. Even a national championship is not helping us - it's all about the $$.
Its sad. And out of control. Every year the few teams with the deepest pockets go and buy the stud All Stars. Its BS.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The one sport where our stadium and program history is a plus in recruiting is being countered by NIL. Football and basketball - we don't have that luxury. Even a national championship is not helping us - it's all about the $$.
Not really. Our baseball NIL today, is as good as anyones. We aren't losing guys due to money much. It's our abysmal performance on the field that's killing us. We also weren't proactive enough. We finally got rid of a huge part of our problem there.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
We have to host? Hell if that is your expectations, you’re probably going to be let down. Honestly, I’d settle for a regional and a team that looks like they have played baseball before
100% agree. I think the overall program expectation is to be in the hosting discussion every single year, but after completely missing Hoover twice now, 2024 expectation should be play baseball for longer than we did the last two years. Any postseason at all. Hosting is a pipe dream at the moment.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login